Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Best way to teach yourself another language?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2006, 08:51 PM   #41
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Haha Babelfish? I got 'something post' when I used that, before he revealed the secret.

I can translate your (Gookid's) avatar, though.

Hisuterikku
Komikkusu

Which is just Japanese-ification of "Hysteric Comics."
Haha, very cool.
56, ah, okay-that makes sense. Thanks-

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 08:52 PM   #42
vasanum
little trouble girl

vasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to behold
Da but I haven't installed Russian on my keyboard yet. I need to get some of those sticker-things, but I think I remember where most of the letters are.

It's been a long time though. I took it in college with a shitty instructor.
vasanum is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 08:55 PM   #43
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Да. Вы говорит по-русски?
Yes, do you speak Russian Vasanum? If yes, where'd you learn it???

edit: heheh you already answered.

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 08:57 PM   #44
vasanum
little trouble girl

vasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to behold
see above ^

I need a review, but so far I haven't found a book that works for me. I have my old textbooks, but they suck. Badly.
vasanum is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 09:00 PM   #45
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Remembering where the keys are, is a pain in the ass. No matter how often I use it, it is impossible to remember where everthing is at. I need to get those stickers too.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 10:32 PM   #46
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
one could always get a lobotomy & then be dropped off in a foreign land

then,
sheer survival instinct will benefit you the in learning a foreign language
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 10:34 PM   #47
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massenvernichtungswaffen
One Word: IMMERSION. It's the only way to truly get a natural grasp on pretty much any language.

Why do people always shit on German???? The grammar is not that bad, it's far easier and less complicated than French grammar, especially for english speakers. God, french verbs are the most frustrating thing in the world. Being from Canada, I had to study french up to grade 10, and I still can't speak it very well. I spent 7 months in Germany and by the end of it, was able to pretty much discuss, with little difficulty, whatever was on my mind. French... I did it for 10 years, and I still can't really construe anything without smelling burning rubber.

amen to that.
except i just finished (grade nine is the last year of french) and i still dont speak it ..basically, at all. i would like to learn to speak it well, but in school it just doesn't get to you. i'm going to montreal july.. maybe ill pick up a bit more there.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 08:21 AM   #48
bytheriver
bad moon rising

bytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nice
Im learning Spanish, its much much easier to learn to read something than speak in it, thats what I've found anyway. But in the past being in foreign countries things like gestures and facial expressions are really helpful in understanding what people are saying. You can spend evenings with people not speaking a word just smiling, nodding and clinking glasses.

Swedish always seems a fun language,
bytheriver is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 09:45 AM   #49
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Slovakian is a pretty fucking hard-to-learn language, in line with most of Slavic ones.

you want tough, go for this one.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 10:12 AM   #50
Massenvernichtungswaffen
stalker

Massenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's asses
Slovakian, eh? Yea that's a tough one. I tried Czech once, but got deterred when I started seeing sentences without any vowels. Now that's just wack, eh...

Jeg kysser katastrofer.

Massenvernichtungswaffen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 10:29 AM   #51
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
yeah we got nice words like: "smrt", "krst", "prst" or "chrstnut"

heheeh

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 10:46 AM   #52
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
one could always get a lobotomy & then be dropped off in a foreign land

then,
sheer survival instinct will benefit you the in learning a foreign language

thats how you do it, like when my Da threw me in at the deep end of the local swimming pool - nasty man although i can swim like a fish now.
Old 06.29.2006, 10:52 AM   #53
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
teaching yourself a language is pretty hard. I tried to teach myself german but quit, mostly because I was lazy. But I sugest getting a simple "teach your self ____" book, then a tape where you can here them talk, and a dictionary to look up random words. (thats what I did)

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth