Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The 2007 Eurovision Song Contest
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.13.2007, 03:15 PM   #21
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
Well heres something interesting for you all. Scooch (the british entry if you didn't know) have been around for quite a while, and back in their early days they came and performed at my primary school. I would have been about 8 or 9. So by no choice of my own, my first gig was Scooch. I can't really remeber too much of it really, which is a shame. I must have been off my head.
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2007, 04:00 PM   #22
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulasch Noir
I just heard on television a man seriously complaining, that the Song Contest (as we call it) has become a forum for the Ex Eastern Bloc states (analogous). And further, they would only vote for each other.

That's what makes it so funny. It doesn't matter how godawful the songs are - Sweden always vote for Norway, Cyprus always vote for Turkey, Ireland always vote for Great Britain and so on.

Now that there are a whole load of 'Eastern Bloc' countries included they all vote for each other and the 'Western Bloc' don't get a look in. It's hilarious.

I was surprised that Estonia voted for Russia though.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2007, 04:31 PM   #23
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
To be fair, the winner recieved votes from all over the place and won by a fair margin. It was a bit of a rubbish song though.

Overall it was the best Eurovision for some years. Bulgaria managed to do a reworking of an old Sheep on Drugs song, with drum interludes, the Romanians were great, Georgia were all serious and very cool with Visionary Dream, Armenia were a bit worrying, that thing that arced across the stage was nice, Andorra gave no points whatsoever to Spain, Turkey saved the UK's embarrassment (or at least a fragment of it) by having an even worse song than ours, and Wogan was as good as usual (especially the Abbot and Costello reference at the end).

That silly woman in the pink dress was very very very annoying though, and not in the least bit amusing.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 02:37 AM   #24
sun city girl
the end of the ugly

sun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
That silly woman in the pink dress was very very very annoying though, and not in the least bit amusing.
yeah, i don't know how well the foreigners got it, she's a very famous finnish comedian, but even most finnish people are nowadays tired of her manners... she seems to be in almost all programs here.

but did you like santa claus? he's the most famous finn in the world, even if some people don't realise he's from finland...

i think georgia was best, great song, nice performance, sounded a lot like björk.
sun city girl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 04:41 AM   #25
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun city girl

i think georgia was best, great song, nice performance, sounded a lot like björk.

Sounded a bit too much like Madonna's version of 'Ray of Light' for my taste, probably one of the best 'proper' songs tho, along with Bulgaria.

Old 05.14.2007, 05:12 AM   #26
sun city girl
the end of the ugly

sun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
Sounded a bit too much like Madonna's version of 'Ray of Light' for my taste, probably one of the best 'proper' songs tho, along with Bulgaria.
madonna's version? i thought that was an original madonna song. but whatever, bulgaria was another fave too.
sun city girl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 06:28 AM   #27
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
madonna's version? i thought that was an original madonna song. but whatever, bulgaria was another fave too.

Oh no. It was originally called "Sepheryn" and was released in 1971 on the eponymously titled album 'Curtiss Muldoon'.
Madonna and William Orbit gave it a bit of an extreme makeover.

Old 05.14.2007, 06:38 AM   #28
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
I know that it's not even worth mentioning, but I saw the highlights on the news this morning.
Where do they get these twats! What a load of hogwash!

You?

some people are just born that way i guess. poor unfortunates.

israel are in the EUROvision song contest.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 06:15 PM   #29
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yeah, i don't know how well the foreigners got it, she's a very famous finnish comedian, but even most finnish people are nowadays tired of her manners... she seems to be in almost all programs here.

but did you like santa claus? he's the most famous finn in the world, even if some people don't realise he's from finland...

Santa was splendid.

My top three was Romania, Georgia and Bugaria.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth