Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Another rappard-related SY release!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.26.2007, 09:59 AM   #21
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
What's up with your chronic complaints about large sigs? Turn 'em off if they bother you so. I know you can't possibly be on dial-up, so what's the huge problem?

Look, my copy of Hague '06 has clicks and pops all over it. I didn't write about this in the original torrent thread at dime out of respect. I merely made a silly comment using sonicl's words in this thread. It may just be my copy, yeah, but you and I both know that isn't very likely, hence, all of them have the clicks and the recording needs reseeding or possibly even remastering.

Yeah, I know you put in a lot of hard work and it's very much appreciated even though it may not seem like it from my comment. I've often in the past been a huge enthusiast of yours and every one of your recordings in the past has been exceptional except for this particular one. Also, your archive is tremendous and remarkable. So can we just drop the bullshit already? The best thing you could have done is not even bother replying to my ill-advised and admittedly smart-ass attempt at humor. And perhaps I should take my own advice above, save myself some strife, and just delete this post.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2007, 03:37 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappard
Huh? What's your point?

And what's with the ridiculously large Haile Selassie sig? Are you atari 2600 in another disguise?

metallica shut down naptser remember?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2007, 09:51 AM   #23
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
metallica shut down naptser remember?
[snip]
Yes, I know - but what does that have to do with this thread?

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2007, 09:57 AM   #24
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
did that thing really close out at 41USD? wow.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2007, 10:19 AM   #25
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
What's up with your chronic complaints about large sigs? Turn 'em off if they bother you so. I know you can't possibly be on dial-up, so what's the huge problem?

Is it that you're deperately trying to find something to criticize?
Look, my copy of Hague '06 has clicks and pops all over it. I didn't write about this in the original torrent thread at dime out of respect. I merely made a silly comment using sonicl's words in this thread. It may just be my copy, yeah, but you and I both know that isn't very likely, hence, all of them have the clicks and the recording needs reseeding or possibly even remastering.

Yeah, I know you put in a lot of hard work and it's very much appreciated even though it may not seem like it from my comment. I've often in the past been a huge enthusiast of yours and every one of your recordings in the past has been exceptional except for this particular one. Also, your archive is tremendous and remarkable. So can we just drop the bullshit already? The best thing you could have done is not even bother replying to my ill-advised and admittedly smart-ass attempt at humor. And perhaps I should take my own advice above, save myself some strife, and just delete this post.
- Two off-hand remarks about your sig constitute "chronic"? Dude, chill. And read http://www.electrical.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27051, while you're at it.
- And why did you change your sig then, to something a lot smaller?
- And why the deletion of posts?

All ribbing aside, it sounds like you have a bad burn - could you send me the location of the major clicks and pops, so I can check my copy? When I originally seeded it I heard no complaints. Granted, I didn't check the transfer very carefully - only gave it a casual listen all the way through.

Old 09.01.2007, 02:17 AM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yes, I know - but what does that have to do with this thread?

cuz you were complaining about this release..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2007, 07:04 PM   #27
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
cuz you were complaining about this release..

On the contrary, he posted this thread to sell the bootleg. Don't ever take a post rappard writes at face value. This thread is merely a smokescreen.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
Old 09.25.2007, 07:24 PM   #28
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
got a tip from a fellow Dime member:

Quote:
if the Dime mods can get the details of that seller's pc (IP number, name if poss) they will dump them off Dime.
Suggest you get in touch with the seller, ask a question and keep any e-mails you get from him. Act dumb and don't mention Dime to him/her
Pass any reply on to Dime mods (complete with header) plus details of the sale, and they will sort it out.

Sometimes just the threat of shopping them will get the sale stopped, but if you really want it sorted, say nothing to him, pass on details to the mods and they will ban the seller.

Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try...

Spare us the act, please.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...6&postcount=35

Quote:
Kneel, my Dark Army Of The Night! Mwuhahahahahaha....(cue string section in minor here). OK, that's enough totalitarianism for one post.
Old 09.26.2007, 04:26 AM   #29
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
On the contrary, he posted this thread to sell the bootleg. Don't ever take a post rappard writes at face value. This thread is merely a smokescreen.
Dude, just stop lying and/or making up unprovable accusations:

Seller of the item (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300144409577&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020) was phlip67, based in the US.

And this is me: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...userid=rappard.

Old 09.26.2007, 04:35 AM   #30
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
This thread is merely a smokescreen.
Well, looks like you smoked even more in your room.

Rappard, prove me you did not go around collecting budweiser steins from the eigthies and books about PA history and Topps cards just to make up a fake ebay id and after 9 years sell a sy boot!

seriously, atari, this is getting ridiculous. At least in that other thread you had some kind of argumentative thinking going on. Here your credibility is below 0 from every point of view.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2007, 04:49 AM   #31
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
[snip]
Rappard, prove me you did not go around collecting budweiser steins from the eigthies and books about PA history and Topps cards just to make up a fake ebay id and after 9 years sell a sy boot!
[snip]
****, you got me! Yes, I even acquired a US home and credit card so I can sell under *two* different eBay IDs from *two* different locations. But boy, flying back and forth sure adds up - that's why I have to sell so many bootlegs.

Old 09.26.2007, 09:23 AM   #32
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:

Kneel, my Dark Army Of The Night! Mwuhahahahahaha....(cue string section in minor here). OK, that's enough totalitarianism for one post.

Or maybe you just have "minions" in the U.S. now. Look, you can't be trusted. You sell shows. For sale: SY FLAC hard drive
And, no, I'm not the mod, I'm just giving you fair warning to keep "for sale" messages off this board from now on.
Old 09.26.2007, 03:03 PM   #33
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Frankly, I think so-called 'band-approved bootlegs' (not quite a paradox or oxymoron, but close) have been far more detrimental to fans and record collecting than what the old-fashioned 'unofficial' bootlegs have been.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth