Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.04.2010, 09:36 AM   #2961
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
How far did you get in 3d dot game heroes?
chairman of the bored is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2010, 09:50 AM   #2962
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
off the shelf PS3 is extra shitty

sounds like ya haven't had a dose of sony yet. Valkyria Chronicles is coo, the Silent Hill games...well....yeah.....MGS4 is worth playing and is really fun too. Demon's Souls is awesome.

I'm still waiting on some more games...but i'm looking forward to Heavy Rain and the new Castlevania.

Next gen gaming is there. Ya should give it a try all ya retro gamers.

I mean I play Ps3 to play single player games.
I only like the 360 for multiplayer FPS.

I mean....yeh that's pretty much it.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2010, 09:56 AM   #2963
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
eh whatever I only play old games for the most part. Our Wii is almost totally used on House Of The Dead games and that's about it. I have very little interest in "new games" and any that I do are basically sequels or throwbacks or 2D Shmups.
Old 11.04.2010, 11:04 AM   #2964
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Since we're talking new and old games, here's some lists, favorite to least favorite:

Old games I played for the first time this year:
1. Ikaruga
2. Demon's Souls
3. God of War
4. Okami
5. Killer 7
6. Wipeout HD Fury
7. professor layton and the mysterious village
8. God of War 2

P.S.-I did just start Half-Life 2 (and The Orange Box in general) so list subject to change

Games I played that came out this year:
1. Vanquish
2. Bayonetta
-both by PlatinumGames and both the only AMAZING new games for me this year
3. Heavy Rain
4. Costume Quest
5. God of War 3
6. Sports Champions
7. Red Dead Redemption (the only BAD game I played all year)

P.S.-Haven't play New Vegas and who knows when gran turismo 5 is coming
Old 11.04.2010, 12:40 PM   #2965
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Gaaah I'm waiting anxiously for gt5.

And chairman I rerolled as a wanderer and I'm kicking so much ass. I beat all first level bosses and I beat 1-2, and currently working on 2-2.
Old 11.04.2010, 12:50 PM   #2966
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
7. Red Dead Redemption (the only BAD game I played all year)

WTF? That is one of the only GOOD games I've played this year. Besides FIFA11.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2010, 01:00 PM   #2967
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

Re: Red Dead Redemption

Well, for one it was WAY too long. All the repetition would have been more tolerable if the length was cut in half. Second, the repetition was unbearable. There was basically one kind of quest for the entire insufferable 20 hours or whatever. And most importantly, the gameplay (what little there was) flat out sucked. Clumsy ass controls and you could get by the last mission just as easily as the first. Auto-aim shoot auto-aim shoot auto-aim shoot. There was nothing to really get better at. Heavy Rain, which is basically a 10-hour QTE had some kind of progression of difficulty and variety.

The music was really good, though!

To make it short: the content of a 3 hour game streeeeeetched to 20-25 hours isn't my style, really.
Old 11.04.2010, 01:04 PM   #2968
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Gaaah I'm waiting anxiously for gt5.

And chairman I rerolled as a wanderer and I'm kicking so much ass. I beat all first level bosses and I beat 1-2, and currently working on 2-2.

Good stuff meng. Did you get stuck or just wanted a reboot? Either way, there's so much more to see. Enjoy that shit.
Old 11.04.2010, 01:44 PM   #2969
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Heavy Rain is supposedly the current-gen sequel to that Indigo Prophecy (Farenheit in Europe) game that I was just posting about. I hardly know anything about it though. Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
ps3 mods. possibilities are much greater than that of the 360.

Like what?

.................................................. .............................

What does everyone think about the PS3 Move and 360 Kinect?
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2010, 01:45 PM   #2970
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
.................................................. .............................

f'ukkin stupid!

besides using it as a lightgun, I think the Wiimote sucks too.
Old 11.04.2010, 02:05 PM   #2971
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

Quote:
Heavy Rain is supposedly the current-gen sequel to that Indigo Prophecy (Farenheit in Europe) game that I was just posting about. I hardly know anything about it though. Hmmmm

Heavy Rain is pretty cool. I haven't played the other games, but it's made by the same dude. It's basically a cinematic type game with a bunch of branching paths, laughably bad voice-overs, and a bullshit Deux ex machina story. But at that, it's got great atmosphere, music, and some pretty intense and creative scenarios. Think Saw meets Se7en meets...erm a weird French noir or something. Different, flawed, but ultimately enjoyable for what it is.

I agree with noisereductions. Not into motion controls.
Old 11.04.2010, 02:29 PM   #2972
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:

Like what?

with a modded ps3's they are currently loading emulators to run SNES/GBA/GB.

some that are still being worked are sega, ps2, ps1, and dreamcast. there was also a rumor for psp emulator...but it's a rumor still.

and as far as ps3move. I dunno. sometimes that shit is fun....ya know? I hear that it works great though, much better than the wii. ALso seeing as I don't pay for games anymore so dishing out money ffor the hardware may not be so bad.
Old 11.04.2010, 02:31 PM   #2973
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Re: Red Dead Redemption

Well, for one it was WAY too long. All the repetition would have been more tolerable if the length was cut in half. Second, the repetition was unbearable. There was basically one kind of quest for the entire insufferable 20 hours or whatever. And most importantly, the gameplay (what little there was) flat out sucked. Clumsy ass controls and you could get by the last mission just as easily as the first. Auto-aim shoot auto-aim shoot auto-aim shoot. There was nothing to really get better at. Heavy Rain, which is basically a 10-hour QTE had some kind of progression of difficulty and variety.

The music was really good, though!

To make it short: the content of a 3 hour game streeeeeetched to 20-25 hours isn't my style, really.

dood can you play RDR(PS3) with a standard tv?
Old 11.04.2010, 02:32 PM   #2974
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Good stuff meng. Did you get stuck or just wanted a reboot? Either way, there's so much more to see. Enjoy that shit.

I didn't like wearing armor. too slow and a huge burden with stamina. I also decided I'd like a some more magick too. And Wanderer seemed like a class which one can customize a little more.
Old 11.05.2010, 10:18 AM   #2975
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2010, 10:27 AM   #2976
noisereductions
invito al cielo

^pretty good.
Old 11.05.2010, 11:12 AM   #2977
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

The Gamecube is endless. I own twenty something games and there's still some I need to try out: Alien Hominid, Battalion Wars, Cubivore, Chaos Field, Doshin...
Old 11.05.2010, 11:12 AM   #2978
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I've had about a 100 GCN games. Though I've been selling off a lot of my GCN games to buy new GB games lately.
Old 11.05.2010, 11:18 AM   #2979
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

May I ask, no trolling/sarcasm/bullshit at all, what's the utter fascination with Gameboy games? Just curious.
Old 11.05.2010, 11:26 AM   #2980
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
May I ask, no trolling/sarcasm/bullshit at all, what's the utter fascination with Gameboy games? Just curious.

at some point I decided to focus on collecting a single console. So I decided on GB/GBC/GBA becuz its library ranged from 1989-2007 (later if you count homebrew). It's a LOT of games. Pretty much every classic game has been ported to the system. Almost every major series has a vrsion on teh system. Plus, I prefer 8-bit/16-bit to newer looking consoles. SO many times there would be this big 3D game I had no interest in that got a 2D demake on a GB system. It's interesting to me.

plus I've been playing GB since 1989. Now I grew up with every other major system as well, but I seem to have the most memories of GB (could bring it back n forth from mom n dad's houses)

anyway, do you read my blog at all?

rfgeneration.com/blogs/noiseredux
99139146147148 149 150151152159199249 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth