Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Holy Crap Lightning Bolt
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.08.2007, 01:29 PM   #1
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i saw Lightning Bolt last night for the first time. absolute best show i've ever been to.

two friends and i drove down to Portland to see them at Satyricon (six hours of driving on four hours of sleep). we missed the first two bands because we had to get food, but saw Danava (who were fucking awesome). as soon as they were finished, LB started setting up to the right of the stage. their amps were already in place and they just started moving the drums and effects into place as soon as Danava were done. everyone started crowding around the band to get a good spot; my friend Brian (cosmokramer on here) and i decided to go up on the stage to get a better view. unfortunately, about thirty other people had the same idea. however, we were able to situate ourselves directly behind the PA and above Brian G. which was a perfect vantage point to see the band and the audience. the band was absolutely crazy and the crowd (which my friend Sean was still a part of) was insane. i don't think i've ever sweat that much in my life.

the new songs sounded great and i can't wait for the next record.

and my ears are fucked.
Old 04.08.2007, 01:34 PM   #2
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, sounds like a blast. I can't wait. I'm going to be seeing them on this coming Friday the 13th.

So they played mostly new material then?
Old 04.08.2007, 02:14 PM   #3
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
So they played mostly new material then?

about half old and half new. all of it was excellent though.
Old 04.08.2007, 03:22 PM   #4
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, I can't wait to move to Portland so I can see stuff like this!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth