Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page AMSTERDAM
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.28.2006, 09:24 AM   #1
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
been a complete greener for about 10 years now, i am embarking on my very first trip to Amsterdam this weekend, Has anyone ever been? any recommended coffeeshops for me?
Old 03.28.2006, 09:58 AM   #2
Kannibal
children of satan

Kannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's asses
drugs are bad, m'kay.
Kannibal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 10:38 AM   #3
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
heh.. i went there two years ago with some friends to catch an SY show and just generally chill for a few days... on the first day, first coffee shop, my friend smoked a huge joint and collapsed face first onto the pavement, chipping his tooth... we had to give him sugar pills and near enough carry him to the apartment... he wasn't 100% for the rest of the holiday and hardly smoked or drank at all... me, i was blazing up everyday...
i remember me and my friends standing in the paradiso with a cigarette packet full of joints... watching sonic youth make some demonic noise... thurston climbing up the balcony... seeing Lee in the audience during Afri rampo... the endless version of Expressway.... good times...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 04:08 PM   #4
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
keep away from the bulldog coffee shops, they were full of tourist thuggy types when i went. I'd recommend...

rookies : one of the few i was in that sold beer as well as dope, it had good quality weed and pool tables

the grey area : run by american guys with their own unique strains of weed, the greyberry was good, they were also playing deerhoof and sonic youth when i was there. very small though

mellow yellow : further out that the others but definately the friendliest i was in, the owner sat at the table with me and my girlfriend for a while chatting, good mix of floyd, hendrix and pysch. they have pinball tables and good munchies

dampkrieg : seemed quite cool but quite strict, they asked us for id even though we were 20 at the time. It's popular cus they filmed a bit of oceans 12 there

other things : vondel park is great if it's sunny, good place for a smoke too

ajax's ground, the amsterdam arena for good football (need a tram to get there though)

the cobra museum (again a tramride away) for fantastic art

gigs at the paradiso

theres a tour round the heineken brewery and the liedsplein is good if you're stoned and want to gawp at firethrowers/breakdancers/magicians
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 04:12 PM   #5
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Check out the Van Gogh museum.
Old 03.28.2006, 06:39 PM   #6
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
thank god you didn't go last week. you would've ended up between all the hippies in this tourist trap:
http://www.jaminthedam.com/
they're coming from all over the world... it's both ridiculous and somehow fascinating.

try if you can spot one of the new signs. there are now a couple of places that have one of these:

(they get stolen a lot as souvenirs though)
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth