Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.12.2011, 08:59 PM   #3981
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah NR SSB is an AMAZING game. I forgot about it. It's kind of weird, cause I keep forgetting it's a fighting game....I personally love. And Joe...>I think next time your near chicago, you should come try yer skill with me and my friends . Me and my friends play Melee and Brawl quite a bit. oh and the orignal now that it's on the Wii. ANyways....we play to win. We don't fuck around. One of our friends is insanely good...(a few actually) but either way. We love the competition and we go through our periods which we don't touch the game...We go through phases which all we basically do is just play Smash Bross.

Anyway. Which is yer fave Joe? Am I wrong in saying the latest one is the best? I think so just because of the characters and their new abilities are great too!. Other than that....the original's gameplay and physics are unmatched.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2011, 09:09 PM   #3982
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
eh it is what it is. Like I said, I've tried. Just doesn't click with me.
Old 05.12.2011, 09:10 PM   #3983
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, I've never even been to Chicago. I'll give you a head's up though for sure if I ever do. I'm pretty sure there's a cheap train that runs from Detroit to Chicago and back.

Melee is definitely my favorite. It does have too many clones, and the smash attack in Brawl was a nice addition - but Melee's definitely the one I've racked up the most experience with.

When I was in my prime in that game, I used to love taking on 3 level 9's (of the same character) all teamed against me at once. I have no clue if I could even do that still.

It's also kinda shitty how much they hindered Ness' abilities in Melee. He was one of my favorites in the 64 version. What I find most annoying though, is the lack of L-Cancelling in Brawl.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2011, 09:12 PM   #3984
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
no I just find it really ... y'know how you like that Ninty made it simple? I don't. I've been such a huge SF2 fan for so many years that to me making a really simplified fighting game felt meh to me. I don't know. I just never found it fun. I've tired so many times to like it, but I just don't.

yeah....it really simple...but it's really fast paced and the roster is fantastic. I love it.
Old 05.12.2011, 09:21 PM   #3985
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Don't forget all the items!

I really don't see how pressing up B, down B, left B or right B instead of UP DOWN UP HIGHKICK or BACK BACK LOW PUNCH to release a special attack really makes all that much of a difference in anything other than character approachability. To each his own I guess.

But yeah, Super Smash Bros is the only game series that I feel really skilled at. That and Mario Kart. As much as I love gaming, my skills are pretty limited overall.
Old 05.12.2011, 09:29 PM   #3986
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not dissing Joe, I jsut think every fighting franchise has its followers. I mean I LIKE MK, and I LIKE SNK games, but not NEARLY as much as Capcom. You get used to an art style, a controller setup, etc...
Old 05.12.2011, 09:31 PM   #3987
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

I'm not offended, I'm just curious about your opinion is all. Funny how I dislike Street Fighter, EVOL dislikes Mortal Kombat and you dislike SSB - yet the other 2 in every scenario thinks the games are great.

You know what was a really neat fighting game? That Bloody Roar: Primal Fury you had for sale a while back. What a gem. I can't believe I sold mine.
Old 05.12.2011, 10:17 PM   #3988
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Oh yeah....Joe btw...Items are fun in SSB....but....we turn all items off as well as smash balls in brawl. just plain fightin.

and actually right now I'm playing Super Mario 3 on my ps3. on world 4 now.
Old 05.13.2011, 07:28 AM   #3989
noisereductions
invito al cielo

good point about the 2/3 fighting games thing. haha. weird.

I think if I had to say what I like least about SSB it would be the levels. I don't really like that there's like big levels with platforms and shit. And I'm just not a big fan of the melee fighting genre to begin with. Comparing SSB to a one-on-one fighter is kind of off anyway. It'd be like comparing Twisted Metal to racing sims or something y'know? They're not quite the same thing.
Old 05.13.2011, 10:35 AM   #3990
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

^ exactly. That's why it's hard for me to see it as an actual fighting game.

oh yeah. The levels....they can be shit.
Old 05.13.2011, 01:44 PM   #3991
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Whenever I play SSB with my friends, they always have to do the same thing. Which is play on the most basic level possible like Hyrule in the first one, and those levels in the later ones that just, flat foundations. And no items. At that point I always just think, why not play a regular fighting game? I don't really care for fighting games though, so whatever.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2011, 03:25 PM   #3992
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Whenever I play SSB with my friends, they always have to do the same thing. Which is play on the most basic level possible like Hyrule in the first one, and those levels in the later ones that just, flat foundations. And no items. At that point I always just think, why not play a regular fighting game? I don't really care for fighting games though, so whatever.

it's the best way to play!
Old 05.13.2011, 03:48 PM   #3993
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
SSB without items???
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2011, 03:51 PM   #3994
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

yeah! Items can be cheap....me thinks.

better to just fight....mano a mano.
Old 05.13.2011, 09:50 PM   #3995
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Who is that fucking asshole in NES Goonies II who you meet early on in rooms and whenever you hit him he says something like "Oh! What do you do!" Agh I could still kill him to this day.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2011, 03:59 AM   #3996
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
yeah! Items can be cheap....me thinks.

better to just fight....mano a mano.

That's fine and all. But I always feel like it's going out of your way to reduce the game to the most basic elements possible to make it resemble other fighting games. I mean, imagine Mario Kart, but take out all the items, and play on all those early levels with no obstacles. How fun would that be?

Old 05.14.2011, 01:10 PM   #3997
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
That's fine and all. But I always feel like it's going out of your way to reduce the game to the most basic elements possible to make it resemble other fighting games. I mean, imagine Mario Kart, but take out all the items, and play on all those early levels with no obstacles. How fun would that be?

You have a valid point.....but..There are certain items(home run bat, laser sword, nes gun, bomb-omb) that can be just too powerful. I think this canruin matches.And well...in Brawl...well the Smash Ball...come on....that shit is just cheap. I felt it really dumbed the game down too....I mean....just hold B for yer special? pfffffffffff
Old 05.14.2011, 01:15 PM   #3998
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
I agree, I would never take out the items on SSB. That's what makes SSB so fun and hilarious, its a fight for the items or fighting your ass off to avoid players with them. If you're not good enough or fast enough to get them that's your fault, they're not cheap, that's the whole point to SSB's gameplay.

Also yelling obscenities at Mario Kart Wii is extremely fun, after you drifted every corner perfectly and fought off opponents red shells with bananas and other items only to be hit with a leader bomb as going over a jump over lava. It's fun, frustrating, but a whole lot of fun.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2011, 01:19 PM   #3999
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostchase
I agree, I would never take out the items on SSB. That's what makes SSB so fun and hilarious, its a fight for the items or fighting your ass off to avoid players with them. If you're not good enough or fast enough to get them that's your fault, they're not cheap, that's the whole point to SSB's gameplay.

hmmm....Well if you need items to beat an apponent well then that's yer fault ;-)

Oh yeah...I started lpaying Demon Souls again.....finally was able to get past 5-2 and 3-2....fucking maneaters....You need to have the patience of a Saint for this damn game.
Old 05.14.2011, 02:54 PM   #4000
Count Mecha
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
You have a valid point.....but..There are certain items(home run bat, laser sword, nes gun, bomb-omb) that can be just too powerful. I think this canruin matches.And well...in Brawl...well the Smash Ball...come on....that shit is just cheap. I felt it really dumbed the game down too....I mean....just hold B for yer special? pfffffffffff

Yeah, I see your point there. Even when I talk them into using items, they demand to turn off the hammer, star, and all the healing items. I tend to agree, I do hate the hammer.

150190197198199 200 201202203210250 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth