Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Question about recording guitar tracks
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.21.2019, 03:51 PM   #1
Charliecharles
empty page

Charliecharles has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
My music is mainly guitar based. For my guitar parts, I double up each guitar part by copying the guitar track, panning the two tracks hard left and right, and applying a slight delay to the second guitar track to differentiate it. I then group the two tracks and apply effects to the group.

Instead of copying the guitar track to the second track should I be recording an entirely new guitar track? I’m wondering if it will be easier to mix and what is the preferred way to do this.
Thank you!
english news capread
Charliecharles is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2019, 04:26 PM   #2
d.sound
children of satan

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, it will sound better if you record new takes instead of copying and pasting. I do like the hard panning. I do that a lot.

The more layers you add the muddier it gets. If you are just doubling I can't imagine having issues. If you have a lot of instruments in the same tone range and things get muddy, you might want to learn about compression.

http://seatone.bandcamp.com
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth