Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Boyd Rice Presents Music For Pussycats
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.15.2007, 07:05 AM   #1
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
The IRA Likes Girls

Dig ye this. A bunch of girl group sub-classics. The Nuggets of chick rock. Other than mayyybe the Lori Burton track, you probably haven't heard or heard of any of these.

I'm a big fan of the girl group production sound. Cinematic orchestrations, huge non-close mic'ed drums, gobs of echo. They could put Bono on top of that sound, and I could find a way to dig it.

This CD has about as bad a mastering job as I've heard. Probably, some of this is due to beat-to-shit source material. Still, the recording levels are so far in the red that it gets in the way of enjoying the records. I don't know what to say about this, other than you'll have to find the singles yourself to hear them in better fidelity. I'd rather hear a poorly mastered gem than a highly refined turd, anyway.

http://rapidshare.com/files/15411924/Boyd_Rice.rar

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth