Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page April Flowers May Bring Powers: Three New Releases on DNT‏‏
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.13.2009, 02:54 PM   #1
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
Hello again, world!
DNT has successfully left the dusty desert and relocated to the beautiful San Francisco. It is half a year delayed, but we are proud to announce the DNT Three Year Anniversary Compilation "Psyched Punch" double cassette, Sean Mccann's debut full length cassette, "Phylum Sighs" C57 and a split LP between Steve Gunn & Shawn McMillon. Visit the website for paypal buttons and more info.

Also, there is a new publication out there called Electric Annihilation (http://www.electricannihilation.tk) featuring interviews from Thurston Moore, John Olson, Emeralds, Wet Hair, Sun Araw and more. Visit the website for more details/photos.

Stores/distros, get in touch for wholesale rates!!

Best,
Tynan
http://www.dntrecords.com

DNT051 - Sean McCann "Phylum Sigh" full-length cassette $6ppd US/Canada $12ppd International
Time to dust off that bong you have stored on the top shelf for special times..or whatever. Here's the debut full-length cassette by Sean McCann from San Francisco-by-way-of-Goleta. Meticulously recorded through out 2008, this album was crafted to numb minds and spin souls through use of euphoric strings and bending keyboard plains. Sean's most focused work to date. Hands down his best release yet, and that's saying a lot! Edition of 150 pro-dubbed baby blue cassettes in a plastic case with full-color wrap-around artwork. Look for SM's first LP on DNT later this year.

DNT050 - "Psyched Punch" 2XC60 $8.50/$14 ppd US/Canada/World
Has it really been three years now? Are you suuuure? And this the fiftieth release? Since many people are late to the game, we're doing this right. The first three sides of this release collect bits and pieces of some long out of print DNT releases. Missed the first DNT release? Well now you can hear Robedoor, Forbici, and others. Fell asleep the week the Warmth/Yellow Swans 7" came out? No problem! Also included are Mudboy, Nomen Dubium, Acre, Dead/Bird, German, Jazzfinger and Quilts. The fourth side is new music by the likes of Blank Realm, Super Minerals, Plankton Wat and Birdcatcher. Hand-numbered edition of 100 with full-color artwork By Dewey Mahood. Pro-dubbed C60s with sparkly glitter art.

DNT046 - Steve Gunn/Shawn Mcmillon "End of the City" split LP $12ppd US/Canada (email for international)
This record showcases two very talented musicians in their prime. Steve's side clearly displays his guitar wizardry, while remaining honest and heartfelt. After several years with GHQ, Steve has sharpened his skills and it really shows. If you've had the pleasure of seeing him perform live, you know exactly what I mean. Shawn's recent collaborations with Warmer Milks seep through on his side of the album. Bleaker and darker than Steve's side, Shawn tells his tale through guitar, piano, synth and tape manipulation. It's completely engrossing. With it's many crooked bends and turns, it will lead you to a sort of discomforting fulfillment that gets more intense with each listen. Edition of 500 on black vinyl in a pro-printed jacket with full color artwork by Mary Kidd. Co-released with Abandon Ship & Abaddon.
dntrecords is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2009, 02:47 AM   #2
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
^^^
Old 04.15.2009, 12:25 PM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i love jazzfinger.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2009, 02:39 PM   #4
dntrecords
children of satan

yeah it's for the three newest ones. the family underground 12" is technically out of print, it was gone for about 8 months but then I had a small box returned from my distributer so it's back in stock..but there are only three copies left, so I can't include it in the deal.

and about that jazzfinger album, I'm not sure what the deal with it is. if I knew I'd tell you!
Old 04.22.2009, 04:28 PM   #5
dntrecords
children of satan

last call for Psyched Punch, it'll be sold out later today. and about 40 mccann tapes left, 15 steve gunn/shawn mcmillen lps
Old 04.22.2009, 05:55 PM   #6
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
What?!? No 8-track?
How about mini-disc?
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 08:08 PM   #7
dntrecords
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
What?!? No 8-track?
How about mini-disc?

I don't understand what you're trying to do. are you making fun of me for releasing cassettes and vinyl?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth