Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bitch about things you are pissed off about II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.21.2020, 06:38 PM   #2941
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Mum's taken the cat to the vet. I'm not hopeful
damn. this belongs in the downer thread rather than the rager.

however-- cats have 9 lives! mine survived MANY close encounters with death. eventually he died but it took him FOREVER.

hang in there kitty.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2020, 06:48 PM   #2942
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
He's almost as old as I am (we got him for my first birthday, and I'm 18 next month). He's always been a neurotic overgroomer (lol), but he's losing hair and weight fast, and his skin is scabby.

Trying to make peace with it.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2020, 07:09 PM   #2943
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ah, shit

i wanted to write something in reply and failed

ok, yes. but look: he was well loved, you gave him a good life, and cared for him till the end.

since nothing lasts forever, that's as good as it gets on this planet. so maybe take comfort in that as you say goodbye.

all the best from his faraway cousins.
Old 01.21.2020, 08:49 PM   #2944
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
The vet gave him some antibiotics and he's home, but probably not for long.

Good cat.
Old 01.21.2020, 09:51 PM   #2945
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

lol, he’ll live another 5 years and kill a dingo
Old 01.24.2020, 10:07 PM   #2946
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

I hate this fucking job. People are basically locusts for the shopping carts. It never fucking ends.
Old 01.24.2020, 11:59 PM   #2947
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I hate this fucking job. People are basically locusts for the shopping carts. It never fucking ends.
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

i won’t lie—i love to say “toldja”

you need to start finding work near what you want to do. yes, even at this early age—the more you do something, the more you do it, the more you do it, etc.

go find the math. you’re good at it and pays well. even if it’s cashier, where you can remember numbers and price codes and sort out change and close out your register. then you can get experience and move up the ladder. competence = flow = happiness.

if you want to be well-rounded, get physical, whatever—do it through a hobby where errors and frustrations don’t interfere with your bread and butter. play a sport, take dance lessons, give action painting a shot. whatever really. but it pays to work in something that suits you.

get good at something interesting early.

best wishes,

—uncle !@#$%!
Old 01.25.2020, 12:19 AM   #2948
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps- see if this piques your interest

https://www.calnewport.com/blog/2010...ing-your-life/

eta

maybe this is more specific: https://www.calnewport.com/blog/2008...coming-famous/
(not that you have to want to become “famous”, but it’s about focus)
Old 01.25.2020, 05:23 AM   #2949
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
He nags like an old man, but sometimes he's right

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2020, 09:50 AM   #2950
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry bout your cat, Claire! I lost my Audrey about a year ago and still miss that feisty tortie.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2020, 08:30 PM   #2951
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

lol @ h8kurdt.

@ilduclo: he's still around, just getting hair all over my bedroom

---

In other news to bitch about work: got sunburnt like a motherfucker yesterday.
Old 01.25.2020, 09:01 PM   #2952
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
He nags like an old man, but sometimes he's right
yep, especially on this one hahahah

and this for claire:

you learn skills at work. at the university you take classes, and the only skills you learn are academic ones.

the question to ask of every job is—what new and/or superior skills am i acquiring here?

way long before bill gates dropped out of harvard to start microsoft, he had spent more time coding at a computer than most of his professors.

when did he start coding? when he was 15...

now, not everyone has to become bill gates, that world is not just possible, but ideally you’re doing at 16 what you want to do the rest of your life.

i don’t think that’s pushing carts around a parking lot? think of jobs like internships. working just “for the money” is a dead end, and will scatter you/make you bitter in the end. you want to/need to learn something that interests you.

oh, don’t ask me how i know this

Old 01.26.2020, 12:16 AM   #2953
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
just deleted facebook, twitter, and discord from my phone (and the last one from my laptop). i'm waaaaay too dependant on all of them, so i figured it best to cut it off before it spread even more (although I already got in trouble today for getting my phone in the morning, when I wasn't meant to.)
After doing this for a week and a half, I've learned one thing: the place that I got the most out of them was at work, ironically. My job is boring at the best of times, but I can't even slack off effectively (there's not enough to do most of the time on Sunday night).

Symbols - just shut up. I know.
Old 01.26.2020, 12:39 AM   #2954
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
After doing this for a week and a half, I've learned one thing: the place that I got the most out of them was at work, ironically. My job is boring at the best of times, but I can't even slack off effectively (there's not enough to do most of the time on Sunday night).

Symbols - just shut up. I know.
lolololololololololol

OKAY
Old 01.26.2020, 01:06 AM   #2955
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Ooh, Igby photo
Old 01.26.2020, 08:11 AM   #2956
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Ooh, Igby photo
“I believe, umm, that certain people in life are meant to fall by the wayside; to serve as warnings to the rest of us; signposts along the way.”

eta:
https://youtu.be/H3nfBuwzxGI

lmfao
Old 02.14.2020, 05:25 PM   #2957
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
sheeeee-it. We adopted 2 new shelter cats. One is doing great, her name's Bee and she's a player and just beautiful. The other one, Sid (el Cid) is not doing well, we got a bunch of testing done and are waiting for the last one to come in, all of the simple fixable issues are negative, but the last test is for FIP, feline infectious perionitis, which is fatal. Not a lot of other things it can be, so if we find that's positive, it's the fucking hot shot
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2020, 07:02 PM   #2958
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

School photo day today fucking sucked. Two periods and recess getting shoveled about for unrepresentative photos of us, and just reminding me of whatever dislike I have for myself.

And it's gonna get even worse. Friday's a boat race assembly. So the entire school is being marched into the gym to watch the principal wank himself into a fervour over cunts who make a boat go fast.
Old 02.18.2020, 09:30 PM   #2959
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i used to enjoy making a boat go fast, and would today if i could. that was some fun shit.

of course school pep rallys or whatever the fuck you’re doing are a minor horror.

how did the ditching go, and will you repeat?
Old 02.18.2020, 09:39 PM   #2960
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

I mean, I'm sure that the rowing is cool. However, the guys who do it are total dickheads.

I didn't end up ditching swimming in the end - I chickened out and went to join the line for the bus. Then, once I was there, I semi-seriously attempted to jump the fence and ended up cutting my hand (which you may have heard about). I might work up the motivation ahead of the athletics day.
98138145146147 148 149150 >
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth