Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I Want To Bring Down All Financial Institutions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.25.2010, 07:29 PM   #21
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
leasing is the only smart car option in my opinion.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2010, 07:51 PM   #22
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ PSH! then pay overages for driving the car too much?

doubt it.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2010, 08:54 PM   #23
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^ PSH! then pay overages for driving the car too much?

doubt it.

I never reach their limits for miles (not even close). And I get a new car every 2 1/2 years. I win.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2010, 09:46 PM   #24
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
you need to drive more maaaaaan
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2010, 10:46 PM   #25
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses
i liked the red. the centering was old-fashioned, but poignant. your woes are over. you are free.
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 12:23 AM   #26
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
i'll help you destroy the financial institutions, seems like a good way to spend my time.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 09:35 AM   #27
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
that is fucking bulshit.

horrible.

go with a credit union. they are non-profit.

Thanx man we got it sorted out now. I should have the title in about 2 weeks.

Funny you should mention that. My bank that I have my checking account at was a credit union when I first started using them 15 years ago. About 5 years ago they voted to become a bank...and let me tell you. I was constantly having NSF fees in excessive amounts for things that were my fault, but they were really sneaky about how they did things. I know there are probably not many people who have not overdrawn there account at least once. You know you lose a reciept or forget that today is the day they automatically withdraw a bill or make a subtracting error when balancing. I had a payment go through that I was not aware of. You would think that when I tried to use the debt card again it would deny it, right? No they would let it go through and every time it ran through I was charged $36 plus a $5 negative account fee. They do not notify you that your funds are negative until 2 days later by mail. I check my account EVERY day either by phone or internet. (this is the only way I found this and immediatly went to the bank and gave them thier money)I ended up paying over a hundred dollars in fees for NSF of $15. I am starting to cash everything now and use money orders instead of checks. When you live check to check they make it nearly impossible to keep up with how each transaction posts or when they will post or memorize thier every fee and time things go into affect or how long they are going to hold your funds.

My point is, they have people out there figuring out ways to make extra profits from service fees. They intentionally try to confuse people, knowing that somewhere along the line they are going to pick up some more cash from you. I am not intentionaly trying to bounce anything. I am just trying to pay my bills and I am not perfect. I understand having fees for this type of thing, but it is not right for them to take advatage of people intentionally just because they can.

Coffee can buried in the back yard is the way to go.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 09:39 AM   #28
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
leasing is the only smart car option in my opinion.

Just don't go over your miles. My husband lost money on his truck when it was leased. We ended up paying twice what it was worth by the end of it all. They charge you big time for each mile you go over.

Old 01.26.2010, 09:39 AM   #29
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
you have to read everything you sign carefully, knowning that their main objective is to find ways to fuck you over, mostly, without being noticed.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 09:42 AM   #30
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
here's a craaaaaaaaaazy suggestion for you: keep making car payments like you're used to, but to a savings account. next time you want a new car, just dip into the account, pay cash, get deep discounts, earn interest in the meanwhile.

or: STASH GOLD.

Cash only man. Screw the banks. Not so crazy. I'm actually going to start making repairs on it now. Maintenance is required....then the money gets stashed away for our skate shop we're going to open. Setting goals making plans.

Old 01.26.2010, 09:43 AM   #31
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
you have to read everything you sign carefully, knowning that their main objective is to find ways to fuck you over, mostly, without being noticed.

Read that fine print. It's fine for a reason.

Old 01.26.2010, 10:06 AM   #32
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
a while ago i noticed my bank was charging me a small amount every month that i hadn't noticed. i called them and they were charging me for special cheques i never ordered.

another ocasion they turned my debit card into a credit card and started charging me a fee as well.

and other times they will design your bank statement so you think the amount they are willing to "loan" you as overdraft is actually part of your income.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 01:10 PM   #33
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
if you can use a credit union by means use a credit union. Here's a true story to tell you the difference. I was in a bad way with the dope and I found a ATM that would give me money on Wednesday nite when it posted even though Thursday was payday trouble was it didn't register and again on Thursday I'd get the same money out of the credit union when I went to work. All told I owed them 3600.00 bucks. Not only did they not have me arrested or demand payment that day. They allowed me to refinance my
car and allow me to basically pay them back monthly. I never did finish paying them off they did eventual reposses the car which was a wreck mechanically by then. Never prosecuted me just wrote off as a bad debt.
Name one bank that would do that.
Old 01.26.2010, 02:18 PM   #34
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
They are total thieves. They are far more oppressive than any totalitarian regime.

They make a mockery of values.

The word is to everyone, don't buy anything and you will be free...

RN
Old 01.27.2010, 02:07 AM   #35
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, debt sucks. I'm only 21 and have a $500 car payment plus 2 credit cards nearly maxed out. That's a lot for a college student delivering pizzas. Seems like every time I get some extra cash something always comes up. The day I pay off my car will be the happiest of my life.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2010, 02:15 AM   #36
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
And yeah, getting fucked by the banks/credit companies sucks. But I'm always on top of that stuff generally. A lot of times I have fucked up, I managed to get the fees reversed since I rarely fuck up. But maybe once or twice I had to pay. It was like $40 each time. I was so bummed; that's a lot of money for me.

So many people I know mess up with that stuff all the time though, accumulating fees and paying hundreds of dollars for overdrafting or late payments. I mean, that's just stupid and careless. I would lose it if I ever had to throw that much money away. It just amazes me how many people do this.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2010, 07:25 AM   #37
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
why is it all in red? im gonna struggle to read it now.

Why complain? It matches the colour of your hair.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2010, 08:02 AM   #38
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Thatcher and Ronnie. What a great couple they made. I'm sure a book will come out in the near future spilling the beans on their passionate affair.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2010, 10:51 AM   #39
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
the idea behind banks, stock market, financial instruments was good*.

companies take money (loans from banks, issue stocks) to make investments and grow--> create more jobs for people--> they have money and they consume---> growth and back again to the cicle.
derivatives were initially born, for example in order for producers to protect themselves, the prices of their products, from weather risk.

greed, corruption, lack of education/knowledge and unwillingness to get some, human nature in general has fucked everything up.

* i dont analyze the parametre of how today's world functions. i take that as a given and based on that, i said that the idea was good. or at least reasonable.

on personal account, i m soo miserable at work. when i say to my mom and i know im unfair to her, that my job is worthless, its air, that i dont offer anything to society, she doesnt agree but she hasnt given me any good argument to back this up.
and now the prospect of going back to work at a bank, makes me puke.
i had made promise to myself not to go back, only if i really had to.
my job there was credit analyst, which idea is again good, but i saw so much greed and corruption and bad quality of people, that it completely broke my spirit. no need to mention that the disease that is called greed, is 10 times more in my current occupation.
i know that my way of thinking isnt helping. and who knows, maybe at any job, i wouldnt be satisfied, but then who is? apart from that, the above are facts.

Girl you gotta do what you gotta do to survive these days. The only reason I have a job in this economy is because of unnessesary Government spending (which i think Obama is trying to put a hold on). I don't really agree with this but I have a family to feed, and it took 2 years to find this job. I work for a furniture dealership who sells them all of thier furnitur for the Naval bases. I am already starting to see a decrease in furniture requests and it is kind of scary because that is the only client that had kept us really going last year.

Old 01.27.2010, 11:16 AM   #40
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
Yeah, debt sucks. I'm only 21 and have a $500 car payment plus 2 credit cards nearly maxed out. That's a lot for a college student delivering pizzas. Seems like every time I get some extra cash something always comes up. The day I pay off my car will be the happiest of my life.

That is how it all started with me. Just 2 credit cards. Before you know it your drowning in debt. It is very difficult when your in school and working. Hats off to ya. Be careful they prey on the young.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth