Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page new stooges album!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.07.2007, 11:18 PM   #61
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex
I mean, cmon-- Iggy did his last album with green day and SUM 41--- of course he's going to bring back the stooges after he worked with the most decredifying supporting cast ever.

He didn't JUST do that record with Green Day and Sum41... he did that record with loads of different people. The Stooges were on that record, so was Peaches. And his old 80s/90s band The Trolls. There were like 16 or 17 songs on Skull Ring.. only 4 or 5 of them were with Green Day/Sum41.

Besides, Iggy's worked/performed with everyone. He doesn't give a fuck if they're cool or not. He did a record with members of Blondie in like 1982... and one with Medeski Martin & Wood in 1999... he's recorded with Johnny Depp, Rancid, Eno, Francoise Hardy, Bowie, Death In Vegas, At The Drive In.. performed with everyone you can think of, cool or not cool... oh and..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCODT8Lshw8

People have been pissing and moaning about who Iggy choses to perform/record with since about 1972.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2007, 11:34 PM   #62
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Hmm, new Stooges, new Pixies, new New York Dolls, what the fuck is going on with all the old bands rising from the dead of late? I'm still waiting for word on a new X album, get it together you guys!

I think they are feeding off all the people that are sick of all this new alternative shit.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2007, 08:59 AM   #63
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
New track here. I don't beleive this one will be on the new album. Im glad..

They played this song at ATP too, "my idea of fun, is killing everyone". It was one of a couple of moments during their set I thought to myself "Eh?".
Another time was with a new song that had lyrics that went like "I'm fried! Deep fried! Stir fried!", etc.

This song sounds a bit like recent Iggy Pop indeed, but I wasn't really expecting much from it anyway. In my memory I thought it sounded somewhat better live than this studio version though, I particularly don't like his vocals during the chorus on this one.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2007, 11:58 AM   #64
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy
He didn't JUST do that record with Green Day and Sum41... he did that record with loads of different people. The Stooges were on that record, so was Peaches. And his old 80s/90s band The Trolls. There were like 16 or 17 songs on Skull Ring.. only 4 or 5 of them were with Green Day/Sum41.

Besides, Iggy's worked/performed with everyone. He doesn't give a fuck if they're cool or not. He did a record with members of Blondie in like 1982... and one with Medeski Martin & Wood in 1999... he's recorded with Johnny Depp, Rancid, Eno, Francoise Hardy, Bowie, Death In Vegas, At The Drive In.. performed with everyone you can think of, cool or not cool... oh and..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCODT8Lshw8

People have been pissing and moaning about who Iggy choses to perform/record with since about 1972.

ok, valid points... I think better worded (my side of words) would've been "he really doesn't care who he works with... it's not going to make something good", along those lines.

I mean, I'm not bummed on this at all-- funhouse is still fuckin amazing and Iggy n crew are old--- in some ways it's just cool in theory if not in execution.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.09.2007, 12:40 AM   #65
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
well well well, thats a gay thing to find out about albini.
Your brain is fucking "gay".....learn some new vocabulary.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth