Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you like scary movies?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.28.2006, 06:17 AM   #61
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
candyman scared me.

i went to see Candyman in the cinema and i swear to god i wasnt right for about 2 weeks after, my Dad even kept me outa school for a day or two and he would NEVER let that happen, i couldnt sleep, i was walking around the house turning on lights at 4 am in the morning, watching that snowy reception on the TV, ANYTHING to occupy my mind.

I was fucked up, thats how much of a Mary i am when it comes to horror flicks.
Old 10.12.2006, 05:05 AM   #62
UVRAY
bad moon rising

UVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's asses
I hope no one minds the new boy re-hashing an old thread.

Some people seemed disappointed but I thought the Rob Zombie directed House Of A 1000 Corpses was a really enjoyable comedy-horror film. And I liked the music too. I also enjoyed the "sequel" The Devils Rejects. Of course it was claimed that although it featured the same characters it wasn't a sequel at all. But Watching '1000 Corpses first would help you out in knowing what was going on. Both good films. The first one having the edge, I feel.

Certainly one of the greatest horror films ever made was Dario Argento's Suspiria. Not to everyone's taste, especially some younger people who have come to expect more in the way of special effects. But Suspiria is rightly considered a horror masterpiece and at times is truly chilling, relying on psychology rather than f/x. Though some of the scenes, especially that first butchery of the young girl, is indeed bloody, brutal and graphic.

Someone already mentioned the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Yes a thumbs up for that one too.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

UVRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 05:22 AM   #63
blue sunlover
stalker

blue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really nice
i love horror movies but they scare me.
i am going to watch one these days but it s not a horror movie . it s a real horror . it s called BASQUIAT(a movie from Julian Schnabel;2003)
the actors are Jeffrey Wright(as B),David Bowie (as A.W),Gary Oldman, Dennis Hopper and Courtney Love.
Old 10.12.2006, 07:07 AM   #64
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
'The Shinings' the best horror film ive seen, everything about it scares me. Ive also become scared of walking around my house cos i think the 2 girls will appear.
Check out 'American Werewolf in London' thats quite good. its quite funny too though (well it has got rik mayall in).
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 09:59 AM   #65
UVRAY
bad moon rising

UVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's asses
I don't actually think much of American Wearwolf In London. It has some funny parts in it. American Wearwolf In Paris was funnier though, I thought.

I never noticed Rik Mayall was in it.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

UVRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 10:00 AM   #66
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
The general consensus is always that Suspiria is the best Argento movie but i've always preferred Profondo Rosso(Deep Red) myself.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth