Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you have any phobias?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.16.2008, 08:06 AM   #61
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I am scared of people i guess.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 09:41 AM   #62
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
I have a fear of dirtyness but its odd because I also really like being outside in nature.. nature isnt dirty. humans are dirty.

I have a fear of dirtyness and microbes, and I also love nature though.
Old 03.16.2008, 09:45 AM   #63
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i thought of one. an irrational, stupid one. there's probably a medical term for it.

i'm very afraid of speaking with people i don't know or don't know well. i will go out of my way to avoid having a conversation with someone i don't know on the street or at a party/event and i keep my head down and walk quickly. i keep my headphones on when i'm on the subway (unless i'm with someone i DO know in which case i'll be happy to talk with them), i don't talk to cab drivers, etc etc. really, i can't do it.

That's social phobia (or social anxiety). I have it too, that's more a fear of other people's judgments and embarassing situations than simply a "fear of people".
Old 03.16.2008, 09:47 AM   #64
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
This might sound dumb, but I am afraid of the dark, but can only sleep when the lights are out, and any light bugs me.

When I was little I could only sleep with the light on. EDIT: I misread the light part.
Old 03.16.2008, 09:58 AM   #65
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Quote:
i'm not antisocial at all, but i am extremely introverted and shy around people who i don't know personally.

Ditto.

That's very annoying for me when I fancy a girl, I don't know what to say to her because I'm too afraid of being ridiculous.
Old 03.16.2008, 10:07 AM   #66
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I'm not psychiatrist, but that sounds like schizophrenia
that one symptom alone is by no means suggestive of schizophrenia. schizophrenia is an extremely complex mental illness that requires diagnosis by a professional.

Quote:
that would be indicative of childhood trauma.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
yadayadayada I know. I'm just saying, my sister has a friend who's schizo who constantly believes she's being followed.

But she's got other symptoms.

she probably has paranoid schizophrenia. there's other types though. it's a pretty interesting illness.

You speak the truth, you would make a good psychiatrist
Old 03.16.2008, 12:41 PM   #67
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Polystyrene. I can't be in the same room as it. A good friend of mine is afraid of vacuum cleaners. My housemate is petrified of bees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 12:58 PM   #68
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i used to be terrified of many things when i was a kid, i actually liked being scared of things, i had a friend who was afraid of things with me.

the most ridiculous one is probably dogs, i was terrified of dogs and i never had a bad experience with one (well, a friend in school got bitten by a dog in the face and has a permanent scar from it); now i think they are one of the funniest creatures in the world, hilarious, but i do sometimes get nervous/startled by them.

nothing really irrational, but i get panic attacks with rats. my number one phobia used to be spiders but it has climbed down the charts for me in years, i even would not kill them if i saw them until one fucker bit me in my sleep, that was not cool.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 01:03 PM   #69
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'm ascared of 'nados. unsecured heights make me uneasy too. Everything else I can deal with. In fact, I just flushed one of the wife's phobias down the toilet.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 01:25 PM   #70
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
I started to cry when a spider landed on my arm the other day.

It's just that I was in a car, and it obviously just flew in somehow.

I can't stand knowing that a spider is near me, but I can't see it.

Had he only announced his arrival, I would have been fine about it.

For this reason, I'm more afraid of tiny spiders than tarantulas. Although we don't get many of those where I live, and I've never encountered one in the wilderness. Might be a different story in that case.
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 01:32 PM   #71
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
Yes, people always say I am rude when I don't speak to them. The most I get from people is that I am weird, for liking different things. But yeah they always say I have anti-social behavior which isn't true, I am just not interested in talking to them.

Fuck! Yours and Cantankerous's conversation really struck a cord. It's so nice to hear that someone else is like this
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 01:37 PM   #72
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain

That's very annoying for me when I fancy a girl, I don't know what to say to her because I'm too afraid of being ridiculous.

Yeah! I'm the same, t's fucking annoying. It's also that I just don't think there is much to say to people unless you're having a really interesting conversation.
Old 03.16.2008, 01:39 PM   #73
Lurker
invito al cielo

I'm also scared of pigeons. I jump if one lands near me, it's embarassing. I have to pay loads of attention to where they're walking and other people are walking to avoid having them fly towards me.
Old 03.16.2008, 03:24 PM   #74
yazz
empty page

yazz has much to be proud ofyazz has much to be proud ofyazz has much to be proud ofyazz has much to be proud ofyazz has much to be proud ofyazz has much to be proud ofyazz has much to be proud ofyazz has much to be proud ofyazz has much to be proud of
I have a fear that I'll get stabbed or hurt by something in the back part of my knee. You know the part where your leg bones join.
yazz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 06:35 PM   #75
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I'm ascared of 'nados.
Even when you are in one for a jo??
Old 03.16.2008, 06:50 PM   #76
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
heights, needles, the ocean
Old 03.16.2008, 10:26 PM   #77
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I've always had alot of anxiety problems but not really any specific fears. I had a panic attack so bad my heart stopped beating and I had to be shocked with the defibrillator thing. Now, I carry around a bottle of lorazepam.
Old 03.16.2008, 10:39 PM   #78
touch me i'm sick
expwy. to yr skull

touch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i freak out so bad if i see a centipede. those things scare the fucking shit out of me.
oh god, THOSE make me stomp my feet and flail. and i'm fucking terrified of praying manti.

one time i was in the shower and about to wash my hair. i reach for the shampoo bottle and as soon as i lifted the cap open, a centipede crawled out of the bottle. i'vebeen afraid of that happeneing ever since
touch me i'm sick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 10:48 PM   #79
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I always fear that my heart is going to fuck up/that it is fucking up and I'm going to die. Irregular heart beats, heart attack, and cardiac arrest all really freak me out. I swear I'm going to die from some heart disease.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 11:05 PM   #80
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
sometimes i think im scared of heights... most of the time i got no problem with it... i think im mostly afraid of disappointing people... i will go out of my way to be sure that i don't disappoint any random people

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth