Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Back from the second hand store.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.19.2006, 03:17 PM   #21
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
Nooooooo, you should come!!!!, we can spend hours discussing sonic youth, in person, imagine that!
I couldn't do that to you, it would ruin your street cred. People would just think how kind you are taking the poor old man to the concert.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 03:29 PM   #22
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I couldn't do that to you, it would ruin your street cred. People would just think how kind you are taking the poor old man to the concert.

i dont have any street cred, likeing sonic youth is unbelievebly unkool in this part of the world. although if i was to wear a sonic youth shirt but had no idea who they were, then i'd have street cred.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 10:37 PM   #23
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
You know what's a good album?

Too bad it didn't really take off, because it's really good, better to me than lots of Bob's solo albums. It's a pretty heavily layered album with lots of cool sounds.
I saw Grant play at taste of minnesota a couple years ago, and it was sad. The Knack were playing loud about a block away and he's playing on this small stage by himself with a small crowd trying to compete with their volume.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 10:49 PM   #24
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
How is the Mark Lanegan Band album? Is it good? It seems interesting. I think I have heard some stuff on myspace and liked it.
Amaranth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 03:37 AM   #25
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
You know what's a good album?

Too bad it didn't really take off, because it's really good, better to me than lots of Bob's solo albums. It's a pretty heavily layered album with lots of cool sounds.
I saw Grant play at taste of minnesota a couple years ago, and it was sad. The Knack were playing loud about a block away and he's playing on this small stage by himself with a small crowd trying to compete with their volume.
That's the one i haven't got.Can you up it?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 08:55 AM   #26
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
That's the one i haven't got.Can you up it?
Go buy it, cheapskate.

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 08:56 AM   #27
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookid
Go buy it, cheapskate.
Faaackkk aaaffff!

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 09:01 AM   #28
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Faaackkk aaaffff!

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 08:43 AM   #29
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
How is the Mark Lanegan Band album? Is it good? It seems interesting. I think I have heard some stuff on myspace and liked it.

It's awsome, I would call it updated white man blues. Check out the song wedding dress, one of the best songs on this really strong album. It kinda sounds like something Tom Waits would have done (around the Rain Dogs era). Smashing record, I'm positive that you'll love it. It's well worth the money.
DemonBox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 11:35 AM   #30
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
i dont have any street cred, likeing sonic youth is unbelievebly unkool in this part of the world. although if i was to wear a sonic youth shirt but had no idea who they were, then i'd have street cred.

Hah. You know, I thought about doing that the last time I walked by Hot Topic. Thought about going in and buying some Ts of bands I've never gotten into, like Rancid or something new and teeny-boppish like System of a Down. I think it would kind of amusing to answer "So you like Rancid?" with "No, I have no idea who they are, actually. I like their shirts, though."
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 11:36 AM   #31
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I want a No Neck Blues Band shirt. Maybe I'll screen one of my own. The old codgers I hang with would be all, "Oh, Gary, so you're into the blues stuff now," and I'd get to tell them NNCK sounds nothing like any blues band they've ever heard. Yeah. That would be cool.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth