Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page In case you haven't noticed...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2006, 03:34 PM   #1
sorrybutitstrue
empty page

sorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentata
Hello everyone. I used to like Sonic Youth a whole lot, back when they were good. But they have not been good for a while now, in fact now they are extremely boring and unimaginitive. They sound like a shadow of their former creative selves. And I have given their new records a shot. The last few records, only the Lee song has been good, and this new one is just awful all around. They have nothing left, especially now that Jim O'Rourke is gone. And I'm sorry but Kim cannot sing, and Thurston masturbating a guitar is not music. And it's not that I don't appreciate noise, I love it, when it is done well. Kim's voice sounded good with the style of music they were doing circa Dirty, but now it is the most grating voice ever because it no longer works with the music and all their songs sound the same. Not to mention the lyrics have just gotten cheesier and cheesier as time goes on.
But please don't get me wrong, I really did used to like them a lot. I have a few set lists from their earlier shows and many of their records on vinyl. But every record they put out these days I just lose more and more respect for them, so please if you are listening, do us all a favor and just stop making half assed records because I want to remember you as you were, not as you are now. And no more of those wanky solo projects either (except Lee).
sorrybutitstrue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 03:52 PM   #2
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
stones? paper cup exit? unmade bed? empty page? disconnection notice? rain on tin? do your copies of murray street and nurse not have those tracks on it? They're all fine fine songs, they're just more laid back than earlier stuff. You can't keep making the same album for 25 years
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 03:52 PM   #3
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Haha. Word.
Old 06.14.2006, 04:01 PM   #4
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
did you make that username just for this thread? if so that's pretty genius.
i wouldn't have thought of that
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 04:02 PM   #5
sorrybutitstrue
empty page

sorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentata
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywinternoshow
stones? paper cup exit? unmade bed? empty page? disconnection notice? rain on tin? do your copies of murray street and nurse not have those tracks on it? They're all fine fine songs, they're just more laid back than earlier stuff. You can't keep making the same album for 25 years

I'm not saying that, obviously you aren't understanding what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that the last 4 or 5 albums lacked the edge that they once had and now what they do all sounds very similar. I have also noticed a correlation in the crappiness of the record and the increase in obnoxious/fake indie and punk fans that like them, who don't know anything about real music but are just liking them because they want their friends to think they are cool. So in response, no not for 25 years, but around 10.
sorrybutitstrue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 04:06 PM   #6
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
Why would people feel the need to continually post on a message board devoted to a band to tell them how they are sincerely unimpressed with them. It's fucking pathetic. Does anyone know of another site where fans exist?
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 04:08 PM   #7
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
Why would people feel the need to continually post on a message board devoted to a band to tell them how they are sincerely unimpressed with them. It's fucking pathetic. Does anyone know of another site where fans exist?

Blah Blah Blah. This isn't the "We love Sonic Youth so much we can't be disappointed by anything they put out" board. This is the Sonic Youth fan message board. I'm a Sonic Youth fan. That doesn't mean I have to like Rather Ripped or Nurse.

You are pathetic.
Old 06.14.2006, 04:32 PM   #8
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
I find it oddly pathetic that every time I'm on here (which is maybe about twenty minutes four times a week) you are on here with about a hundred posts. Dude, you're young and vital... go try to make something happen. It won't happen on a computer trying to nerdily hack into people you have online feuds with...

It's some mercy advice, chief!
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 04:37 PM   #9
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

LOL. Mercy advice? Idiot.

Contrary to proper belief I don't live on the internet. I spend a good amount of time on there between work and hanging out and late at night. I don't need sleep.

You are still an idiot for taking shots at people who don't like new SY simply because it is bland and uninteresting.
Old 06.14.2006, 05:04 PM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I for one would pay good money to see Thurston Moore masturbate a guitar for two hours.
Old 06.14.2006, 05:08 PM   #11
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 05:37 PM   #12
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
fine you don't have to like RR...

but to prove yourself of that point beyond reasonable means (like you are by also resorting to calling people idiots and pathetic)
makes you out to seem rather pathetic yourself, these are nonetheless assumptions based on the majority of your posts. Hayden, its too obvious that you are indeed young and think you are in the right and carry a hefty attitude, and it often comes out as reading like you have a "holyier than thou" perspective or may i say an ego problem.

look in the mirror dude.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 05:42 PM   #13
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Blah Blah Blah. This isn't the "We love Sonic Youth so much we can't be disappointed by anything they put out" board. This is the Sonic Youth fan message board. I'm a Sonic Youth fan. That doesn't mean I have to like Rather Ripped or Nurse.

You are pathetic.

Yeah, but the posts that are like pleas to a band to stop making a certain type of music because they don't like it and to start making records in the style they do like are pretty lame. Sonic Youth aren't here to satisfy any one person or any many people. They just did their best to put out a record they thought was good.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 05:45 PM   #14
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

holy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of light
do people join this forum just so they can bash on sonic youth? a waste of thread space.

holy-reverb!! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 05:46 PM   #15
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
wanker. ooops i meant to say welcome to the board
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 05:48 PM   #16
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
przepraszam that last post was meant for sorrybutitstrue in case i left any room for ambiguity
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 06:26 PM   #17
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
fine you don't have to like RR...

but to prove yourself of that point beyond reasonable means (like you are by also resorting to calling people idiots and pathetic)
makes you out to seem rather pathetic yourself, these are nonetheless assumptions based on the majority of your posts. Hayden, its too obvious that you are indeed young and think you are in the right and carry a hefty attitude, and it often comes out as reading like you have a "holyier than thou" perspective or may i say an ego problem.

look in the mirror dude.

I haven't been putting out shitty albums and even if I had been I couldn't tell by looking in the mirror. He called me pathetic first. You sir, are a complete idiot. I'm glad you have something in common with 95% percent of this board.

Sonic Youth could record them eating supper and release it as a new album and you'd all eat it up like it was the most innovative(yawn) album ever.
Old 06.14.2006, 08:17 PM   #18
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrybutitstrue
Hello everyone. I used to like Sonic Youth a whole lot, back when they were good. But they have not been good for a while now, in fact now they are extremely boring and unimaginitive. They sound like a shadow of their former creative selves. And I have given their new records a shot. The last few records, only the Lee song has been good, and this new one is just awful all around. They have nothing left, especially now that Jim O'Rourke is gone. And I'm sorry but Kim cannot sing, and Thurston masturbating a guitar is not music. And it's not that I don't appreciate noise, I love it, when it is done well. Kim's voice sounded good with the style of music they were doing circa Dirty, but now it is the most grating voice ever because it no longer works with the music and all their songs sound the same. Not to mention the lyrics have just gotten cheesier and cheesier as time goes on.
But please don't get me wrong, I really did used to like them a lot. I have a few set lists from their earlier shows and many of their records on vinyl. But every record they put out these days I just lose more and more respect for them, so please if you are listening, do us all a favor and just stop making half assed records because I want to remember you as you were, not as you are now. And no more of those wanky solo projects either (except Lee).
Sorry, but that's just your opinion. And, how old are you anyway? What kind of music do you like? Why do you say Kim cannot sing when many are saying that she has finally found her best singing voice in years? Are you somewhat disappointed that they will not re-release Confusion Is Sex? Or a thousand million variations of it at least? Are there not a billion bands out there who are already rehashing CiS + KYI in a million tired ways? Are you bitter that the one band who originated all the infinite, uncountable copycat noise rock bands in existence will not continue doing the same kind of music over and over again? Or do you just not like the band?
Old 06.14.2006, 09:00 PM   #19
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski

Agreed.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 09:35 PM   #20
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

NO. Idiots, I'm not dissapointed. I'm just really not impressed. I wasn't expecting much after Sonic Nurse.

I don't like how you have to like RR to be a 'true fan' or some shit.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth