Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page downloading music in 2011
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.10.2011, 12:35 PM   #141
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
No offence Derek, but I'm confused by your views on downloading and now gigs. If most of the bands that play in your area are crap, according to your taste, does it mean that they shouldn't expect a paying audience? Did I get this right?
I mean terrible by anyone's taste.

You're forgetting what age I am and the age of the bands here.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2011, 12:36 PM   #142
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
If I'm "stealing" an artists musics, then the least I can do is see 'em live.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2011, 01:05 PM   #143
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I have to say, I can only go to so many gigs with rock amplification. Annoys the fuck out of me when you have jangly c86 bollocks at Napalm Death volumes. But there's plenty of stuff about that's not offensively loud. Plenty. Oh yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2011, 01:43 PM   #144
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
one of my favourate smells is beer and sweat

We need to meet
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2011, 11:26 PM   #145
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Very randomly i came across this:

“A record is a concert without halls and a museum whose curator is the owner."
-Glenn Gould

It makes sense, doesn't it?
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 05:39 AM   #146
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie

-Glenn Gould

It does indeed.

My consciousness is far too fuzzy at this hour to address points from both Derek and Glice, so I will do so at a later time, but I will say that the concept of an album only seems cheap or stylized because of inaccurate perception and/or expectations, not because of the concept itself or the album as an object. A recording is meant for repetitive enjoyment, and "stylized" studio recordings are meant to serve the same purpose as a live recording - a product of the band capturing its sound that can be listened to as often as desired. It is no fault of the album (or its concept) that many end up defining the band's sound by a recording and come to expect a precise reproduction of that sound. Those that do so and are disappointed by the variations in a live show are listening for all the wrong reasons, and fail to truly appreciate all the band has to offer.

Unless of course, the band performs terribly live, which happens on occasion. That band/artist likely ought to be decimated. I equate it to chicks who wear too much makeup.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 07:53 AM   #147
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie

-Glenn Gould

Did you know glenn Gould was once arrested in Florida for vagrancy because he was sitting in a park in the middle of summer in a coat and mittens........
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 08:11 AM   #148
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I admire him even more because of that, now.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 08:21 AM   #149
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Gould talks to the animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 10:24 AM   #150
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I admire him even more because of that, now.

Yeah he's great. I love reading stories about him......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth