Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What do you love/hate about music right now?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.23.2008, 09:45 AM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
maybe they are awesome live, I wouldn't know. Some bands are great live but I hate their records (like the Locust).

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 09:50 AM   #22
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Love that changes in technology have allowed more bands to go their own way without much industry involvement

Hate the ongoing conservatism of 90% of 'indie' fans.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 10:12 AM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Liars live and was very underwhelmed, but I do not know if they ahd an off night or if opening up for Interpol made them listless and boring, because interpol's dullness is contagious, but Liars played a boring hald assed 45 minute set. no interest in seeing them again, especially after hearing two of their releases.
Old 06.23.2008, 12:05 PM   #24
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Love:

- that, having fallen out of love with the guitar, I'm not heading down the mid-to-late 20s route of only listening to the odd Stereophonics record once every 6 monhts.
- That both of my housemates are into music that I simply wouldn't ever give the time to, much of it amazing.
- That I've re-discovered my love for live music.
- That I live in a city where there's not too much music (cf London) but not too little (my parochial backwash hometown).
- That I've found ways to make a regular record-buying habit affordable.
- That I've lost the pathological desire to listen to everything new.
- That, every now and then, I'll hear something amazing and new.

Hate:

- Talking about it in the real world, with rare exceptions.
- The general idiocy of everyone except for (and including) me with their (my) musical opinions
- Slap bass
- The word 'wacky'
- Comedy music that isn't funny
- 'Canonical' rock music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 02:56 PM   #25
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
in the 80s, you could read a hundred articles about the replacements and rem every week

is that your memory of the 80s?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 03:41 PM   #26
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I just wish I had more time to listen to and enjoy music.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 03:56 PM   #27
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Its hard for me to say, since I'm stuck in culture death houston suburbs.

My impression is that Soulja boy is the be all end all for the typical white suburban kid pussies who enjoy the ocassional magical negro to add variety to their musical diet of Toby Keith and Rascall Flats....
The be all end all of rock where I live is basically teh chili peppers and foo fighters, and the occasional "hipster" who managed to find the postal service... XD Everyone thinks my music is weird as hell.

And yeah this may be off topic on some level, but I'm sharing my perspective of hte current musical landscape XD

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 04:00 PM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
drive into the nether regions in the shadow of H-town.
that's where I roll.
Old 06.23.2008, 04:02 PM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
you know what i love? that caroliner is still together. ... right?

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 06:10 PM   #30
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I am fucking disgusted at just how close-minded and unwilling to expand and diversify the modernday music industry has become. Everything is dumbed down, aggravatingly formulaic and vacant of spirit.

Somehow beyond this an uprising of unsigned and dare I say 'independent' bands have skyrocketed it's way into the mindsets of the general public, through an advancement of technology, and a shift in focus focus by a general clique of young aspiring and hopeful, yet contrived aristocrats and struggling musicians.

But from a spectator's eye, the music industry is nearly more fucked and idiotic than it has ever been before and is allowing itself to tragically rot from the inside out.

I predict another revolution of intellectually certified musicianship coming right before the absolute peak of corporate drone.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 06:18 PM   #31
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i'm not sure if i hate anything, or at least i'm sufficiently successful in shielding myself from that which i hate that i have forgotten that i hate it.

actually, that thread reminded me, i do despise the kills
Old 06.23.2008, 06:35 PM   #32
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Trying to think of a band I really hate is quite hard really. Probably anything that's had Paul Weller involved at some point.
Old 06.23.2008, 06:36 PM   #33
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
You can't hate The Jam surely?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 06:43 PM   #34
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Well that's the problem, I sort of don't. I don't like them much, but certainly don't hate them either. Everything after that I do though. I mean hating The Style Council is pretty straightforward.

EDIT: God i can't even say that I hate The Style Council because I quite like Walls Come Tumbling Down.
Old 06.23.2008, 07:03 PM   #35
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

don't worry, i hate the jam
Old 06.23.2008, 08:18 PM   #36
charles eugene
bad moon rising

charles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
The be all end all of rock where I live is basically teh chili peppers

I wish i could get some more chili fans where i live, all the people listen to around here is either that crazy fast double bass drum and pig squealing shit or fuckin lil wayne(the mans a beast but hes gettin old real fast) or hellogoodbye happy emoish "cute" music.

I love there is alot more freedom for artists to do what they want and that its easier for artists or people that like to make music do things and actually make a decent living(kinda) with that. like the internet and technology, it doesnt take as much to make a good recording and put out on da world wide web.

charles eugene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 08:22 PM   #37
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles eugene
I wish i could get some more chili fans where i live, all the people listen to around here is either that crazy fast double bass drum and pig squealing shit or fuckin lil wayne(the mans a beast but hes gettin old real fast) or hellogoodbye happy emoish "cute" music.

I love there is alot more freedom for artists to do what they want and that its easier for artists or people that like to make music do things and actually make a decent living(kinda) with that. like the internet and technology, it doesnt take as much to make a good recording and put out on da world wide web.
yeah we've got enough of that to.... I like the chili peppers, but I associate them with the jocks quite a bit : /

Old 06.23.2008, 08:27 PM   #38
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

A band as genuinley angry as say.. Black Flag couldn't exist in today's musical climate. The anger that you heard in those records and live came from shitty touring conditions, the frustrations of living from dollar to dollar, and an overall state of alienation... all of those things are taken away by the easy accesability and use of the internet.

The internet has taken away the need for extensive guerilla promotion (another interesting facet of the Flag), for a band to be truly hated but still try, in essence it takes some of the passion and effort out of making music. Sure its a great convenience and takes away some of the above mentioned troubles, but on an artistic level, I'm gonna have to dispute the helpfulness of the internet.

The internet really really takes away some of the joy of finding things through exploring, I'd much rather find a band by taking a chance at a record store, rather than clicking on some band's site because I saw that it got a million hits.

And with the internet being the defining object of everything these days, music included, I'm gonna classify this as an argument against music's current path.

Old 06.23.2008, 08:27 PM   #39
charles eugene
bad moon rising

charles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's asses
Ha! thats funny, do they rock out to the chilis before the big game?

charles eugene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2008, 08:30 PM   #40
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I love that the reggae scene in Los Angeles just wont day, you can see all the legendary artists EVERY year, year after year, and some of these brethren are getting old!

I hate that everyone thinks they know about music, when so many people have little to know experience with the shit, and so they are idiots.

on this same line of thinking, I hate that everyone has some Ipod now, as if they all just love music that much. I have been dedicated with my headphones since the day, years solid, and I hate to look like all these weirdos who suddenly pull out their ipod on the bus like, "oh yeah, i got music to listen to?.." no shit asshole! I-man have been as dedicated to music as wearing shoes! I could never forget to put on my music, cuz it is ALWAYS on my ears, and so, I hate music lover pousers, who floss music players for novelty or even worse, status. I-pod=exploitation of music by the masses, even worse then radio, especially when you look at what is on these ipods...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth