Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Post a Picture of Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.27.2007, 04:55 PM   #10841
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Well, it sounds a lot like all that serious "Ritual Musick" that was going around at the time, so perhaps you'll forgive me.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2007, 04:57 PM   #10842
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Hey, don't put that on me now.
You were the first to mention Ye Flock.

sshhh.

I'm trying to keep Florya from making a "creeped-out" floatingslowly voodoo doll.

yr already obviously in his good graces (he's winking at you 'n stuff).
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2007, 05:00 PM   #10843
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
better watch it. he's touchy.

seriously though....how is THAT not a burn and the Cure was??

I LIKE The Cure for fuck's sake!

Fat Bob and me come from the same town.
I used to watch Easy Cure play on Sunday afternoons in the bandstand in Crawley town centre before he took over singing duties, and later in The Rocket. They weren't very good.
I had to be physically restrained from asking him to join our happy band of minstrels one day, not long after he got sacked from the Banshees.
Not that I really wanted him in the band. I just wanted to be able to sack him as well. Miserable sod.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2007, 05:03 PM   #10844
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
So, you were probably at the show where they recorded the live version of "Heroin Face" that appeared on the Curiosity Anomalies cassette b-side?
Old 08.27.2007, 05:04 PM   #10845
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well, it sounds a lot like all that serious "Ritual Musick" that was going around at the time, so perhaps you'll forgive me.

Forgiven.
The whole point of what we did was to make 'ritual music' that had no ritualistic intent.

Still it's cool that you've taken the time to listen to it. Much appreciated.

Old 08.27.2007, 05:09 PM   #10846
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
So, you were probably at the show where they recorded the live version of "Heroin Face" that appeared on the Curiosity Anomalies cassette b-side?

Maybe. I have the tape, but I don't recall any of the Rocket shows I was at being recorded.

Old 08.27.2007, 05:22 PM   #10847
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
Now

and then (1983 ish)

HAHA. That's awesome. Get it back! Get it back! Unless you're balding (can't tell in that first pic) but Nick Cave still pulls it off.
Old 08.27.2007, 05:31 PM   #10848
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I can top that with this one from 1985.

I'll see you and raise you three inches!

Someone was a fan of aquanet.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2007, 05:40 PM   #10849
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
HAHA. That's awesome. Get it back! Get it back! Unless you're balding (can't tell in that first pic) but Nick Cave still pulls it off.

Nick doesn't really have a whole lot going on up top these days, actually.
I think it all went into that Fu Manchu he's sporting now.
Old 08.27.2007, 06:35 PM   #10850
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
Fat Bob and me come from the same town.
I used to watch Easy Cure play on Sunday afternoons in the bandstand in Crawley town centre before he took over singing duties, and later in The Rocket. They weren't very good.
I had to be physically restrained from asking him to join our happy band of minstrels one day, not long after he got sacked from the Banshees.
Not that I really wanted him in the band. I just wanted to be able to sack him as well. Miserable sod.

I promise that I didn't mean it as an affront to yr cool.

after spending 10 years of posting on the internet, the only thing that keeps me going is to post the first asinine thing that comes to mind. I'm afraid that because of this, I can often come off as an ass (athough this is [usually] not intended).

I think that some folks in the good ol' non-sonic forum know this about me by now, but I should have known better than to make a picture comment since you mostly post in forums above this one.

I'm sure that yr cooler than The Cure. they couldn't rock that look until years later; and honestly, that's what made it funny to me. hell, there's a good chance that I had a fucking oingo boingo tshirt and was afraid of skinny puppy in 1983.

for what it's worth, I'm truely sorry if I offended you. please don't take a damn thing I say seriously (barring the above).

and to anyone else that I've potentially offended
: fuck yrself. yr not getting a fucking apology.
Old 08.27.2007, 06:41 PM   #10851
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

That's an interesting angle you're working there:
"The Contrite Jerk."
Old 08.27.2007, 06:55 PM   #10852
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I'm trying for idiot savant.

the savant is easy. it's the idiot part that I'm still working on.

do you know how hard this is???

PS: were you in this movie??

Old 08.27.2007, 06:57 PM   #10853
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Quote:
PS: were you in this movie??

Har har.
Nice try. My pic was from 85.
"Class Act" is from 1992, by which time I had moved on from spending significant amounts of time with a can of hairspray and a blow-dryer turned on full blast with my head upside down every morning.
Old 08.27.2007, 07:02 PM   #10854
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

curses!

foiled again!

I promise I'll try to scan some picture of myself from back then for everyone's further entertainment.
Old 08.27.2007, 11:38 PM   #10855
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Nick doesn't really have a whole lot going on up top these days, actually.
I think it all went into that Fu Manchu he's sporting now.

Which is what I mean. Most balding men shave their heads when on occasions it'd suit certain men more to sport the locks like Nick Cave does. Throw on a mo and that's even better.
Old 08.28.2007, 01:54 AM   #10856
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
I promise that I didn't mean it as an affront to yr cool.

after spending 10 years of posting on the internet, the only thing that keeps me going is to post the first asinine thing that comes to mind. I'm afraid that because of this, I can often come off as an ass (athough this is [usually] not intended).

I think that some folks in the good ol' non-sonic forum know this about me by now, but I should have known better than to make a picture comment since you mostly post in forums above this one.

I'm sure that yr cooler than The Cure. they couldn't rock that look until years later; and honestly, that's what made it funny to me. hell, there's a good chance that I had a fucking oingo boingo tshirt and was afraid of skinny puppy in 1983.

for what it's worth, I'm truely sorry if I offended you. please don't take a damn thing I say seriously (barring the above).

and to anyone else that I've potentially offended
: fuck yrself. yr not getting a fucking apology.

Oh for fucks sake!!
Get up off your knees.

I took no offence at any of your remarks (apart from the one about being touchy )

Grovelling apology accepted, although completely uncalled for.

Old 08.28.2007, 02:01 AM   #10857
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J

I have tried. Trouble is, I lose patience after growing it for a few months and cut it all off again.

Old 08.29.2007, 02:58 PM   #10858
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
me, taken with my computers camera.

screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2007, 03:17 PM   #10859
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
you're really cute
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2007, 03:18 PM   #10860
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Your computer takes a great picture, too.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
443493533540541542 543 54454554655359364310431543 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth