Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page J'Accuse Ted Hughes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.16.2006, 05:54 AM   #1
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
just watching the badongo video of Sonic Youth performing at ATP 2000. I remember watching this same video at the time of the event on a crappy dial-up connection.. heh..
really cool "dronefuck" piece which caused much distress to the "Guiness swilling" english rock rock journo types... it's weird, the line-up for that ATP seemed a lot more mainstream.. so what do sonic youth do? proceed to bust out some of their most abrasive SYR style scree...
then at ATP 04, alongside acts like wolf eyes, double leopards, and black dice, sonic youth go for a standard set of songs.. quite a few people i spoke to at that event were disappointed by sy's performance..
so anyway, the piece J'Accuse Ted Hughes was actually supposed to be SYR6.. anyone know if there are any plans to release it in any form? or maybe the band feels too much time has elapsed and they have progressed beyond that territory.. also, what happened to the collaboration with that French chick that was going to be SYR6 at some point? I heard it got shelved due to legal issues with the woman's label (what the hell is her name again!?)
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 05:59 AM   #2
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
You must be thinking of Brigitte Fontaine. I wish that stuff would come out but it's been so long who knows if it ever will.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 10:26 AM   #3
golden blue
empty page

golden blue has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
good question....i really wanna know too....maybe mr chabib could find out and let us all know about either release....wink, nudge......
Old 04.19.2006, 11:53 AM   #4
Kannibal
children of satan

Kannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's asses
yes, very interested to hear quality version of it...
Kannibal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 12:47 PM   #5
pao-lino
bad moon rising

pao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
You must be thinking of Brigitte Fontaine. I wish that stuff would come out but it's been so long who knows if it ever will.

yeah that's right... wasn't that show at the centre pompidou supposed to be the syr6?
that stuff's great, should be really released.
j'accuse ted hughes... I remember listening to it here on the site... but I might be wrong.
pao-lino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 01:43 PM   #6
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
just watching the badongo video of Sonic Youth performing at ATP 2000. I remember watching this same video at the time of the event on a crappy dial-up connection.. heh..
really cool "dronefuck" piece which caused much distress to the "Guiness swilling" english rock rock journo types... it's weird, the line-up for that ATP seemed a lot more mainstream.. so what do sonic youth do? proceed to bust out some of their most abrasive SYR style scree...
then at ATP 04, alongside acts like wolf eyes, double leopards, and black dice, sonic youth go for a standard set of songs.. quite a few people i spoke to at that event were disappointed by sy's performance..
so anyway, the piece J'Accuse Ted Hughes was actually supposed to be SYR6.. anyone know if there are any plans to release it in any form? or maybe the band feels too much time has elapsed and they have progressed beyond that territory.. also, what happened to the collaboration with that French chick that was going to be SYR6 at some point? I heard it got shelved due to legal issues with the woman's label (what the hell is her name again!?)

Badongo video? Do you got a link to it?

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 05:14 PM   #7
franck.j
empty page

franck.j is a splendid one to beholdfranck.j is a splendid one to beholdfranck.j is a splendid one to beholdfranck.j is a splendid one to beholdfranck.j is a splendid one to beholdfranck.j is a splendid one to beholdfranck.j is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
Badongo video? Do you got a link to it?
Check that post.
Souvenirs...
franck.j is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2006, 12:08 PM   #8
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth