Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page White Man in Hammersmith Palais (Clash Cover)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.28.2020, 11:52 AM   #1
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
I personally believe The Clash are the most underrated band in the history of rock-n-roll. That said, I stumbled across this while in quarantine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lKd7b6yOAg

Love it.
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2020, 11:19 PM   #2
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Skull
I personally believe The Clash are the most underrated band in the history of rock-n-roll.

What? That's neither critically nor commercially sound, and neither during their existence nor after it.

The cold numbers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cl...#Studio_albums

London Calling was hailed as an Exile On Main St-like masterpiece virtually on arrival. (In fact, the initial critical reaction was far better than Exile's; practically nobody except Robert Christgau liked that Stones album when it came out, and I'm taking into account "legends" like Lester Bangs and Lenny Kaye). The Clash were constantly referred to, in their lifetime, as "the only band that matters". Their albums keep selling and keep being reissued and repackaged. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2020, 09:38 AM   #3
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
What? I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You never fail to live up to "The Soup Nazi" moniker, that's for sure. Yes, technically you are correct - I stand corrected. However, if you asked the average rock-n-roll fan to list the greats, you'd get Beatles, Stones, Zep, Floyd, The Who, and - I'm betting - a list of 30+ more before The Clash would make an appearance.

Anyway, did you like the cover?
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2020, 02:16 PM   #4
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Skull
Anyway, did you like the cover?

YES - you have a lovely voice!

I enjoyed it so much I placed it on a mixtape (actual old school cassette mixtape) I’m sending to Russia : )
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth