Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.05.2011, 09:23 PM   #4301
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Invisible War always destroys my computer. I've installed that game three times in all the years I've owned it, made it about ten minutes each time before quitting due to just not liking it very much, and then the next day having to reformat my harddrive because it just goes berserk. I'm just glad I don't like it very much, reduced customization, dumbed down dialogue, hard drive killer? No thank you.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2011, 09:58 PM   #4302
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not a PC gamer, so I haven't played the original Deus Ex. But I own, and love Invisible War on the original XBOX. I generally hate FPS titles, but the RPG elements and the concept of being able to truly choose my own destiny in the game is awfully appealing.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2011, 04:58 AM   #4303
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
You should really dig up the original sometime. There's a console port of it on some system, don't know if it's the XBox or PS2 or what. But the RPG elements and diversity of choice is magnified at least 10 fold more than the sequel.

I was immediately turned off from the beginning when it loads up and I see that I can't choose what weapons to specialize in, investing in hacking or lock picking, etc. Though I think Invisible War still has the augmentations though, I seem to recall getting far enough that they talk about that.

Glad you enjoy the sequel though, I wanted to play through it, even though I didn't really like it.

I find myself playing quite alot of this again lately. I took a pretty long break from it a year or two ago, just lost interest halfway through Nightmare. Now I'm playing again I guess as a change of pace from the usual high story driven games I tend to play. Also, there's the anticipation of Diablo III, so that has a part to play I suppose.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2011, 05:41 PM   #4304
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Went to the arcade again on Friday. Actually played some REALLY good players at SSF4. And I hate FADC. Made me feel like a nub. I didn't do THAT bad...but I was still pretty terrible. OH! AND I FINALLY PLAYED AGAINST SOMEONE GOOD AT CAPCOM VS SNK 2. It was so much fun. The took abuot 5 of the 8 games we played. but still....My first time against a good human player....and man that was fun. My team is Iori, Akuma, and Ken.

ANd question for SF4 players. Do any of you know how to FADC(Focus Attack Dash Cancel)?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2011, 08:43 PM   #4305
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
ANd question for SF4 players. Do any of you know how to FADC(Focus Attack Dash Cancel)?

...no. But I'm just an OK SF4 player.
Old 08.08.2011, 09:30 PM   #4306
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses

i love this game. i don't care what anyone says
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2011, 11:38 AM   #4307
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
^ I've heard nothing but awful things, but have never actually played it. Isn't the platforming horrifically sloppy? That's what I hear people bitch about most often.

I've been beasting NeoGeo Battle Coliseum lately. Terry is my main man.

The fact that I can play as Marco from Metal Slug in a fighting game is nothing short of extraordinary to me. Kudos SNK. I'm not exactly sure why this one is dirt cheap everywhere I look (I picked mine up for less than $3, and saw a copy at GameStop yesterday for only $3.99) because it's a fucking blast! Maybe it has something to do with being able to d/l it for your 360, I wouldn't know.... either way - this game is righteous.
Old 08.09.2011, 06:06 PM   #4308
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
^ I've heard nothing but awful things, but have never actually played it. Isn't the platforming horrifically sloppy? That's what I hear people bitch about most often.

oh yeah, it's really sloppy. but it's not unplayable.
the music, and the fact that it's a Castlevania game is the only redeeming quality about this game.
I consider myself a huge fan and had a lot of fun memories with this game
so I'm definitely letting it slide.
Old 08.09.2011, 06:29 PM   #4309
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Went to the arcade again on Friday. Actually played some REALLY good players at SSF4. And I hate FADC. Made me feel like a nub. I didn't do THAT bad...but I was still pretty terrible. OH! AND I FINALLY PLAYED AGAINST SOMEONE GOOD AT CAPCOM VS SNK 2. It was so much fun. The took abuot 5 of the 8 games we played. but still....My first time against a good human player....and man that was fun. My team is Iori, Akuma, and Ken.

Fuck. Sounds like a good time. I haven't even been able to play SSF4 yet.

Old 08.09.2011, 06:33 PM   #4310
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
oh yeah, it's really sloppy. but it's not unplayable.
the music, and the fact that it's a Castlevania game is the only redeeming quality about this game.
I consider myself a huge fan and had a lot of fun memories with this game
so I'm definitely letting it slide.

A lot of Castlevania games have frustrating platforming though. Even the otherwise amazing NES classics. So I guess it's fitting. I don't remember too much of that in Super Castlevania IV though, or Dawn of Sorrow (the only others I've played). Those games rule hard.

I've never even played a 3D Castlevania game. Hmm
Old 08.09.2011, 06:35 PM   #4311
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I've been beasting NeoGeo Battle Coliseum lately. Terry is my main man.

The fact that I can play as Marco from Metal Slug in a fighting game is nothing short of extraordinary to me. Kudos SNK. I'm not exactly sure why this one is dirt cheap everywhere I look (I picked mine up for less than $3, and saw a copy at GameStop yesterday for only $3.99) because it's a fucking blast! Maybe it has something to do with being able to d/l it for your 360, I wouldn't know.... either way - this game is righteous.

I See Iori on the top right. He's on my team for Capcom vs snk 2. I'm starting to get into SNK fighting games. Unfortunately my King of Fighters are arcade games so it can be a bit hard to practice with people but I'm gettin' there.
Old 08.09.2011, 06:36 PM   #4312
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Haha and Marco is riht under iori.
Old 08.09.2011, 06:56 PM   #4313
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
A lot of Castlevania games have frustrating platforming though. Even the otherwise amazing NES classics. So I guess it's fitting. I don't remember too much of that in Super Castlevania IV though, or Dawn of Sorrow (the only others I've played). Those games rule hard.

I've never even played a 3D Castlevania game. Hmm

really? i highly recommend Lament of Innocence. it seems you might enjoy that one. it's got great music and pretty cool bosses and enemies. there's always a slew of CV fans that are either anti-3D or pro
Old 08.09.2011, 06:59 PM   #4314
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
I See Iori on the top right. He's on my team for Capcom vs snk 2. I'm starting to get into SNK fighting games. Unfortunately my King of Fighters are arcade games so it can be a bit hard to practice with people but I'm gettin' there.

I prefer SNK fighters to Capcom ones, honestly. Whenever I play Capcom vs SNK on my DC, I always pick the SNK groove.

You really should pick up NeoGeo Battle Coliseum though. GameStop has it listed for just 3.99! That's gotta be just a fraction of what you spend at the arcade.

Between this, Cool Cool Toon (DC), and the jaw-droppingly spectacular SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1 (Wii .... also available for PS2 - albeit with some Metal Slug lag not found on Wii) they definitely get a grand portion of my gaming time, as a company.
Old 08.09.2011, 07:02 PM   #4315
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
really? i highly recommend Lament of Innocence. it seems you might enjoy that one. it's got great music and pretty cool bosses and enemies. there's always a slew of CV fans that are either anti-3D or pro

I'll check into it for sure. I've always been curious about what the series would be like in the 3rd dimension. Hopefully it's more or less of an Ocarina of Time, rather than an Earthworm Jim 3D
Old 08.09.2011, 08:33 PM   #4316
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I'm definitely a much bigger Capcom fan than SNK. But I will say that NeoGeo Battle is probably my favorite SNK fighter out there. Don't get me wrong -- Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury, certain KOF's are great. But I just don't click with them as easily.
Old 08.10.2011, 10:22 PM   #4317
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Apparently this one pales majorly in comparison to the Saturn original. Having never played a SEGA Saturn in my life (I know, I know) - I can't necessarily comment on that. What I DO KNOW though is that it would be absolutely foolish to dismiss this as a bad game, as some have.

The cut-scenes can get awfully boring, and the inability to skip most of 'em hinders my happiness greatly because the story is absolutely worthless. NiGHTS' voice is like nails on a chalkboard. It makes him/her eerie, honestly, and not necessarily in a good way.

BUT the gameplay is a blast! That's what really counts in the long run. The game can even get pretty difficult if you try and get the best grades on each mission.

For only $5 @ GameStop, I don't think you could really go wrong with picking this up. Samba De Amigo, which is an easy 10/10 (especially if played with a friend/lover/etc.) is also available used for the same price.

Do yourself a favor (yes you, reading this) and SEGAfy your Wii a bit. You won't regret it.

The last Starfox game to truly "get it right", if you ask me*. What an awesome shooter this truly is, and it deserves every bit of infamy that surrounds it. Probably my favorite title on the N64 to be honest.

* ok, i enjoyed Starfox Adventures as well... but that's completely different
Old 08.10.2011, 10:59 PM   #4318
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
That Nights looks cool....don't have a Wii though. Sega needs to sell all their old shit on Xbox live ASAP.
Old 08.12.2011, 10:36 AM   #4319
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

rocket launcha

Old 08.12.2011, 10:59 AM   #4320
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

30 credits later......metal Slug 5 beat.
166206213214215 216 217218219226266 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth