Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bitch about things you are pissed off about II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.20.2013, 08:40 PM   #861
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2013, 08:54 PM   #862
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

oh i touched a nerve, the nerve, the fucking central nervous system, didn't i? didn't i?

okay. sleep on that. good night.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2013, 09:06 PM   #863
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh i touched a nerve, the nerve, the fucking central nervous system, didn't i? didn't i?

okay. sleep on that. good night.

Old 10.21.2013, 09:20 AM   #864
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

that's a funny picture but it has nothing to do with these two supreme facts:

1) you're white

2) you're wrong

never forget. never, ever forget.

mhuahahahahaha
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2013, 11:04 AM   #865
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
If I was a corrupt fossil feul energy corporation I would subsidize the fuck out of wignoramus' like our hemp smoking friend here. Keep 'em looking to god for the light rather than figuring out how to obsolete our expensive carbon based profit machines with fusion.

Can you IMAGINE what things would be like if we had a scientifically informed radical working class movement which agitated loudly for things like fusion? Dear god if we could only ruthlessly purge all the unconsciously religious progressive posturing and educate people on how to engineer their own environment!
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2013, 12:09 PM   #866
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
..wignoramus' like our hemp smoking friend here.

I like that. It has me envisioning some kind of walrus-rhinoceros Island of Dr Moreau hybrid.

Quote:
Keep 'em looking to god for the light rather than figuring out how to obsolete our expensive carbon based profit machines with fusion.

They said the same thing fifty years ago about fission. Again, what is this obsession with God(s) with you? I love the caricature of some kind of Amish ascetic that you portray me as, but I am not anti-science, I am not anti-technology, I just don't jump on every bandwagon article in Popular Mechanics .

How has that worked out exactly?

Old 10.22.2013, 12:52 PM   #867
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fission is inherently dirty. Fusion is like a nuclear rimjob with a dental dam. No shitty-smelling hairs in your teeth.
Old 10.22.2013, 01:00 PM   #868
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
fission is inherently dirty. Fusion is like a nuclear rimjob with a dental dam. No shitty-smelling hairs in your teeth.

You are dealing with situations beyond human control. Yeah, here is a great idea, lets try and recreate the conditions at the CENTER OF THE SUN and see if that works out here on the Earth. Bullshit! When something goes wrong, nobody can fix it. Even if they can, as in Chernobyl, these scumbag companies and governments don't invest the funding on time. The shell over Chernobyl is supposed to be finished in TEN YEARS, meanwhile the entire thing is cracked and warped, the concrete dome wasn't designed to last 15 years let alone 30. See what I mean? Think things through. It is a deeply human question, "Just because I am able do something, does that necessarily mean that I should?"

THAT is what Fukushima demonstrates effectively. THAT is the disaster that is Chernobyl. These places will be contaminated for THOUSANDS OF YEARS! Simply put, ACCIDENTS happen. Nuclear accidents aren't as containable as oil spills and natural gas fires

Old 10.22.2013, 01:16 PM   #869
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
You fucking dunce.

I won't even correct you this time. Go look up the difference between fission and actually existing fusion if you REALLY don't have some inkling because at this point you are deliberately talking shit to avoid facing being wrong.

Any bystanders PLEASE do not let this hippie dolt persuade you with his bs. Go look up currently existing fusion from mainstream sources like the bbc etc. I guarantee that if you are in possession of the facts you will be both thrilled and awed at the wonders this tech will bring to us all once its rolled out commercially.

And when dipshit hippies are trying to fool you by making false comparisons between old skool fukushima reactors and fusion like ITER you wont put up with their stupidity. If there is a single nation on earth that rejects this tech based on the falsehoods muchbongs has been spewing then inevitably that decision would come to be regarded as one of histories most embarrassing moments. This stuff works and a single reactor could easily be maintained with a small percentage (or maybe less than a percent) of a first world countries budget and give free energy to EVERYONE. Whatever country gets fusion first will become the example that everyone else soon demands their government follows.
Old 10.22.2013, 01:21 PM   #870
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

This stuff works and a single reactor could easily be maintained with a small percentage (or maybe less than a percent) of a first world countries budget and give free energy to EVERYONE. Whatever country gets fusion first will become the example that everyone else soon demands their government follows.

Cool story bro.

Old 10.22.2013, 01:27 PM   #871
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

But because this pot smoking theologian asshole has not HEARD about it he's trying to tell you it doesnt exist. Theb hes trying to convince you its the same as fission which is one of the most ethically disgusting things ever said on this board because that fucking IGNORANCE will keep millions literally in the dark as they chose to spend their last few dollars on food rather than electricity. When we have fusion such sad situations will be a thing of the past.

But captain kush over here can't deal with that because his dumb imaginary god worshipping ass HATES the fact that science is leaping over the boundaries he would have us never cross so we can leave some of that hubris for god to claim.

Well fuck your imaginary god.
Old 10.22.2013, 01:29 PM   #872
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Cool story bro.

No cos you just edited into your post. And it doesnt mean anything since they ALREADY did that experiment and already generated that level of power and there isnt anyway it could blow us all up like you want to pretend.
Old 10.22.2013, 01:31 PM   #873
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
But because this pot smoking theologian asshole has not HEARD about it he's trying to tell you it doesnt exist. Theb hes trying to convince you its the same as fission which is one of the most ethically disgusting things ever said on this board because that fucking IGNORANCE will keep mikkions literally in the dark as they chose to spend their last few dollars on food rather than electricity. When we have fusion such sad situatiobs will be a thing of the past.

But captain kush over here can't deal with that because his dumb imaginary god worshipping ass HATES the fact that science is leaping over the boundaries he would have us never cross so we can leave some of that hubris for god to claim.

Well fuck your imaginary god.

No, I didn't say they were the same things at all, but since your ass DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO READ I'm not at all surprised. What I said was that with our current history with existing nuclear technologies, we should not be optimistic about rushing into anything else. Whether lasers or magnets, fusion technology does not work on a commercial scale. All your fantasies make for great PR, but they aren't science just yet, they are science fiction, but considering you can't seem to read, I'm not surprised to didn't mark the difference between future projections and existing technologies.

My point in looking at evidence of existing nuclear failures, is that we should understand that ALL of our actions have potential consequences, and sometimes with technologies in particular we get ahead of ourselves. All of those, "Its safe, its the future, we got this" bravado were the SAME slogans that fission reactors were built by. Yeah, fission reactors and tobacco were fucking harmless weren't they, or so all the executives and great news articles predicted. What happened? The opposite. So with this fusion debate, we should be cautious and realistic, which is all I've suggested. So meh to you and your diatribe, its not warranted and you sound needlessly hostile as usual. Besides, what has God(s) have to do with any of this? Or weed? Lord you are obsessed, when will you just ask me out already? This middle school crush you have on me is getting old fast

Old 10.22.2013, 01:32 PM   #874
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Wow you edited your post again before I posted my reply. Go pretend the experiments I described are a "story" and not a fact somewhere else like your own navel where noone can Google and prove your lies wrong.
Old 10.22.2013, 01:36 PM   #875
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Wow you edited your post again before I posted my reply. Go pretend the experiments I described are a "story" and not a fact somewhere else like your own navel where noone can Google and prove your lies wrong.

Did you never click on the link I posted? Fuck all you really are that dense aren't you? Are we ever going to have an adult conversation are you going to waste my time throwing unwarranted accusations? You're a fucking lame do you know that?

Old 10.22.2013, 01:39 PM   #876
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
No, I didn't say they were the same things at all, but since your ass DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO READ I'm not at all surprised. What I said was that with our current history with existing nuclear technologies, we should not be optimistic about rushing into anything else. Whether lasers or magnets, fusion technology does not work on a commercial scale. All your fantasies make for great PR, but they aren't science just yet, they are science fiction, but considering you can't seem to read, I'm not surprised to didn't mark the difference between future projections and existing technologies.

My point in looking at evidence of existing nuclear failures, is that we should understand that ALL of our actions have potential consequences, and sometimes with technologies in particular we get ahead of ourselves. All of those, "Its safe, its the future, we got this" bravado were the SAME slogans that fission reactors were built by. Yeah, fission reactors and tobacco were fucking harmless weren't they, or so all the executives and great news articles predicted. What happened? The opposite. So with this fusion debate, we should be cautious and realistic, which is all I've suggested. So meh to you and your diatribe, its not warranted and you sound needlessly hostile as usual. Besides, what has God(s) have to do with any of this? Or weed? Lord you are obsessed, when will you just ask me out already? This middle school crush you have on me is getting old fast

Dude theres noone here who cant read the thread and watch your bs and contortions so im led to conclude the only person you are posting this for is yourself. You are afraid to admit to yourself that you can be wrong and there are things you don't know. Id tell you to pull your head out of your ass but its to late. Go back and edit more of your posts to make yourself look less wrong then make another couple affirming what you REALLY meant. I don't need to hold your hand do I?
Old 10.22.2013, 01:43 PM   #877
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Like you really just said fusion doesn't work at a commercial scale. Now you'll say you just meant it hasnt been rolled out at a commercial scale yet. This is unbelievable. You are repeating repeating points I originally made and backtracking and subtly hinting at things you know arent true (like the idea you implied that it can never work commercially) all in a desperate attempt to convince someone you arent wrong. This is really really childish. Its like I am arguing against a carefully worded press release. You are an insane egomaniacal fool.

Every post you make is designed with a little trap for me to fall into by calling you out on what youve implied so you can then say "ahha I never actually said that!" I mean jesus fucking christ is this pathetic.
Old 10.22.2013, 01:50 PM   #878
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Like you really just said fusion doesn't work at a commercial scale. Now you'll say you just meant it hasnt been rolled out at a commercial scale yet. This is unbelievable. You are repeating repeating points I originally made and backtracking and subtly hinting at things you know arent true (like the idea you implied that it can never work commercially) all in a desperate attempt to convince someone you arent wrong. This is really really childish. Its like I am arguing against a carefully worded press release. You are an insane egomaniacal fool.

Every post you make is designed with a little trap for me to fall into by calling you out on what youve implied so you can then say "ahha I never actually said that!" I mean jesus fucking christ is this pathetic.

My prep period is about to end so I will make this quick. Firstly, who is ego tripping on who here? Read the tone and choice of wording in your responses. It might be revealing.

The one being childish is you, because you jumped on a misunderstanding of what I was trying to say, and rolled with it. I never said fusion was the same as fission, what I said was scientists said fission would be safe and harmless and the energy of the future and it would make fossil fuels obsolete. Did that pan out? No. Then I proceeded to point out the dangers that resulted from said fission. Why might you ask? To point out that sometimes we should be cautious, the scientists have been wrong before.

I never said fission was like fusion. I said fission was predicted to change the world like you're saying fusion will, and it didn't happen. Further, you're caught up in fairy tales, fusion hasn't worked since the first time they tried it 1946, and all these lasers and magnets only delay the inevitable reality that keeps dominating every experiment for decades, it costs as much or more energy on the lasers and magnets than you get out of it. Further, they haven't tried to generate electricity on a commercial scale using these technologies, what is "safe" in a smaller laboratory setting might not translate so well into a larger commercial setting. Can we keep having an adult conversation like friends or are you going to keep slandering, gossiping, and name-calling?

Old 10.22.2013, 01:56 PM   #879
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Dude. USE FUCKING GOOGLE. They HAVE successfully done it. Its possible for new information to exist outside of the out dated info you already knew. Its working RIGHT NOW. Theyve got MORE ENERGY OUT than they took in. Go look it up on sites like the bbc or the financial times or many many others.
Old 10.22.2013, 02:01 PM   #880
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Dude. USE FUCKING GOOGLE. They HAVE successfully done it. Its possible for new information to exist outside of the out dated info you already knew. Its working RIGHT NOW. Theyve got MORE ENERGY OUT than they took in. Go look it up on sites like the bbc or the financial times or many many others.

No, what they have done, and only recently, and only once or twice, is for a small time generate on a small scale more energy than they put into it. Yes, I read the article on BBC News. Yeah, I checked the status update at the NIF website. No breaking news about commercially viable. What I read was a bunch of scientists REALLY stretching their results to keep up their funding. Its cool science, yeah, but not exactly the wave to the future yet. It has to actually work for that to happen. And understand this, even if or when it does, there will still be many inherent risks. Its the nature of reality. Nothing is free. Nothing comes from nothing. Everything is in balance. If humans want to use energy, it will cost them something. Fossil fuels have brought us cancer and global warming. Fission has panned out not necessarily worse, but definitely no better. We should expect fusion if it does eventually work, to carry its own risks. Shouldn't we take the time this time around to think it through before rolling out implementation rather than doing what we've done the past 150 years and dealing with the consequences after the fact?

Besides, you're getting to worked up over this. Remember when BBC reported that a lab broke the speed of light? Then what happened. Oh, right, the detectors on the machine were dirty

414243 44 4546475494144 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth