Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 07.07.2018, 03:59 PM   #4361
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,041
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
I'm very into local and state politics. I stay aware of the national stuff even though there isn't much I can do to change it. I really wish we were in the ascendancy now, but I don't mind being a minority party when I know who's right and who's wrong. If you look at the great arc of history, their side is on the losing end more often than not, or otherwise we'd still be kneeling in the mud as the masters passed by (that's a quote from my direct ancestor). Give a read to Germinal if you want a good idea as to how things were for the majority of the "civilized world" around 100 years ago...

We’ve had like twice as many republican presidents as democratic presidents, but maybe you’re taking more big picture stuff?

Anyway, I very much mind. And I’m not sure this is really contiguous with “history” unless you’re speaking at a level so macro that it will only bounce back in ways we won’t be able to measure or witness because we’ll be long dead?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2018, 04:13 PM   #4362
Skuj
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: See My Top 10.
Posts: 1,618
Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
One thing I hope most people realize now: FUCKING VOTE.
__________________
Love, Skuj.
May 2009-May 2019.
1618 useless posts.
Skuj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2018, 05:05 PM   #4363
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,041
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
One thing I hope most people realize now: FUCKING VOTE.

LOLZ
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2018, 08:39 PM   #4364
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull
 
tw2113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,550
tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Voting is how we got the asshats we have now.
__________________
Shake shake
tw2113 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 01:26 AM   #4365
Skuj
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: See My Top 10.
Posts: 1,618
Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Dems fuckin stayed home in droves. I know I know....Clinton didn't excite them enough......she was going to win anyway......etc etc.

And here we are.
__________________
Love, Skuj.
May 2009-May 2019.
1618 useless posts.
Skuj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 06:12 AM   #4366
evollove
invito al cielo
 
evollove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,036
evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Lol

Having this debate now.

"We need to register people to vote."

Me: "No. We need to register people who will vote Dem, and we need to make sure Dems go to the polls."

There's a difference.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 08:17 AM   #4367
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: orbit
Posts: 40,251
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Lol

Having this debate now.

"We need to register people to vote."

Me: "No. We need to register people who will vote Dem, and we need to make sure Dems go to the polls."

There's a difference.
yesbut (lolsorry)

dems being a big tent will never toe one party line

so many factions—and the left tends to be less disciplined than the right. factions & factions.

e.g. berniebros rejecting hilaria (idjits)

also, swing voters swing: many who voted for obama switched to trump

it’s a tricky business but where im driving at is dems need a compelling message too from the top not just grassroots work.

“i’m not him” was not sufficient and might not be sufficient again (and enough with the popular vote disclaimers, that means zero).

what is required is also an appeal to enlightened self-interest... maybe. something. i really don’t know.

but also: better tactics.

things are still up in the air but keep up the good work.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 09:45 AM   #4368
ilduclo
invito al cielo
 
ilduclo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,016
ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Voting is how we got the asshats we have now.


Nope
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 09:52 AM   #4369
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,041
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yesbut (lolsorry)

dems being a big tent will never toe one party line

so many factions—and the left tends to be less disciplined than the right. factions & factions.

e.g. berniebros rejecting hilaria (idjits)

also, swing voters swing: many who voted for obama switched to trump

it’s a tricky business but where im driving at is dems need a compelling message too from the top not just grassroots work.

“i’m not him” was not sufficient and might not be sufficient again (and enough with the popular vote disclaimers, that means zero).

what is required is also an appeal to enlightened self-interest... maybe. something. i really don’t know.

but also: better tactics.

things are still up in the air but keep up the good work.


Ok, love you Slambang, but this is the very discussion we were having two years ago. Just sayin’. Personally, I can’t take this whole thing... again... fucking blimey.

I think Skuj was specifically talking about/to SFAD, who — if y’all recall — wasn’t gonna vote, thinking somehow that not giving into the system is the answer to the problem. And it probably is in the loooooooong run, but that’s not how you address an impending flicking threat. When you’re faced with a decision between a walking horrorshow championing unapologetic aggression toward the fundamentals of democracy and a smarty pants who’s kind of a bitch... you fucking choose the qualified person who’s kind of a bitch, and you SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PRAY.

Yes, Dems are horrifically disorganized. They have weak campaigns and weak messages that almost exclusicely play into the Trump narrative, so yet again we’re faced with a “We’re not Trump, vote for me because DUH DON’T VOTE FOR THEM” kind of thing and it’s not looking promising from where I’m sitting.

Sounds crazy and premature, but the Dems need firepower. They need an Obama. They need an ambitious, partially-qualified powerhouse to speak to the people of this country who only have rage and hatred toward Trump and his party, and don’t have a clear idea of what they want that is not a reaction to Trump. They need to have their rage addressed, but they also need guidance and someone to throw up a torch for them and be pro-something instead of just anti-Trump.

From my perspective, that’s what congressional and legislative distrtics need, that’s what the nation as a whole needs. An alternate message that makes sense and points to a clear path forward. More than just “Trump = bad!”

Minority wouldn’t hurt, but in this climate would probably get assassinated before making any real headway. Probably a white man, but... I dunno, maybe a young one? Shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 12:17 PM   #4370
ilduclo
invito al cielo
 
ilduclo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,016
ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.registerguard.com/opinion...nd-usurpations

"Only when that party of enablers of tyranny, cruelty, immorality and ignorance is defeated can a new, and loyal party be resurrected to credibly represent conservative ideas and values which many of us hold dear."
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 12:46 PM   #4371
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,041
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Side note: There’s a very good show on Showtime (Showtime? Yeah) called The Fourth Estate about the New York Times’ struggle to cover the Trump administration amid open animosity from the White House and the right as a whole, financial difficulties and just really fucking weird/crazy news non-stop.

Good, compelling show. Just learned about its existence.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 01:27 PM   #4372
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: orbit
Posts: 40,251
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^too long to quote your post and im typing on a phone but i wasnt having a debate with you 2 years ago, i was replying to evolloves idea that "dems need to vote" -- it's a simple sentence but the concept of "dems" is complex as fuck. A case of grammar obscuring reality. Ok!

Eta: also, suchbongs was never a "democrat" in the first place. As a theocrat, he always only impersonated a voter.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 02:55 PM   #4373
Skuj
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: See My Top 10.
Posts: 1,618
Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Ok, love you Slambang, but this is the very discussion we were having two years ago. Just sayin’. Personally, I can’t take this whole thing... again... fucking blimey.

I think Skuj was specifically talking about/to SFAD, who — if y’all recall — wasn’t gonna vote, thinking somehow that not giving into the system is the answer to the problem. And it probably is in the loooooooong run, but that’s not how you address an impending flicking threat. When you’re faced with a decision between a walking horrorshow championing unapologetic aggression toward the fundamentals of democracy and a smarty pants who’s kind of a bitch... you fucking choose the qualified person who’s kind of a bitch, and you SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PRAY.

Yes, Dems are horrifically disorganized. They have weak campaigns and weak messages that almost exclusicely play into the Trump narrative, so yet again we’re faced with a “We’re not Trump, vote for me because DUH DON’T VOTE FOR THEM” kind of thing and it’s not looking promising from where I’m sitting.

Sounds crazy and premature, but the Dems need firepower. They need an Obama. They need an ambitious, partially-qualified powerhouse to speak to the people of this country who only have rage and hatred toward Trump and his party, and don’t have a clear idea of what they want that is not a reaction to Trump. They need to have their rage addressed, but they also need guidance and someone to throw up a torch for them and be pro-something instead of just anti-Trump.

From my perspective, that’s what congressional and legislative distrtics need, that’s what the nation as a whole needs. An alternate message that makes sense and points to a clear path forward. More than just “Trump = bad!”

Minority wouldn’t hurt, but in this climate would probably get assassinated before making any real headway. Probably a white man, but... I dunno, maybe a young one? Shit.


The thing that gets me day in and day out is.....WHERE IS THE FUCKING OUTRAGE? Schumer is just too nice. Every single day Team Trump is lying and tripping over itself, and where are the Dems?
__________________
Love, Skuj.
May 2009-May 2019.
1618 useless posts.
Skuj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 03:13 PM   #4374
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: orbit
Posts: 40,251
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
The thing that gets me day in and day out is.....WHERE IS THE FUCKING OUTRAGE? Schumer is just too nice. Every single day Team Trump is lying and tripping over itself, and where are the Dems?
Democrats are the Arsenal (FC) of American politics

See: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...3bc_story.html
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 03:38 PM   #4375
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,041
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
^^too long to quote your post and im typing on a phone but i wasnt having a debate with you 2 years ago, i was replying to evolloves idea that "dems need to vote" -- it's a simple sentence but the concept of "dems" is complex as fuck. A case of grammar obscuring reality. Ok!

Eta: also, suchbongs was never a "democrat" in the first place. As a theocrat, he always only impersonated a voter.

I was just saying, this sounds like what we were saying after Trump got elected. Not beefin, just making an observation.
We good?

Also, yeah about SFAD, but either way... dude shoulda voted. Not voting was not an answer.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 03:42 PM   #4376
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,041
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
The thing that gets me day in and day out is.....WHERE IS THE FUCKING OUTRAGE? Schumer is just too nice. Every single day Team Trump is lying and tripping over itself, and where are the Dems?

I hear ya. All that talk of not normalizing, and the Capital Hill Dems pretty much did exactly that.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 04:38 PM   #4377
Skuj
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: See My Top 10.
Posts: 1,618
Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
They should be doing everything in their power to STOP the next SCOTUS nominee prior to Nov elections. McConnell cannot have it both ways.
__________________
Love, Skuj.
May 2009-May 2019.
1618 useless posts.
Skuj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 04:48 PM   #4378
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo
 
Bytor Peltor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arlen, Texas
Posts: 7,784
Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Democrats Are Going To Be Pissed......does she plan to spend 2 Billion in 2020?
__________________


אש זרה


A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

 
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 05:02 PM   #4379
Skuj
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: See My Top 10.
Posts: 1,618
Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
There is NO FUCKING WAY that she will run again, and New York Post is .......what exactly is it?

Edit: "In 2017, the New York Post was reported to be the preferred newspaper of U.S. President Donald Trump,[79][80] who maintains frequent contact with its owner, Rupert Murdoch.[80] "

LOL.
__________________
Love, Skuj.
May 2009-May 2019.
1618 useless posts.
Skuj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2018, 05:14 PM   #4380
ilduclo
invito al cielo
 
ilduclo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,016
ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
They should be doing everything in their power to STOP the next SCOTUS nominee prior to Nov elections. McConnell cannot have it both ways.

that's one we likely won't win, we can hope for some fatal illnesses in Alito, Roberts, Thomas, though. Roberts already had a pretty significant health scare.


http://content.time.com/time/nation/...648384,00.html
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
119
169209216217218 219 220221222229269319 > »
-->

Thread Tools

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth