Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page live skull, help me!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.13.2006, 10:27 AM   #1
hellotwentyfifteen
bad moon rising

Location: sonic toronto (it's way cooler than regular toronto)
hellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nice
i found 2 live skull tracks, live in 1986, and theyre wicked awesome, but i cant find anything else anywhere.

does anyone have any (preferably good) live skull they could hook me up with, ill trade you anything i have for it, just ask and if i have it or somthing like it, its yrs.

also, i love you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastuionel
Only there i seen chep like that Cell Phone
hellotwentyfifteen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 11:53 AM   #2
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
I am into Live Skull. But i only have the lp, Dusted. It's a good one. I have searched high and low for other recordings myself, but to no avail. Dusted is probably your best shot. wowa i just found some used cheap copies of Skull here:

http://www.amazon.com/Dusted-Live-Skull/dp/B000008HST

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 12:51 PM   #3
Intellivision
i'm a rotten little fuck

Intellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's asses
I downloaded the same two too.

I did not download a tutu.
Intellivision is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 05:00 PM   #4
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
i have a video live skull which i am planning to digitise in the very near future, neither the sound or the vision is of a high quality but it isn't to bad. obviously if you like live skull you should check out uzi - sleep asylum ep which is the only uzi recordings available and all of the come catalogue. and all of thalia zedeks solo work.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 10:08 PM   #5
hellotwentyfifteen
bad moon rising

hellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nice
buying somthing is a bit too much of comiment, especialy if its off the interenet

i look forward to that digitized video

Quote:
Old 11.15.2006, 07:13 PM   #6
hellotwentyfifteen
bad moon rising

raaaar i want live skull

Quote:
Old 11.16.2006, 08:20 AM   #7
Jt
children of satan

Jt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotwentyfifteen
raaaar i want live skull

I've got the Positraction album from 1989 (I thiiink) on CD; that's a great record, if slightly diffierent in sound to their earlier stuff. Very clearly influenced by SY and their ilk. It's a pity none of their stuff has been reissued, huh?

To be honest, I was lucky with that CD and got it for like $14 on eBay. I'd wager either there, Amazon.com's zSellers, or gemm.com, would be good places to start for getting their stuff.

Alternatively, if you're really struggling I guess I could *help out*, if you catch my drift.

*EDIT* 1988, actually.
Old 12.02.2006, 10:59 PM   #8
Human Fly
empty page

Human Fly is a splendid one to beholdHuman Fly is a splendid one to beholdHuman Fly is a splendid one to beholdHuman Fly is a splendid one to beholdHuman Fly is a splendid one to beholdHuman Fly is a splendid one to beholdHuman Fly is a splendid one to behold
I want more Live Skull too. Someone PLEASE reissue their stuff
Old 12.09.2006, 07:07 AM   #9
Androol
the destroyed room

Androol kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's asses
yeah Live Skull fucking ruled. sorry my only advice is soulseek.
Androol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.10.2006, 01:52 PM   #10
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
on the topic of live skull i saw thalia zedek from live skull and her band open for dino jr last week.It was great, they had a viola player mixed with the rock music to add this dissonance and drama to it. They ended their set with this incredible ever growing noise jam.good times
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.10.2006, 03:01 PM   #11
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
almudeno69 has a Live Skull collection including dvds.

They are in Japan though, and you'll have to have something to trade.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2006, 11:04 AM   #12
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Other than the very first one Live Skull records are easy to come by, one of the best values in the used vinyl bins. Cds sem to be fairly obscure though.

People look at me oddly when I say this.. but I'm more partial to the Thalia years...I saw this lineup at CBGB around '88 and they only played 30 minutes but it was fucking searing.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2008, 12:28 PM   #13
ruinedbyharps
little trouble girl

ruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's asses
I've just noticed these two clips on youtube that I'd not seen before.

Fort Belvedere CBGBs 1986

The Loved One CBGBs 1986

Sorry if this is already old news.
ruinedbyharps is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2008, 01:33 PM   #14
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
i love the song (and video) '5D'.

last night i saw Lubricated Goat, and someone said that the drummer also played w/ Live Skull.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2008, 03:06 PM   #15
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Mark C plays in Outpost at Issue Project Room Sat 15 Nov, along with Alasehir, the instrumental Bardo Pond side project.

Supposed to be a new International Shades album soon...
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2008, 03:27 PM   #16
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
I have, Cloud One, Positractions and Snuffer mini-LP, thats all.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2008, 04:32 PM   #17
ruinedbyharps
little trouble girl

ruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's assesruinedbyharps kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69

Supposed to be a new International Shades album soon...

I hope it's better than their first one. I was really disappointed with that.

I've always thought Live Skull were a great band, but one that in the end sort of lacked the imagination and ambition to really compete. Certainly, for all of the Sonic youth comparisons, they were never a band capable of creating something like Daydream Nation, or even Sister. But at the same time, i doubt they'd ever produce anything quite as bland as Dirty.
ruinedbyharps is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth