Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Basketball Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.28.2015, 08:55 AM   #501
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Series & Season Over

James Harden's 8 turnovers in the 1st half ties for most by any player in any half of playoff game in last 15 years......ended with 13 for the game.

By comparison, Harden had 11 turnovers in WCF games 1-4 (155 minutes, 20 secs played). Then had 13 turnovers in game 5 (43:15 played)

Hard to believe Rockets were in a game that Harden had a playoff record tying 11 turnovers - but after 3, Houston was only down 74-68.

In WCF, Harden (12-28), Ariza (10-23) & Smith (10-25) each hit 40% or better on 3's......teammates combined to make just 10-50 (20%)

Stephen Curry to James Harden: "You Pushed Me All Season Long."

Stephen Curry now has the NBA records for most postseason threes in a four-game series (20), five-game series (27) and six-game series (26).

Warriors were able to use 3 very different primary defenders (Andre, Barnes, Klay) on James Harden over 5 game series......that was huge for them!

Like the 4th Q against the LA Clippers, I was hoping McHale would keep Harden on the bench in the 4th Q last night.

Steve Kerr: "Iguodala might have had the greatest 6-point game I've ever seen. We put him on James a lot......his D on Harden was key to game."

Rockets couldn't capitalize on:

Curry's ineffectiveness
Klay Thompson foul trouble / head injury
Draymond Green having his worst game of the series

Congrats GSW!

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2015, 09:51 AM   #502
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
There you go with another one of your predictions. Any basketball veteran knows a series isn't a series until a team loses a home game. Being a veteran, I'll make my first prediction......Golden State better win Game 3, because if they don't, it's going back to Oakland all tied up!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2015, 09:28 AM   #503
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

Hey - you didn't change, edit or delete this one like you've done some of the other replies.

When you get knocked out of the playoffs, you go fishing and attend Astro games:

Speaking of the Rockets, here are some "needs attention" in the off season:

Old 06.05.2015, 09:37 AM   #504
Bytor Peltor
Banned

LeBron drops 44 (just like Harden) and it wasn't enough (just like Rockets)

King James improved to 1-9 in Game One Road Games of a playoff series......losing by an average of 10+ points.

After LeBron tied the game at 96 with 2:38 remaining in the 4th, here is what the Cavs shot selection looked like:

It appears that Steph Curry will continue playing against backups and injured players all playoffs......not that I think it would matter all that much!

Kerr on his first Finals game as a coach: "It was great. This is so much fun. This is what we all dream of."

Time to wait for Game Two......on Sunday

^^^top left picture (right of Curry)......is that Reverend Jessie Jackson
Old 06.05.2015, 11:52 AM   #505
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking shit kyrie going down is just ridiculous bad luck (with a dash of bad coaching).. Lebrron is officially John Elway now and the Finals just got too boring to waste time watching..

Old 06.05.2015, 12:07 PM   #506
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The Warrior fanbase is gonna flip out! I remember like it was yesterday the 94 Rockets win vs. Knickerbockers and the feeling of overwhelming joy and RELIEF at finally being CHAMPIONS>

The sweep the year later was even better.

Go Warriors.

BTW, Monday 6-8-2015 on NBA TV documentary about the 1994-1995 Rockets airs - CLUTCH CITY
Old 06.05.2015, 01:23 PM   #507
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Meh.. im not hating on Warriors, neither suggesting an asterisk or anything, but a boring Finals is a boring Finals. Last year was a boring Finals, this year will be a boring Finals without Kyrie, period. Id honestly rather watch replays of the Dream Rockets than this shit

Old 06.08.2015, 01:15 PM   #508
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
two OT games, series tied 1-1. Not boring yet
Old 06.08.2015, 02:30 PM   #509
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I was surprised like a muthafucker! Delly shut Curry down.

That was a 90s Finals game right there, pure grit and balls.

Old 06.08.2015, 04:15 PM   #510
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
lol @ the refs last night. that jump ball stuff was kinda nonsense. and a few totally missed calls. but yeah, finally a "fun" game of these playoffs (minus i guess the last clippers/spurs game)- dellavedova shutting down curry was massively entertaining
Old 06.09.2015, 09:53 AM   #511
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Per ABC Sports: Game One of the 2015 NBA Finals was the most viewed Finals Game since ABC started airing them.

Quote:

First time EVER the first two games of the NBA Finals went to OT

GSW are now 8-2 at home in the NBA Postseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
That was a 90s Finals game right there, pure grit and balls.

Very reminicent of Piston / Knicks 90's smash-mouth......one of the strangest postseason games I've ever watched.

Jerry West calls Steph Curry, "the most unique player I've ever seen." Says Curry replaced Magic for him in that regard. I believe we will see that Steph Curry in a mighty way to close out the series.

I'm so glad we only had to wait until tonight for Game Three.
Old 06.09.2015, 10:53 AM   #512
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Steph is a crazy 3 shooter but jerry west is talking out of his ass.. curry's career is to small for best ever of anything.. also sure he shoots the 3 but what about the midrange? Hook shots on layups? Until the guy demonstrably expands his game i ain't calling him best ever aside from maybe best 3pt shooter..

And that isn't hating by the way, i like steph curry.

Speaking of jerry west, lebrons 44+39 are most in consecutive Finals Games since The Logo did it in the 60s.. win or lose we are witnessing greatness

Old 06.10.2015, 09:50 AM   #513
Bytor Peltor
Banned

The 37 first-half points are a season-low for the Warriors......their 100th game of the season.

GSW trail 2-1 for the second time this post season.

Cavaliers improve to 7-1 at home this postseason......have won 5 straight at The Q.

At the half, LeBron had 13 points and 9 boards, while Curry had just 3 points.......17 of Curry's 27 points in the fourth quarter

LeBron made 6 shots in 1st half (6-17) - same as Warriors starters combined (6-27).

LeBron James has missed 64 shots (43-107, 40.2%) in 1st 3 games. Steph Curry has attempted 63 shots (25-63, 39.7%).

I kept wondering if the NBA was going to step up it's anti-bullying campaign......all that bodying had Curry off his game.

Did Matthew Dellavedova dive at Draymond Green’s knees?

LeBron now with 44, 39 and 40 points over the first three games of the NBA Finals.......most ever! (passing Rick Berry)

Game One: 44 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists (18-38 FG)
Game Two: 39 points, 16 rebounds, 11 assists (11-35 FG)
Game Three: 40 points, 12 rebounds, 8 assists (14-34 FG)

Cavaliers: 4-0 this postseason in games that both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love do not play......2-0 vs. ATL, 2-0 vs. GSW.

In NBA Finals history, the Game 3 winner of a series tied 1-1 has gone on to win the series 84 percent of the time.

Warriors have not had the lead after ANY quarter in the NBA Finals......only led after OT of Game 1.

Kobe Bryant: "Cavs playing as if their life is on the line G.S playing as if they have more NBAFinals down the line."

LeBron on Matthew Dellavedova: "If the ball is on the ground, he's going be the first guy to the ground."

Dellavedova was scheduled for podium, but was announced he was receiving treatment for cramping so was not available to media.

The Johnny Football jinx could raise it's head before all is said and done!

Old 06.10.2015, 10:00 AM   #514
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Bytor, did you get to see the Clutch City Doc on NBA TV? Awesome.

I was screaming like it was 20 years ago watching the clips of the Kiss of Death and Dream doing his magic Dream Shake....

I remember the insane emotions!
Old 06.10.2015, 10:31 AM   #515
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Bytor, did you get to see the Clutch City Doc on NBA TV? Awesome.

I was screaming like it was 20 years ago watching the clips of the Kiss of Death and Dream doing his magic Dream Shake....

I remember the insane emotions!

Unfortunately, I have yet to see it. We don't get NBA TV, however, my cousin does and she said her husband recorded it, so I hope to watch in the near future. In the last two weeks, I've heard radio interviews with Mad Max, OT and Sam Cassell......it was great listening to those guys reminisce about the Championship years.

They turned the Wortham Center Rocket Red for the Clutch City premiere.
Old 06.10.2015, 10:50 AM   #516
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

It was great. TONS of behind the scenes stuff I had never seen before.

One story

Vernon Maxwell is talking about how he was a very unstable, angry player on the court, and how he would often stay that way off the court. He said that when he would get mad he would spit on the floor in disgust, and he did that in the locker room. Dream called him out and said something like "Max, why do you spit? That is disrespectful. Do not spit around me."
and of course, Mad Max goes ahead and spits again. He says Dream stood up, walked over to where Mad Max was sitting at his locker, said nothing, and col'cocked a hard slap across Vernon's face!!! No one said shit!
Old 06.10.2015, 10:51 AM   #517
Bytor Peltor
Banned

I heard something on Houston Sports Radio yesterday regarding a topic that possibly could offend some. It has been a "trend" on Twitter, well, just below the surface with it's own set of hashtags.

Anyway......is this happening in the black community?

Old 06.10.2015, 11:00 AM   #518
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Utah and Boston are usually the "whitest" teams in NBA
Old 06.10.2015, 02:09 PM   #519
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Dude.. Lebron just morphed into a combo of 93 Finals MJ (you know where Jordan decided to take Barkley's MVP personal) and 81 Finals Magic

Wade was just looking stunned at Lebron in the postgame on SportsCenter.. even if cavs lose we are seeing something unique.. i was totally wrong and am happy to be so

Old 06.10.2015, 02:54 PM   #520
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I always thought LeBron was a great combination of Magic and Karl Malone. a monster.
232425 26 27282936 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth