Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.09.2017, 04:16 PM   #8781
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
nosy! so nosy! ha ha ha

i write and produce media— mostly video & animations these days though i used to do other stuff (web, print, etc)

and im a freelancer so i have... freedom! and... more freedom i guess! not a lot of money or security in tha tha ha ha. but i do enjoy slacking at will. slack is important for me.

so don’t make a lot of dough— but i manage it well (personal finance used to be a side gig of mine, then i got bored with it once i learned what i wanted)

past couple of years (or 4?) i’ve been doing it part-time with only select clients, while experimenting with farming/ranching/permaculture and other nonsense. which has been educational and all kinds of fun.

but lately things have changed in a way that clarifies some things— so i’m looking into a return to full-time production work and other related ventures. and we might move back to an urban area.

still freelancer and still trying to maximize slack— but the setting up of such systems takes time and effort. then set-it-and-forget-it, sorta, maybe. hmmmm...

but yeah.. that’s what i “do”.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2017, 06:17 AM   #8782
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and yes those were the other names! pardew, redknapp— yes.

i’m glad to see debruyne is doing well, i was a big fan of his during his bundesliga years, while you guys only had bad memories of his chelsea days

im not glad for pep, he’s more interesting when he suffers— but i read this morning (old news) that the man city payroll had gone up 25% under him. so— it’d better work.

not suprised that liverpool’s defence is floundering— it’s kloppo after all! same trajectory as in dortmund. o well. it’s nietzsche’s eternal return.

I don't really have any memories of DeBruyne at Chelsea as he hardly played. I never followed him in Germany either so, tbh, my real introduction to him was at Man City. Either way he's on fire there now and Pep seems to have found a system where him and other key players can now really shine. That clip H8kurdt linked is what they're doing to teams time and time again this season. Plus Pep seems to have tightened things up at the back too.

As for Klopp, talk at the moment is about how (shock horror) he appears to have made a tactical change (!!!) - from a possession based 4-3-3 to what's being described as a more counterattacking 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 hybrid. We've yet to see how successful it is (especially in terms of bolstering the defence) or if he even sticks with it, but it does at least show he's not completely stuck in his ways.

In other news, Hope Solo has accused Sep Blatter of squeezing her bum at some award ceremony. It's being described as a sexual assault. I'm not sure about that but it does look like the fallout post-Weinstein is just gonna build and build.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2017, 05:47 PM   #8783
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
blatter! lol i would expect no less from the sleazebag but is he still a presence? wasn’t he already confined to oblivion?
Old 11.13.2017, 06:34 PM   #8784
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

holy ass i just heard news that italy is out of the next world cup? what the fuck?

and here the obligatory retro-emojis to go with it:

ps this ancient forum software limits to “4 images in your message” lol (i had 5)
Old 11.13.2017, 06:37 PM   #8785
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
holy ass i just heard news that italy is out of the next world cup? what the fuck?

Indeed. First time since 1958. LOOOO-SAHS!

ETA: Go New Zealand!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2017, 06:58 PM   #8786
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Indeed. First time since 1958. LOOOO-SAHS!

ETA: Go New Zealand!

¡mira cómo eres roteque vendido y envidioso!

qué vergüenza...
Old 11.13.2017, 07:10 PM   #8787
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, just soupin', man, just soupin'. It's clear that in terms of enjoyable fútbol, it's better to have the Peruvian team in Russia than the New Zealanders. And fuck Chile anyways — they became arrogant drunken douchebags and any team that arrives at the very last game of the qualifiers with the necessity to BEAT BRAZIL IN BRAZIL (!) doesn't deserve a World Cup spot.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2017, 07:29 PM   #8788
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Ah, just soupin', man, just soupin'. It's clear that in terms of enjoyable fútbol, it's better to have the Peruvian team in Russia than the New Zealanders. And fuck Chile anyways — they became arrogant drunken douchebags and any team that arrives at the very last game of the qualifiers with the necessity to BEAT BRAZIL IN BRAZIL (!) doesn't deserve a World Cup spot.
i think *any* south american team deserves a spot over any oceania or asia team for the most part.

the way confederations get spots and fifa has sorted this does not reward whoever plays best.

okay maybe bolivia isn’t better than every team from oceania but even ecuador or paraguay (ok i havent seen paraguay in a while...) should be there before whatever nonsense other continents are fielding.

conmebol is the toughest damn qualifier on the planet. and i’m of the school that whoever beats me best be champion. we gotta cheer for brazil now, hell yeah. or whoever has the best chance at beating europa.

sad for italy though— a legend— what the fuck happened?
Old 11.13.2017, 07:36 PM   #8789
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i mean, look at this man.

it’s like the death of achilles for fuck’s sake

fucking heartbreaking
Old 11.13.2017, 07:45 PM   #8790
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ribéry on buffon

https://mobile.twitter.com/FranckRib...02030001524738
Old 11.14.2017, 04:22 AM   #8791
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Never mind Buffon, it's gonna be hard imagining a WC without Italy.
Old 11.14.2017, 04:56 PM   #8792
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Never mind Buffon, it's gonna be hard imagining a WC without Italy.
i mean his words for gigi. to me respect is greater when given by an adversary than by an ally.

and it’s supersad to see him go like this. still not diminished in my eyes.

but yeah, wtf world cup will this be?

im curious about how this happened.
Old 11.15.2017, 04:22 AM   #8793
demonrail666
invito al cielo

No Holland either, but Italy are the big shock. I never watched their qualifiers but reports are saying Ventura kept playing people out of position, as well as issues with basic team selection and changes in formation mid campaign. The usual stuff really. Also, they're probably really missing Pirlo. What team wouldn't? Either way, for me Brazil, Germany and Italy are the great World Cup teams, so one of them not being there will certainly feel weird.
Old 11.18.2017, 07:54 AM   #8794
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yes. funny thing argentina almost lost it too. they may not have brazil’s record but they’re the other south american powerhouse and always a contender for the title. and they only qualified i believe in the final date.

speaking of south america, peru beat new zealand 2-0 on aggregate and so it will be the 5th team from those parts.

another anomaly as you know is the usa is out. not a great team by any means but people here were so accustomed to going in recent times it’s been a humbling lesson.
Old 11.18.2017, 08:05 AM   #8795
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

great article on the structural problems of us sokkarr

https://www.economist.com/blogs/game...-united-states
Old 11.20.2017, 04:55 AM   #8796
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Jeez, Moyes has one game and already the fans are on his back. I actually don't get the ridiculously over the top comments from people saying he's a terrible manager. You could have got any manager in that Sunderland said and it would have gotten relegated. The rot had long been festering in that team.
I dunno, maybe I'm biased as an Everton fan. But I don't forget the amount of times he managed to eek out a decent squad from pretty much nothing.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2017, 07:51 AM   #8797
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Maybe some idiots on social media are taking swipes at Moyes but I can guarantee the vast majority yesterday were aiming their anger at the owners (Sullivan and Brady in particular) and players like Andy Carroll. But it's mainly the board. You really have to know what they've done to the club since taking over to appreciate the level of hatred towards them. At worst, Moyes is getting some flack just because he represents our owners' doing their usual thing of talking big ideas in public then going for the cheapest option they can manage. Moyes was willing to take the job at £10k a week, a fraction of what all the other candidates wanted. Surprise-surprise we get Moyes.

You look into the dealings of West Ham's owners and you really are looking into a football-shaped abyss.
Old 11.20.2017, 11:58 AM   #8798
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I understand that. I remember there was a bbc documentary about them last year, or was it the year before?! Just highlighting how many morons are running West Ham. Problem is if you've wanna-be del boys running a club shit's gonna hit the fan. But hey, t least you don't have the Oyston family running your team. I hate Blackpool and all the six fingered wankers from it, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone

Reckon you'll scrape relegation?

Old 11.20.2017, 04:30 PM   #8799
demonrail666
invito al cielo

It's in the balance. Right now I'd say only Swansea look worse than us. I'm trying to be positive though. If Moyes can get some belief and organisation back, and sort out the fitness issues, our starting XI does look decent, but he needs to work fast.

What do you think are your chances of getting Silva? He looks quality.
Old 11.21.2017, 12:05 PM   #8800
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Hmm, I dunno. I don't see him coming to Everton tbh. The owners of Watford will look totally ineffectual if they let him go after, what is it? three months? The new odds favourite is LVG which would bring a tear to my eye. From one cold ass, moody dutchman to another.

However, if he does join then he's a lot of work to do. As Moyes does at West Ham.

Anyway, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE NIGHT! Going for the Liverpool game I think. Although the Dortmund/Spurs game could be another good one.

390430437438439 440 441442443450490540 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth