Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.13.2014, 07:26 PM   #5341
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I don't think all the scores are totaled yet so Bertrand could still get second. Mike Obiku's out of sight though.

shit! i think you beat him by a mere 3 points.

in the end i closed a little bit my distance to you one percenters (ha ha), but i couldn't overcome the triple fiasco of of a slow-starting argentina, a stingy belgium, and a failed italy that yielded very few points-- stuck with them for 3 rounds!!! i banked my hopes on the wrong teams.

ayway so obiku wins a car and we'll see him again for the euros or what??

isn't he gonna come here and gloat? he should.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2014, 07:52 PM   #5342
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
thank you jogi for winning the word cup, i just pretended ppl were happy for my birthday
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2014, 08:00 PM   #5343
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
After everything that's happened with German football this past few years, it does feel right that they finally won it with this crop of players. During the game I always wanted Argentina to win but it would've felt slightly hollow if they'd won the tournament itself.

And more importantly, congratulations to Mike Obiku for thrashing all comers in the FF!

Agreed, after 2006 and 2010 this win felt inevitable, I pegged Germany to win it all back in May and I'm pleasantly surprised to see them pull it off. It just felt like they were building the momentum over the past few years to really pull off something big, and I'm glad they did it and with style. All things considering, the 4-0 beat down of Portugal, the 7-1 OBLITERATION of Brazil IN Brazil, and a 18-4 overall goal differential, I dare say this may have been the BEST World Cup team EVER. That is not hyperbole, it feels like a legitimate proclamation.

I had Germany-Netherlands for my Final and Brazil-Argentina as my Third Place match so I'm actually pretty happy to be .500 in my predictions for the Semis.. I really thought the Dutch could make the Final, but I still thought Germany would beat them inevitably. Great World Cup, I had SOOOOOO MUUUUUCH FUUUUUUUN this past month, possibly the most I've had in any international summer tournament in my life!

That was one of the the best goals in the entire Cup, well worth that 113 minute wait.. While it wasn't a scoring match, I liked this better than 2010..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2014, 08:21 PM   #5344
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
This match was way better than 2010. A really honest and hard thought game.

Great goal to win it

I think Sabella made some mistakes with his substitutions though which affected Argentina pretty adversely.

Lavezzi went off too early and offer more width than Aguero.

Palacio was terrible and is no target man. Despite playing pretty poorly at least Higuain holds the ball up and brings players like messi and perez into the game.

And surely a half fit Di Maria would have been better than Gago.

Anyway great tournament. So many highlights. Props especially to Algeria donating their prize money to the poor of gaza.
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2014, 08:42 PM   #5345
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

I mean, I get it, but I don't. Messi, at least wait until AFTER the game to look so ungrateful and upset. Seriously. Like a BILLION people just watched you make that, "Did I just smell a fart face."

Also, why the fuck did Messi NOT give any high-fives to all those fans when Argentina was walking up to the podium? That was totally classless. Fuck Argentina and their cocky asses, always act like their shit don't stink meanwhile ain't won the Cup in a generation and probably won't win the next one either

Old 07.14.2014, 12:05 AM   #5346
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

I mean, I get it, but I don't. Messi, at least wait until AFTER the game to look so ungrateful and upset. Seriously. Like a BILLION people just watched you make that, "Did I just smell a fart face."

Also, why the fuck did Messi NOT give any high-fives to all those fans when Argentina was walking up to the podium? That was totally classless. Fuck Argentina and their cocky asses, always act like their shit don't stink meanwhile ain't won the Cup in a generation and probably won't win the next one either

messi is not cocky at all. he's pretty reserved though. if anything, i saw a grown man trying not to break into tears in front of a billion people. right before he went up i saw his face twich a little but he got a hold of himself.
Old 07.14.2014, 12:12 AM   #5347
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
messi is not cocky at all. he's pretty reserved though. if anything, i saw a grown man trying not to break into tears in front of a billion people. right before he went up i saw his face twich a little but he got a hold of himself.
I agree that he is usually quite reserved but for him, indeed the whole ream to diss a line of high fives and spend twenty standing around arms crossed and sulking like teenagers? I didnt like it. Honestly.would have been better off crying, most of the argentina fans in the crowd did. I know its in part because they.won, but notice how the entire german team went out of their way to high five every nearby outstretched hand in the crowd

Old 07.14.2014, 12:12 AM   #5348
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pad_023
This match was way better than 2010. A really honest and hard thought game.

Great goal to win it

I think Sabella made some mistakes with his substitutions though which affected Argentina pretty adversely.

Lavezzi went off too early and offer more width than Aguero.

Palacio was terrible and is no target man. Despite playing pretty poorly at least Higuain holds the ball up and brings players like messi and perez into the game.

And surely a half fit Di Maria would have been better than Gago.

Anyway great tournament. So many highlights. Props especially to Algeria donating their prize money to the poor of gaza.

yesss! after agüero came in for lavezzi, i was wondering-- what the fuck for?!?! he made it worse. useless sub.

not sure about dimaria as i thought he was pretty crippled. i heard something about him getting treated with… stem cells. true or bullshit? anyway, same could have been said of khedira btw-- poor kramer was atrocious… maybe because of the head bang or maybe just because he was raw and under too much pressure. that was a bad start.

gotze's goal was so beautiful though. fooled romero into going towards the opposite side. simply gorgeous-- worthy of a final

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
thank you jogi for winning the word cup, i just pretended ppl were happy for my birthday

ha ha ha-- when is your barfday?
Old 07.14.2014, 12:15 AM   #5349
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Agreed. Goetze goal was definitely one of the most beautiful of the cup and not just because of what was on the line.

Old 07.14.2014, 12:17 AM   #5350
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I agree that he is usually quite reserved but for him, indeed the whole ream to diss a line of high fives and spend twenty standing around arms crossed and sulking like teenagers? I didnt like it. Honestly.would have been better off crying, most of the argentina fans in the crowd did. I know its in part because they.won, but notice how the entire german team went out of their way to high five every nearby outstretched hand in the crowd

shit man, germany just had won. didn't you see neuer skip the hand and give angela merkel an enormous hug?

crying like david luiz just doesn't go with argentinian machismo. the fans were drunk and can let loose i suppose, but the players were sober. they thought they had a chance and looked devastated.
Old 07.14.2014, 12:30 AM   #5351
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

The picture of german team drinking beers with blatter.and merkel in the locker room is pricelesss! Look, with argentina I get it, totally, but I just dont like it. They new the risk of losing, seems they shouldve made the best.of the situation and be good sports about the loss in the immediate moment. There was.still business to takke care of, and there were fans to support, leave sulking mourning for thr locker room

Old 07.14.2014, 02:10 AM   #5352
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Considering Argentina's default setting when they lose is to beat up any official or opposing player in range, I thought Messi et al were on their best behaviour last night. I imagine the ref was just relieved it never went to penalties. (Click to 6 mins).
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2014, 07:45 AM   #5353
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

In Messi's case I think part of what looked like sulkiness may just have been embarrassment - not just at losing the final but because he won the golden ball for best player in the tournament, when he obviously knew as well as anyone that he hadn't played that well.
Old 07.14.2014, 07:51 AM   #5354
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
In Messi's case I think part of what looked like sulkiness may just have been embarrassment - not just at losing the final but because he won the golden ball for best player in the tournament, when he obviously knew as well as anyone that he hadn't played that well.

This. I was as shocked as everyone else wen he got that. Sure he pretty much got Argentina to the, but there have been more players who have been consistently great.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2014, 08:06 AM   #5355
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I'd have given it to Neuer but no way would Fifa ever let a goalie win it.
Old 07.14.2014, 08:29 AM   #5356
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

YES. Neuer totally.

If someone in Argentina deserved an award it was Mascherano.

Messi's choice was bizarre. Robben had a better world cup-- why didn't he get it? So did James in spite of his limited stay. But Neuer really was consistently fantastic throughout.

--

ps zonal marking piece on the final is up. nothing that will surprise anyone i think but probably just the best summary you can read anywhere.
Old 07.14.2014, 08:29 AM   #5357
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I can't believe Goatse scored a goal
Old 07.14.2014, 09:26 AM   #5358
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

If someone in Argentina deserved an award it was Mascherano.

The award was sponsored by Adidas

Quote:
ps zonal marking piece on the final is up. nothing that will surprise anyone i think but probably just the best summary you can read anywhere.

I haven't been agreeing with all his analyses this WC; he's written off too many games as boring that I really enjoyed. He seems spot on there though.
Old 07.14.2014, 10:28 AM   #5359
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'd have given it to Neuer but no way would Fifa ever let a goalie win it.

They did with Khan.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2014, 10:43 AM   #5360
demonrail666
invito al cielo

well that's my argument in shreds than
218258265266267 268 269270271278318368 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth