Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty American Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.01.2013, 03:21 PM   #201
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
What some are doing with Schaub's old jersey......guess they think this should be his new jersey:

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2013, 12:43 PM   #202
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
The league and sportcommenthaterz are spitting the most fire at Matt Schaub, but really, its all over blown. That is the problem with hype, it distorts reality and greats gossip. For example, hype always surrounds Manning and Brady, so that even if these guys do put up stellar stats, there will always be anti-social NFL fans like myself who could give two fucks about it, because hype ruins it sometimes. That is in a way, what has made Lebron James such an exciting basketball player, he lives up to the hype while also occiassionally falling short just often enough to keep it interesting, to keep us speculating, to keep people paying attention, sometimes to watch him fail, others to see if he pulls it off.

As to Schaub, he was over hyped last year by Houston's success. The guy is good, but suffers from Michael Vick syndrome, his turn overs start to cancel out the appeal of his strong arm and unique skill sets. Vick would be a top-10 QB every year if he could just manage to stop turning over the football.

Personally, all the cries for his head I think are grossly exaggerated. Who out there on the market is actually a better QB? Who is even an option? Now Schaub is getting older in QB terms, so his window is closing soon, but in the short term while it is still open (ie. 2-3 years) the guy is clearly the best choice. Its been said he doesn't have that Superbowl contending edge, and while that is technically correct, I can think of several QBs who have put up less than stellar numbers and yet been Superbowl winning QBs. Further, its easy to criticize season statistics, but look at how Fantasy QBs like Drew Brees/Matt Stafford both threw for over 5,000 yards last season, only to not make the playoffs. Or the Manning/Brady/Rodgers who are clearly the best QBs in the NFL and yet again, have been sent home packing year after year the past few Championships. Being the best in the season, or the best in the league, doesn't always translate to the best of the moment. Look at Joe Flacco, an admittedly mediocre season QB, and yet over the past five seasons literally one of the most impacting, dynamic, and winning QBs in the NFL. He has sent home all the greats and Cinderellas packing on early exits, and yet is clearly in the middle of the pack during the season. The guy, like an NBA player, seems to have a playoff switch. The real question is not is Schaub a game-winning QB for Houston, the question is given the opportunity will he have a Joe Flacco moment and turn it on?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2013, 01:10 PM   #203
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I don;t know if it is about skill with Schaub, as much as it is with his motivation, his drive. He is not a lead by example guy, nor is he a hell and brimstone spit in your face guy. I think he just smokes too much of that H-town dank.
Old 10.02.2013, 01:31 PM   #204
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Flacco doesn't appear like a vocal leader, but he clearly stepped up when needed and this season the roster is unamimously behind him. Of course winning 9 playoff games in the past five years has that kind of effect. If Schaub steps up in the playoffs and makes the AFC Conference I think he can change that leadership issue.. If Houston slumps or declines I agree, but really, who is necessarily better than Schaub and available?

Old 10.02.2013, 02:00 PM   #205
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
When it comes to Schaub and the Texans offense, I've heard some interesting things this week:

Seahawk players after the game and once they returned home to do local radio were blown away at how easy and effortlessly the Texans moved the ball and scored on them in the first half......they couldn't stop the Texans.

At the same time, Seahawk players said they knew exactly what to expect from the Texans in the 2nd half and played as if they were a step or two ahead of them.

All of this falls on the shoulders of Head Coach, Gary Kubiak. I believe he has become too predictable with his tendencies and play calling. The first 15 plays of each half are scripted and usually work. However, once he gets past those 15 plays, it feels like he just starts over with the same 15 plays again.

University of Houston Cougar Nation would LOVE to see Case Keenum get a starters chance......but I'm afraid he or TJ Yates would work out as good as Tim Tebow did with the Jets.

Being competitive and playing well under the prime-time lights this Sunday night in San Francisco would go along way......a victory would be icing on the cake!
Old 10.02.2013, 02:03 PM   #206
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
No one in the NFL is scared of Schaub.
Old 10.03.2013, 11:55 AM   #207
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Word from a European Sports Book is next weeks Jacksonville at Denver game will have a line of Denver -26.

There is a good chance it may fall to Denver -23 once it opens in the States.

However, word from the local books is Vegas is considering taking Jacksonville off the board for the remainder of the season.
Old 10.03.2013, 11:56 AM   #208
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

The 2013 Jags remind me of the David Carr "led" Texans.
Old 10.03.2013, 06:47 PM   #209
Bytor Peltor
Banned

NFL Burger Jokes
Old 10.07.2013, 08:25 AM   #210
Bytor Peltor
Banned

"We're at that point where we're at the bottom and it's time to climb to the top......this can't continue." - JJ Watt

Matt Schaub is the first QB to throw four pick sixes in four consecutive games.

Matt Schaub has thrown 13 INT's in the last eight games played (including playoffs).

This season, Schaub has thrown TD's to:

Alterraun Verner (Titans)
Daryl Smith (Ravens)
Richard Sherman (Seahawks)
Tramaine Brock (49er's)
******not one TD pass to Andre Johnson (Texans)******

Last week, Seahwak QB Russel Wilson has three 1st Half completions and the Texans led 20-3.
Last night, 49'er QB Kaepernick had four 1st Half completions and the Texans trailed 21-0.

After five games played, Texans have allowed 62 points off turnovers or special teams......allowed a total of 86 points all last season!

Andrew Luck made his 22nd career start yesterday. Colts are 4-1 this season and have beaten Seattle and San Francisco.

Andrew Luck has tied Jake Pummer for most Game Winning drives in his first two seasons with NINE and Luck has eleven games remaining this season.
Old 10.07.2013, 08:39 AM   #211
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Fucking Horrible
Old 10.07.2013, 08:57 AM   #212
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Fucking Horrible

I know......still can't believe you lost your first fantasy game
Old 10.07.2013, 09:55 AM   #213
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
That he's thrown five pick-sixes in his last seven games including last season is an incredibly arbitrary use of selective endpoints; before this ugly stretch, Schaub hadn't thrown a pick-six in his 29 previous games, so why would you suddenly extrapolate that he was about to go on an unprecedented rampage of pick-sixes? If you take the long view, Schaub's pick-six rate remains relatively consistent with many other Super Bowl–winning quarterbacks of this era like Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees.
Poor Schaub. The Law of Averages finally caught up with him, just like it did Tony Romo last night and it did Joe Flacco last week. That game started bad, and progressively got worse. Probably the only good thing is that Crapernick still played like shit and had shit numbers. Of course, that probably doesn't console y'all too much. Relax. A few good games and Texans can be .600... Besides you can't blame a pick-six entirely on the QB, it only becomes a TD when everybody else on the offense falls apart. Of course, like Joe Flacco said after his recent pick-six, "You got to stay confident out there, you're going to get the ball right back." So maybe some of it is on Schaub for not bouncing back and scoring in response..

Ravens got an ugly win in Miami, but look at what a difference a few weeks can make. 3-2 and now Miami is 3-2, and Ravens are putting themselves in a better position to take the Division or at least compete for that Wild Card.

What about that epic Cowboys collapse? Tony Romo has a knack for setting Dallas Cowboys franchise QB records.. in losses

Old 10.07.2013, 10:55 AM   #214
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Cowboys was not a collapse. That game was AWESOME and I cannot believe how fabulous Romo's throws were. Romo really impressed me.

on that last INT, you can see he got stepped on by his own lineman.

Romo was throwing it as good as I have ever seen! and I hate teh cowboys!
Old 10.07.2013, 03:02 PM   #215
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Cowboys was not a collapse.

I totally agree!

No way did I believe Denver could score over 40 points and Dallas have a chance, much less than Denver scoring over 50 points and it being a field goal game.

If Dallas can beat Washington this Sunday night, all will be well in their world!
Old 10.07.2013, 04:51 PM   #216
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Poor Schaub. That game started bad, and progressively got worse.

Old 10.07.2013, 07:03 PM   #217
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

The Cowboys absolutely collapsed on defense through out the game. They ALMOST pulled off the goal line stand, choked the Broncos to the FG but with enough time on the clock to match it. Instead, the defense just couldn't get the last stop. Tony Romo played fantastic, but Tony Romo has had a lot of fantastic games, just too many losses. Is he suffering from Philip Rivers/Matt Stafford syndrome, elite level QB yet crap team? Probably. The past three years consecutively by any statistical measure Tony Romo has been a top-10 QB, yet can't get into the playoffs. Michael Vick got out of prison and made the playoffs. Joe Flacco hasn't missed the playoffs in his career. Andy Dalton has made the playoffs, TWICE in a row now. Even Christian Ponder couldn't stop Adrian Peterson from dragging the Vikings into the playoffs. Yet Tony Romo? This year he still has a chance, but so have the Cowboys EVERY year. They have been a half-game out of the playoffs too many years now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

That is one of my all-time favorite Bill Murray movies! Texans fans are getting pretty clever, though its a bit soon to burn his jersey, save that
for if he takes his talents to South Beach

Old 10.07.2013, 10:52 PM   #218
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Yet again, Mike Smith loses a game because of a 4th and 1 blunder. In his 27 career losses, I'd be willing to wager 20 of them were cost by these kinds of blunders. In the 1st quarter, yeah, Falcons were down 17-7, but they just lost 30-28. Had Smith went for the easy FG rather than trying to get the TD and FAILING in four tries, Atlanta would have won this game 31-30 and completely turned around their season. Jets would have been happy. Falcons would have been happy. Now? The Law of Averages caught up with Atlanta. They've only lost 9 or 10 games over the past three seasons, now they've lost three in and row, and are 1-8 counting the preseason. I'd be happy if they could just finish 8-8 now. It'd require finishing .600 instead of .2000

Old 10.08.2013, 09:34 AM   #219
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

super exciting game last night though. awesome til the end.
Old 10.08.2013, 11:36 AM   #220
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth