Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thread for old fashioned weirdos who patiently wait for The Eternal CD release date.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.06.2009, 10:15 AM   #21
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
oh dear...

Old 05.06.2009, 10:17 AM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2009, 11:08 AM   #23
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaclelapse
I still prefer waiting for the actual CD to come out.

People look at me like I'm smoking fifty cigarettes at once and swinging a baby around like a mace.

You owe me a new keyboard and some coffee.

And thanks to those who providid the SYR links.
Old 05.06.2009, 11:14 AM   #24
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttlegs
I agree to wait for the physical release as I am sure it will be much more rewarding. I do think that all the negative opinion and comments on this forum and all over the web do take away the ability to experience it as a completely fresh body of work. It's like when you preview a movie trailer, see the actors talking talking up the movie up all over the TV, read the online forums and newspaper reviews and get bombarded by adverts, is there anything left thats truly exciting?

I must be weird though, because usually, before getting a CD or a DVD, I have done a fair amount of research on said item. I don't think I let that cloud my opinion of it, but, I find that whole process rather enjoyable - comparing my experience with the work to what I have read previously.
Old 05.07.2009, 12:03 AM   #25
muttlegs
empty page

muttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
I must be weird though, because usually, before getting a CD or a DVD, I have done a fair amount of research on said item. I don't think I let that cloud my opinion of it, but, I find that whole process rather enjoyable - comparing my experience with the work to what I have read previously.

I agree its fun to find out new music through a musician/producer/label link and follow the breadcrubs but this will most likely lead you to something you are already familiar with.

The best purchases are the ones I bought from the artwork or some reason like that. There is a high chance that it will be crap but sometimes you find one that is amazing. With the net information overload and shops so thin on stock apart from new releases its harder to do this now...
muttlegs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 01:06 AM   #26
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
you all are smart smart people. for the love of god wait.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 01:26 AM   #27
Skuj
invito al cielo

This will become the new review thread come Jun 8th.
Old 05.07.2009, 01:29 AM   #28
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
we have to wait one more month to hear a new sy album. the others will have to wait for two more years!
A good way of putting it.
Old 05.07.2009, 01:39 AM   #29
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
I waited (impatiently) for every other album, it was great getting to go on the day of the release to Amoeba, buying the album then listening to it loud on the long drive home... But due to some personal turmoil in my life recently I had to listen to this one. It was what I needed to clear my head and lift my spirits since the alcohol wasn't working and it did not dissapoint! But, I commend you all for waiting. I hope you can make it, only @ 39 days left.

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 04:39 PM   #30
Skuj
invito al cielo

FUCK IT I BROKE DOWN AND "GOT" IT. AND I LOVE IT, AHAHAHAHAHA. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY DO NEXT. 2011??

I'm just kiddin. This is hard though.
Old 05.07.2009, 05:54 PM   #31
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
real old fashioned weirdos ordered the vinyl!
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 05:58 PM   #32
al shabbray

will listen to it for the first time in the record I will receive from nicfit...or the cd I will buy if I cant wait for the slooooooow italian delivery time
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 08:17 PM   #33
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
This thread topic reminds me of people who don't take the plastic off of their laptops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
will listen to it for the first time in the record I will receive from nicfit...or the cd I will buy if I cant wait for the slooooooow italian delivery time
Old 05.07.2009, 09:27 PM   #34
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
The question is Do you take your shoes off when you listen?

This whole thread sounds religious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Nothing is wrong with us......well, something may be wrong with me. Here is a little habit of mine that I will share. I sometimes purchase new mainstream music and don't open it. I got the new Pet Shop Boys the day it came out and it still has the shrink wrap on it. I have a few CD's on the "yet to be open" shelf. I could easily purchase 'The Eternal' and not open it for another month or two......but if the tour dates are announced and SY plays H-town this summer, then this might prompt me to open it sooner so I will know the new stuff.
Old 05.07.2009, 10:27 PM   #35
Skuj
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Nothing is wrong with us......well, something may be wrong with me. Here is a little habit of mine that I will share. I sometimes purchase new mainstream music and don't open it. I got the new Pet Shop Boys the day it came out and it still has the shrink wrap on it. I have a few CD's on the "yet to be open" shelf. I could easily purchase 'The Eternal' and not open it for another month or two......but if the tour dates are announced and SY plays H-town this summer, then this might prompt me to open it sooner so I will know the new stuff.

Seek professional help.

Hahaha....kidding. I knew someone like this - he had a room full of vinyl with the wrappings still on most of them, and a 20G sound system.
Old 05.07.2009, 10:48 PM   #36
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I am waiting.....still I listen to the songs on Jools...I just can't waiting for June 28....fucking youth.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 10:55 PM   #37
exploding plastic candle
children of satan

exploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard sucka
I wish I had waited, because I predict the stream doesn't do the album any justice
exploding plastic candle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2009, 01:26 AM   #38
repeater
bad moon rising

repeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploding plastic candle
I wish I had waited, because I predict the stream doesn't do the album any justice

Yeah, I was going to wait, but had a willpower failure. So I logged in at the BEGN site, streamed the first three songs (and they sound amazing!) and then came to my senses. Listening to a crappy stream a work (this is where i listen to computermusic), is not the right way to listen to the album for the first time. So now I ´m back at the waiting-for-the-mailman-to-bring-me-my-vinyl stage. It´s more christmasesque this way
repeater is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2009, 09:02 AM   #39
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
my first listening will be when I drop the needle on the vinyl platter
Old 05.08.2009, 09:26 AM   #40
JohnEsmoke
little trouble girl

JohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's asses
I will wait till the 6th of June... because it's so exciting to go to the record shop, come back home, sit down in the armchair and listening while looking at the booklet. Well, I'm writing this while listening to "sacred trickster" but, it's the single, it's different...
JohnEsmoke is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth