Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Should we buy iPhones?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.25.2012, 01:45 PM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
There is no discussing this with the Apple fetishists. They want their device and they don't care how many people were degraded.

Yes, whereas Microsoft are the Nazis (who rule through brute force) and take over and shut down all their competitors, Apple are the Fascists (who rule through brainwashing and nationalism) who have branded most of the world. Again, I do indeed have an iPod which I bought years ago and have been using it for several hours daily, but alas, I have many regrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
all phones and game consoles and computers, even the ones you're using to type right now, crappy as they may be, are made in the same OEM chinese plants. just saying.

This is true, but companies like FoxConn or only a facet of Apples exploitation. In the US they make both the most profits per square foot of retail space and the most per employee, while paying below average wages for the high-tech retail field and further very expensive equipment for ZERO commission! They are literally rolling on how they've branded an entire generation of work force to like the "feel" and "vibe" and "brand" of working at the Apple Store while meantime forgetting that they aren't making a fraction of the money they could be selling the same Apple products for commission and higher wagers at another tech retailer. Further, the computer companies and other cell phone manufacturers are indeed using the same kinds of practices, but they aren't making those oil company kind of gross volume and profits that Apple does, which only adds to the disgust then. Apple is one of the few companies and products that probably could afford to pay their sub-contractors in China and their retail employees in the US a better wage

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 02:14 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
companies like FoxConn or only a facet of Apples exploitation

companies like apple are only a facet of foxconn's exploitation.

they produce 40% of all electronics on the planet.

with your online presence you're aiding and abetting their criminal enterprise.

see you in hell on judgment day, felon! tesla you too!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 03:38 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
companies like apple are only a facet of foxconn's exploitation.

they produce 40% of all electronics on the planet.

with your online presence you're aiding and abetting their criminal enterprise.

see you in hell on judgment day, felon! tesla you too!

Easy on the all the hyperbole there. Again, its all about perspective, Apple is the largest computer and electronics manufacture and distributor today, and further they are making the highest profits. At the least, they become a symbol of the beast. You may be right that we are contributing, and we would not deny that, but we shouldn't suddenly start celebrating Apples' dominance in exploiting the world simply because they have such good marketing and branding strategies, if anything, that should make us all the more wary. I repeatedly confess I own an Apple product, but I have it begrudgingly as I might also own my computer, and I am all the more conscious of its effects on the world hence why I limit my consumption of these products while that same time increasing advocacy and awareness. Most people own SEVERAL Apple products and several computers, that is even more so the problem than just Apple or exploitative economic practices alone, if anything, is a result of Apples' genius marketing strategies to convince folks to exploit the world several times more than they even need! If we are raining on your Apple parade I apologize sincerely, but please don't think you have some immature "Got Ya" moment because the way you've been glowing about Apple products, it makes you and not us look all the more a hypocrite

Old 09.25.2012, 03:42 PM   #24
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
i don't care

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 03:44 PM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden
i don't care

"But those are my peoples there getting fucked in China by Apple etc?"

Old 09.25.2012, 03:44 PM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Easy on the all the hyperbole there. Again, its all about perspective, Apple is the largest computer and electronics manufacture and distributor today, and further they are making the highest profits. At the least, they become a symbol of the beast. You may be right that we are contributing, and we would not deny that, but we shouldn't suddenly start celebrating Apples' dominance in exploiting the world simply because they have such good marketing and branding strategies, if anything, that should make us all the more wary. I repeatedly confess I own an Apple product, but I have it begrudgingly as I might also own my computer, and I am all the more conscious of its effects on the world hence why I limit my consumption of these products while that same time increasing advocacy and awareness. Most people own SEVERAL Apple products and several computers, that is even more so the problem than just Apple or exploitative economic practices alone, if anything, is a result of Apples' genius marketing strategies to convince folks to exploit the world several times more than they even need! If we are raining on your Apple parade I apologize sincerely, but please don't think you have some immature "Got Ya" moment because the way you've been glowing about Apple products, it makes you and not us look all the more a hypocrite

the ratty library computer you're using to post this was made with toxic fumes that killed a thousand chinese babies. and your cheap landline phone was made by prisoners in a labor camp. true story.
Old 09.25.2012, 03:46 PM   #27
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
the ratty library computer you're using to post this was made with toxic fumes that killed a thousand chinese babies. true story.

So why are you eager to buy several apple products? I bet you even have several computers too! Again, you are only making yourself look all the more a hypocrite and an asshole too boot! We should change your name from !@#$%! to just !@#hole

Old 09.25.2012, 03:48 PM   #28
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

"But those are my peoples there getting fucked in China by Apple etc?"

Have you gone back to being totally stupid?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 04:11 PM   #29
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Old 09.25.2012, 04:12 PM   #30
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Have you gone back to being totally stupid?

not any more or less stupid as the rest of us, yourself included

Old 09.25.2012, 04:13 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

So let me get this straight, you are well aware of all the dehumanizing, environmentally devastating, and exploitative practices Apple and other electronics manufacturers are doing, and instead of giving an "Amen" to the choir, you'd rather scoff all this and promote even more products? You really are lame sometimes, especially because I know in this instance you are just trying to be a silly contrarian, because simply put, you know better. Grow up

Old 09.25.2012, 04:18 PM   #32
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Suchfriends, you seem like a cool and lovely guy but some of the stuff you are posting on here is some naive shit.
Old 09.25.2012, 04:19 PM   #33
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Suchfriends, you seem like a cool and lovely guy but some of the stuff you are posting on here is some naive shit.

Whatever you say

Old 09.25.2012, 04:23 PM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
suchfriends does not use capitalist-made products

he cobbled his computer himself from organic wheat grass clippings and 100% fair-traded sunshine

he also quit music after he read this:

http://www.marshallforum.com/marshal...ade-china.html
Old 09.25.2012, 04:25 PM   #35
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n_iq...5&feature=plcp

The guy in this video asked me out on a date today.
Old 09.25.2012, 04:27 PM   #36
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:

he cobbled his computer himself from organic wheat grass clippings and 100% fair-traded sunshine

Ha!
Old 09.25.2012, 04:41 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

Yes, I am on a computer, does that somehow mean I can't have concerns about the manufacturing processes? Should I be boycotting? Perhaps. But does that give you all the more license to gloat in the exploitation? You're typing on a computer to oh "not tainted by the same shit as the rest of you" holy one

I am not like you jumping around on the bandwagon promoting these products as if they were all so cool. How can you in one instance on this thread talk about how cool these products are, and then in another post scathing criticism of Apples' business practices, while at the time sticking your tongue out at other posters who are being rightfully critical of Apple and electronics in general? No body is talking about AMISH purity, but much like our political dispute, it seems you've just taken sides with the darkside fully aware of the evils, and then you have the nerve to scoff at folks who are expressing their concerns about these businesses? Fuck that, I may be an idealist, but you are blatantly and bitterly a hypocrite!

Old 09.25.2012, 04:43 PM   #38
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
some drivel

so, severian wants to get a new phone. which one do you recommend again?

Old 09.25.2012, 04:46 PM   #39
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
so, severian wants to get a new phone. which one do you recommend again?

I recommend he buys one, and not several, and only buys it when he needs it, not when the marketing blitz releases some new shiny toy to lure away folks who have several functioning phones in their drawers by their beds. I recommend he be conscious of the effect his purchase has, and do his best to be conscious of this when he also uses this product. If he can find a better product from a better more ethical company, that would be also be nice. And if you could GROW THE FUCK UP sometimes that would be best !@#hole

Old 09.25.2012, 04:46 PM   #40
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
does the iphone have bejeweled on it that's my only question

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth