Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page TV SHIT
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.26.2006, 12:25 PM   #1
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
I recently bought this little EP. I laughed really hard the first time I heard it. I knew what to expect from a sample but it was still a shock. I have grown to like it like a small SYR record. I just want to know what the writing is on the back. What is it referring to? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 12:29 PM   #2
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I dont know.
I picked up my copy for about $5, used. Listened once.
iT'S cool to have, I guess.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 01:52 PM   #3
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
I dont know.
I picked up my copy for about $5, used. Listened once.
iT'S cool to have, I guess.

Yea it's definitly for collecting purposes but still provides an interesting listen every two weeks or so for me.

Old 07.26.2006, 02:36 PM   #4
Forensic Scene
bad moon rising

Forensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's asses
No. It was a waste of money for me. I traded it in.
Old 07.26.2006, 06:01 PM   #5
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah it is a pretty harsh cd.....I'd never sell it though. I think I paid close to 20 bucks for it back in the day.
Old 07.26.2006, 06:08 PM   #6
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
it's great! i think the writing on the back is referring to a piece of music by stockhausen

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 09:36 PM   #7
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
have to check the lp, haven't listened to it for a long while, see what is on the back...
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 11:32 PM   #8
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
"Gesang der Jünglinge", the name of the Stockhausen piece, roughly translates to "Song of the Youths", so I think that may be the connection...
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 10:50 AM   #9
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Love The Ep. Not For Any Musical Quality But Just For The Sheer Tv Shit Of It All. Damn Fine Release. Got Mine On Amazon For Like 1.99 A Few Years Back....
Old 07.27.2006, 10:53 AM   #10
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
i used to have that thing in my cd player a lot to wake up to in the mornings. seriously.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 11:17 AM   #11
Ghost of Guitars Past
empty page

Ghost of Guitars Past has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
i used to have that thing in my cd player a lot to wake up to in the mornings. seriously.

Well, that will definitely get you out of bed.

I used to listen to whilst stuck in traffic, it was rather cathartic. I think my copy's at work right, otherwise I'd be giving it a listen right now.
Ghost of Guitars Past is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 11:48 AM   #12
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
i usually have a lot of difficulties with getting up in the mornings... but that ep surely does the trick.

i also used to blast it on my discman in the mornings sometimes (like when i didn't have time to make coffee before leaving the house). it's very convenient that it lasts only 8 minutes or so, because by the time you've had enough of it it's finished and you''ll be awake for the rest of the morning.
Old 07.27.2006, 12:24 PM   #13
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
i like the idea of listening to really harsh things to wake up in the morning, but i have the feeling it already scares my neighbours to listen to not-so-harsh loud music in the morning when i wake up...
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 12:28 PM   #14
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
i got it with two other sy singles on ebay for 3 dollars. so i guess i got what i paid for, it isn't very interesting. just feedback and screaming... i do listren to it soemtimes though.. rarely

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 12:33 PM   #15
greenbird
bad moon rising

greenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's asses
Who wants to sell a copy to me?
greenbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 12:36 PM   #16
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by o o o
i like the idea of listening to really harsh things to wake up in the morning, but i have the feeling it already scares my neighbours to listen to not-so-harsh loud music in the morning when i wake up...

tape headphones to your ears before you go to bed!
Old 07.27.2006, 12:38 PM   #17
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
tape headphones to your ears before you go to bed!

ah, here is the solution... might be even more efficient to wake you up.
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 12:53 PM   #18
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

good luck. although i hope it won't give you a heart attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbird

it's available from the sonic youth store actually:
http://www.kungfunation.com/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=999&p roducts_id=369
(kung fu bastards don't accept paypal though)
Old 07.27.2006, 04:50 PM   #19
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
TV Shit is as cool as shit it fucking rocks.
Old 08.05.2006, 11:27 AM   #20
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbird

Sonic Store will sell you a copy.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth