Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Gravitar...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.22.2009, 10:24 AM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I just stumbled upon this band when I downloaded thier split wth Universal Indians. I was blown the fuck away. It's on American Tapes so I assumed Olson was involved, which he was, but also notable Michigan heads like Geoff Walker, Eric Cook, and Harold Richardson. I know have been ripping through thier discography and it's all heavy as fuck psychedelic noise jamming that actually come off as songs. Here's some hack journalism for you; this seems to be a band directly in the middle of Olson's career; at the end of him being a psych rock jammer to becoming a caveman noise wierdo. The sound as professed by the band drew on free jazz, psych rock, garage punk, and funk(adelic). Probably won't be able to find anything unless you stumble upon i at various blogs, such as the Static Fanatic which has the split with Universal Indians. Blue Sabbath Black Cheer are huge fans and are actually namd after he Gravitar song Blue Sabbath.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 10:37 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I thought Blue Sabbath Black Cheer was a play on the band names "Black Sabbath" and "Blue Cheer".

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth