Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.17.2017, 06:44 AM   #7921
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Let's Go Packers!
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2017, 09:31 AM   #7922
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Didn't watch it cos I thought it'd be another crap-o-rama as usual. Got that one wrong!

did you have it in MOTD or whatever the day after?

and how can it be crap-o-rama when you have klopp vs mourinho???
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2017, 09:33 AM   #7923
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
There would be huge resistance from fans and the media about European league games being played in China or any other foreign country, but that won't necessarily stop it happening.

Meanwhile, Pep's postmatch after Everton was just weird.

Apparently they're dominating possession (obviously) but are weak in both boxes. Could this have anything to do with Pep making Aguero (still for me the best out and out finisher in the league) play deeper than he's ever played before, and for still believing that Kolarov is a CB?

No way would the board ever sack him but if things don't improve I can seriously see him walking. He really doesn't seem to be enjoying himself and I'm starting to wonder if he's having doubts about his own ability to turn things around.

i don't know about resistance. i haven't heard of any resistance against the NFL scheduling games in London. well, maybe there is but it's not a big scandal-- if so it would make the news. and it's natural to try to reach a global audience. i know that bayern does regular exhibition games in china right now. they also go to the gulf states. who knows what will happen in a decade or two?

i gotta work but i'll look for video of pep ASAP. "dominates possession but..." sounds so familiar ha ha ha.

problem with pep "turning things around" is that man city wasn't in bad shape when he took it over, was it? he's made them worse.

just hey can he please mail back debruyne to wolfsburg? they need him so badly ha ha ha. poor wolfsburg!
Old 01.17.2017, 01:25 PM   #7924
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
did you have it in MOTD or whatever the day after?

and how can it be crap-o-rama when you have klopp vs mourinho???

Yeah it was on, but I had to be up at 5:30 the next morning so didn't stay up for.

That's EXACTLY what I thought when they played Anfield in October. It turned out to be terrible match, which is why I gave this one a miss.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2017, 03:00 PM   #7925
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i don't know about resistance. i haven't heard of any resistance against the NFL scheduling games in London. well, maybe there is but it's not a big scandal-- if so it would make the news. and it's natural to try to reach a global audience. i know that bayern does regular exhibition games in china right now. they also go to the gulf states. who knows what will happen in a decade or two?

Exhibition games are something else entirely. Nobody here takes any notice of them. But a Prem game played in the USA or China would be met with major protests from fans, regardless of how they do things in the NFL. Not saying it won't happen - in fact I think eventually it will - but they tried it before and it failed, mainly because of resistance from fans:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/20/fo...eague-chelsea/
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2017, 03:44 PM   #7926
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Exhibition games are something else entirely. Nobody here takes any notice of them. But a Prem game played in the USA or China would be met with major protests from fans, regardless of how they do things in the NFL. Not saying it won't happen - in fact I think eventually it will - but they tried it before and it failed, mainly because of resistance from fans:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/20/fo...eague-chelsea/
oh im gonna read that

but before i read it let me say-- who cares about the fans when the main money comes from global TV? not today, but tomorrow or next decade. it will be so. bucky fuller has convinced me ha ha ha.

yeah the nfl is increasing london games. by having morning games (in the us, that's english nights) they compete w/ european sockarr which is taking over monings, actually, here. quite the little puzzle . schedule guerrillas.

the other day i caught liverpool-man u cuz i was at my in-laws and they had it on. yep. on mainstream tv. then they changed it to the same game on the spanish channel (they dont speak spanish) because "it sounds more animated" ha ha ha. yep. 'merica is catching premier fever.
Old 01.17.2017, 04:28 PM   #7927
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
but before i read it let me say-- who cares about the fans when the main money comes from global TV? not today, but tomorrow or next decade. it will be so. bucky fuller has convinced me ha ha ha.

Money will win but, for that very reason, I think the idea of a globalised Prem has actually passed, just because I think the real agenda now is the elite European teams banding together and forming their own breakaway league. How it'll work practically is still up for debate but I'm convinced it'll happen sooner rather than later, in some form or another . And that really will go global.
Old 01.17.2017, 06:56 PM   #7928
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Old 01.17.2017, 08:22 PM   #7929
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

haa haa haaa

haaa haa haaa haaaa
Old 01.21.2017, 02:59 PM   #7930
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Spurs v Man City was epic
Old 01.22.2017, 07:03 PM   #7931
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Spurs v Man City was epic

And today Mr. Panenka did it again, at the 97th minute...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2017, 03:45 PM   #7932
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
So how much do West Ham fans HATE playing against City?

Old 02.01.2017, 04:08 PM   #7933
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

holy shit, st. antonio conte has chelsea 10pts ahead of everybody else on the prem table

can this be? it is!

i've always admired his work. damn, i wish i could seeeeeee....
Old 02.01.2017, 05:00 PM   #7934
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
holy shit, st. antonio conte has chelsea 10pts ahead of everybody else on the prem table

can this be? it is!

They've been great to watch, they really have.

Old 02.01.2017, 05:03 PM   #7935
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Money will win but, for that very reason, I think the idea of a globalised Prem has actually passed, just because I think the real agenda now is the elite European teams banding together and forming their own breakaway league. How it'll work practically is still up for debate but I'm convinced it'll happen sooner rather than later, in some form or another . And that really will go global.

man, last time laughing at pep's linkedin page distracted me from this

and yeah, i get it.

a transnational league, meaning a true european league, would be fantastic.

i'd kill to watch that. not sure how it would work. not sure the national leagues would allow it. but i'm sure i'd kill.

like, i'm very interested in seeing chelsea under conte. im not interested in whoever else is left below liverpool-- like, what--aston vila, the potters of some place i can't remember, i don't care. like i'm sure people globally wanna see bayern and dortmund and real madrid and barcelona but not real betis or stuttgart or QPR and so forth. that would be EPIC. like a permanent world cup, but better played, home and away, year round, holy shit yes i would kill for that week in & week out.

not sure what it would do to the teams left behind but i'm a fat greedy consumer wth no conscience

eh, i'd prolly watch them on occasion ha ha ha ha
Old 02.01.2017, 05:20 PM   #7936
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
They've been great to watch, they really have.
i might finally break down & get cable if that continues
Old 02.02.2017, 05:54 AM   #7937
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
So how much do West Ham fans HATE playing against City?

Aw man, it's almost funny now. We're like Pep's wet dream of a team; playing in exactly the right way for his teams to just demolish. We even manage to make his defence look decent, which might be an even bigger achievement than simply letting their attackers score apparently at will.

Mind you, Pep does have Jesus on his side ...
Old 02.03.2017, 02:54 PM   #7938
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

can this be? it is!

They play Arsenal midday tomorrow. Should be great.

Also hearing rumours that Roberto Mancini's being lined up to replace Bilic. Hmmm.
Old 02.04.2017, 11:38 AM   #7939
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
They play Arsenal midday tomorrow. Should be great.

Also hearing rumours that Roberto Mancini's being lined up to replace Bilic. Hmmm.

[mancini was at schalke recently and did no good] <-- edit: not mancini but a different italian roberto: DIMATTEO. sorry guys. this was pre-coffee.

ah the chelsea arsenal already happened! looks like a nice result....

speaking of results, schalke rose up to TIE bayern munich just now at allianz arena. ancelotti's new freedom doesn't seem to be kicking into gear-- there's a lack of team cohesion.

anyway, dortmund-leipzig play in 1 hour (or less) and it should be interesting. leipzig is only 4 pts behind bayern right now so there's competition for the #1 spot at the table (yes, they're the hated red bull team). dortmund at the same time needs to get out of mid-table where they've been stuck all season in spite of their great talents. they're 7th right now, with 31pts vs. bayern's 46! OUCH. they're still a nice team to watch though. [eta: dortmund could leap to 3rd or 4th if they win today though]
Old 02.04.2017, 01:15 PM   #7940
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

What a mental day in the Premier League. Honestly 'symbols' the relegation battle is whats making things exciting in this league.

347387394395396 397 398399400407447497 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth