Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Masterpiece Versus Masterpiece.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2006, 04:25 AM   #1
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
I know that every SY album is a masterpiece in its own sense but the two that critics acclaim as their righteous masterpieces are Sister and Daydream Nation. In that case which do you think is better than the other? Reasons? Song examples? Disagree on masterpieces?

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 04:26 AM   #2
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
Daydream is the one I like more, but it's hard to say subjectively since daydream was the album that introduced me to sonic youth, so it's kind of special in that way.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 04:29 AM   #3
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Style
Daydream is the one I like more, but it's hard to say subjectively since daydream was the album that introduced me to sonic youth, so it's kind of special in that way.

Same for me.

Old 07.09.2006, 04:37 AM   #4
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Sister is my favorite sy album.

Catholic Block and White Kross were the first sy songs I heard and they fucked me up for life I guess.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 09:45 AM   #5
swimsuitissue
little trouble girl

swimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Style
Me too! All hail Daydream Nation!
11/19/88 Hollywood, CA; 08/017/90 Hollywood, CA; 09/26/92 Castaic Lake, CA; 07/23/00 Los Angeles, CA; 07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/28/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/20/07 Los Angeles, CA

Television: chewing gum for the eyes. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
swimsuitissue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 11:40 AM   #6
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Sister is the favorite over DDN for me as well.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 03:55 PM   #7
paco
empty page

paco ain't too shabby
Sister and DDN are my least favorite SY albums.
paco is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 04:03 PM   #8
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco
Sister and DDN are my least favorite SY albums.

I've never heard that before............not saying it's a bad thing.

Old 07.09.2006, 05:25 PM   #9
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

AbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really nice
Yeah, I got Sister right after I got Bad Moon, I've never liked it much, then a year later I got Dirty and then Screaming Fields and THEN DDN, I just can't really get into Sister, I don't really like the lyrics and the production irks me. DDN is the shit.
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 05:33 PM   #10
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
It has to be Sister for me... not that I think that Daydream is bad... but Sister has Catholic Block, Pacific Coast Highway, White Kross, Pipeline/kill Time and Beauty Lies In The Eye... I mean, what more could you ask for?... probably Schizophrenia, Stereo Sanctity, Tuff Gnarl, Hotwire My Heart and Kotton Krown... well they're on there too.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth