Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I went to a bret easton ellis question and answer platform today
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.14.2010, 08:08 PM   #1
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
And he totally changed my mind about his work and inspired me. I'm too drunk and have to go to bed soon, plus I don't like you enough to share my thoughts and enthusiasm with you to that level. What are your thoughts? Do you care? Do you care about this thread? Do you? Tell me.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 08:12 PM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i don't care about his affectless yuppies and have never managed to finish any of his books but i did watch, er, the rules of attraction i think it was, mostly because it was on cable and liked shannyn sossamon.

so what did he talk about or what change our mind? do tell-- maybe tomorrow post-hangover?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 08:18 PM   #3
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
he is one of my favorite authors, american psycho is probably one of my all time favorite books (the film was atrocious) the humour of it and its amazing satire are fantastic. i need to read more of his stuff.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 08:27 PM   #4
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
he is one of my favorite authors, american psycho is probably one of my all time favorite books (the film was atrocious) the humour of it and its amazing satire are fantastic. i need to read more of his stuff.
I was wondering if he was a big influence on Chris Morris like Peter Cook.
Old 07.14.2010, 08:37 PM   #5
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
that's hot. Big fan.
Old 07.14.2010, 09:33 PM   #6
pop punk will eat itself
bad moon rising

pop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's asses
Here's part of a recent interview with BEE that I find interesting, disturbing, and somewhat germane:

Quote:
JC: It's funny, at the reading last night I heard a girl behind me talking, and she was like, oh, Glamorama is my least favorite of his novels.

BEE: That's interesting, because at the reading last night I saw three guys from Long Island who looked like they were mechanics. They were wearing overalls and they looked kind of hickey and I thought, okay, they're gonna pull out their tattered copies of American Psycho, but no- they were all about Glamorama. They knew it by heart. They knew all of its secrets; they knew the code of Glamorama. They knew the secret of Bruce Reinhart, which was something that blew me away. They wanted certain quotes scrawled into their copies, and that was one of the most memorable things about last night.

What the hell is the secret of Bruce Reinhart? There's definitely something strange about the character, but the novel in itself is strange, so I haven't given much thought to him, until now.

Also, if anyone's interested, here's a link to the rest of the interview: http://chuckpalahniuk.net/interviews...easton-ellis-0
Old 07.15.2010, 08:33 AM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I have only read american psycho, back when it came out. Several times actually.

I have not read anything else by him. My favorite parts are when he writes about homeslice's shitty music tastes!
Old 07.15.2010, 08:48 AM   #8
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I was wondering if he was a big influence on Chris Morris like Peter Cook.

i went to a Q&A with Morris a couple of weeks ago, it was pretty good.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2010, 11:52 AM   #9
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Just finished "Imperial Bedrooms", not bad. I dig his work and his "fuck everything traditional about literature" approach.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2010, 01:50 PM   #10
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
bits of american psycho (the book) made me feel physically sick

uhhh i kind of liked that. i mean, anything that gets a strong response must have some merit...
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2010, 02:21 PM   #11
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

They were asking him a lot of art gay questions, which he disarmingly and politely ridiculed. I never realized he had such a big female fanbase. Loads of them in the crowd, even an old grandma.
Old 07.15.2010, 03:27 PM   #12
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i went to a Q&A with Morris a couple of weeks ago, it was pretty good.

what sort of questions where put to him?

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 07.15.2010, 06:52 PM   #13
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
I've ready everything but his last few newest; I dislike you too much to share any thoughts and enthusiasm futher than that.

that said, I hope a starved rat crawls into yr pussy and eats you from the inside.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2010, 07:46 PM   #14
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by space
that said, I hope a starved rat crawls into yr pussy and eats you from the inside.

then you get chainsawed in half and i can show you your legs while your still alive.

that chapter made me squirm.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 07.16.2010, 01:05 AM   #15
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
I've ready everything but his last few newest; I dislike you too much to share any thoughts and enthusiasm futher than that.

When was the last time I told you to fuck off? I can't remember.
Old 07.16.2010, 01:16 PM   #16
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
When was the last time I told you to fuck off? I can't remember.

so close! you almost made it a whole hour without being a prick.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 07.16.2010, 03:34 PM   #17
Fred Cracklin
little trouble girl

Fred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's asses
http://carolynkellogg.com/2010/06/th...press-routine/
Fred Cracklin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2010, 10:36 PM   #18
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
so close! you almost made it a whole hour without being a prick.
surely, you've just missed all the times that he's been a prick in real life. an hour seems like such a long time.

right now, I'm daydreaming about forcing him to listen to Huey Lewis and the News (a dreadfully underrated band), taking a gold-plated staple-gun that I've purchased, and using it on his eyelids so that the tears NEVER STOP.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2010, 11:40 PM   #19
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
NOW i remember why i didn't/don't like bret easton ellis much:

“Regardless of the business aspect of things, is there a reason that there isn’t a female Hitchcock or a female Scorsese or a female Spielberg? I don’t know. I think it’s a medium that really is built for the male gaze and for a male sensibility. I mean, the best art is made under not an indifference to, but a neutrality [toward] the kind of emotionalism that I think can be a trap for women directors.”
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2010, 12:10 AM   #20
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
surely, you've just missed all the times that he's been a prick in real life. an hour seems like such a long time.

right now, I'm daydreaming about forcing him to listen to Huey Lewis and the News (a dreadfully underrated band), taking a gold-plated staple-gun that I've purchased, and using it on his eyelids so that the tears NEVER STOP.
Ah ok.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth