Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page So I saw Patti Smith with Silver Mt Zion live (+members of portishead, chillis etc.)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.18.2009, 08:26 PM   #1
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Okay so the next nugget of excitement in my week at Ornette Coleman's Meltdown was Patti Smith live, which I've literally just got back from. She was joined by The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra, her daughter Jesse Smith on piano, Adrian Utley of Portishead, Flea of the Chilli Peppers, and The Master Musicians of Jajouka. Not all at the same time mind you, though the spectacle of seeing Flea perform with Silver Mt. Zion was sadly one I did behold. The set was a mixed bag of spoken word stuff with musical accompanyment in the vein of The Coral Sea mixed in with recent songs, one of which was performed by just Patti and her daughter, dedicated too the late Fred 'Sonic' Smith ("the writer that did not write"). So it was all extremely powerful stuff, and the desciption above pretty much tells you straight out the whole thing was fucking awesome.

In the encore she played my all-time favourite classic of hers, Pissing In A River, followed by Ghost Dance, which, with Smith running into the aisles of the audience, by the end everyone was roused enough to be on their feet singing along. God bless that woman!

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2009, 09:15 PM   #2
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
for a moment i read 'Chills' not 'Chillis'. sadness ensued when i realized my mistake.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2009, 09:32 PM   #3
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by narlus
for a moment i read 'Chills' not 'Chillis'. sadness ensued when i realized my mistake.

SAME
Old 06.18.2009, 09:35 PM   #4
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Odd. So did i..
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2009, 10:01 PM   #5
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
you seem to have been to some insanely dream-like gig experiences in the past few weeks..

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth