Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bebo website bullies drive 13 year old kid to suicide because of his music taste
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.12.2008, 08:19 AM   #21
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by █████████
survival of the fittest internet tough guys?
It's the way of the 21st century yo!
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 08:26 AM   #22
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
It's the way of the 21st century yo!
well, i still jerk off manually.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 08:31 AM   #23
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
death of the weak 13 y.o. immature childs, survival of the fittest internet tough guys?

the point is that at school if you are being bullied there's not much you can do if other kids are out to get you, you can't escape. if you're on the internet and people are sending you messages and it's upseting you then turn off the computer. it seems to me that this kid must have pesisted in using bebo even though it was making his life a misery, which seems really stupid.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 08:38 AM   #24
sarramkrop

Tough guy or not, you are a wuss if you let comments on the internet upset you to the extent that you take your own life. Period.

There was something on that Panorama tv program about kids and internet pervs. This girl was chatting to someone that *drum rolls* was called Fluffy Bunny or something similar who turned out to be a 40 year old dutch paedo and was asking her some seriously creepy questions about herself.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 08:43 AM   #25
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
the point is that at school if you are being bullied there's not much you can do if other kids are out to get you, you can't escape. if you're on the internet and people are sending you messages and it's upseting you then turn off the computer. it seems to me that this kid must have pesisted in using bebo even though it was making his life a misery, which seems really stupid.
yes, but nowadays for a lot of kids it's as hard to walk away from the internet as from the kids in the park.
for them, socially, it's as important, possibly even more, to "be" in the internet as it is to be in the park.
Old 06.12.2008, 08:46 AM   #26
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Tough guy or not, you are a wuss if you let comments on the internet upset you to the extent that you take your own life. Period.
you're talking about a 13 y.o. child living in the internet age.
Old 06.12.2008, 08:47 AM   #27
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'm calling bullshit.

since when do emos require a bully to push them over the edge??
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 08:52 AM   #28
sarramkrop

Quote:
you're talking about a 13 y.o. child living in the internet age.

We all live in the internet age and we all still have to face people physically as well as mentally in the real world, wether you are a 13 year old or older. Chances are that whoever brought up this kid didn't teach them where certain boundaries start when it comes to certain things.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 09:09 AM   #29
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i've always known that i have driven away people from here, but now i wonder, how far? to another website or the railroad tracks?

on the one hand, the so-called bullies are human parasites that shouldn't exist because of lack of compassion and whatnot; but humans are all built like that, i think everyone has been a bully at least once, even unintentionally. so it's a fucking fact of life (like porky said, something the parents should have told this here child).

on the other misanthropic side, the less weakminded people alive in the world the better.

then again, i think this kid and people like him would have killed himself regardless of the reason.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 09:11 AM   #30
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
then again, i think this kid and people like him would have killed himself regardless of the reason.

Yes.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 09:14 AM   #31
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yes, but nowadays for a lot of kids it's as hard to walk away from the internet as from the kids in the park.
for them, socially, it's as important, possibly even more, to "be" in the internet as it is to be in the park.

speaking of, where's king buzzo been lately?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 09:25 AM   #32
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

so, no, i dont think this kid was stupidier than most other kids. and yes, obviously the parents have a huge share of blame.
though, i think, because of the increased social importance of the internet this migth happen to any normal child with normal parents (aware of internet bullying).
and the people to blame should be the same as in real world: the parents, the environment (in real life: schools, etc. ; in the internet: websites, etc.) and the bullies, yes the bullies, because they are aware of the significance internet as nowadays and should measure their actions just like people do in real life.
Old 06.12.2008, 09:28 AM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
children (anyone under19-20) make all their decisions through the emotional cortex of their brain. This has been researched and verified repeatedly.

It is not until age 20-21 for men, and earlier for women, that the logical, rational decision making part of the human brain is at the forefront.

as you younger folk get older you will notice this occurring. you will wonder why you made such stupid impulsive decisions as a youngster and you will realize it was becauise you were not thinking your decisions through, instead you were basing your decisions upon the emotional subtext of the decisions

that old 70's cliche, which is actually a childish statement
If It FeelS Good Do It
and vice versa

if it does nto feel god, do not do it

an adult will do things when they do not feel good because they ahve to be done, and will NOT do some things that do feel good because his rational brain will help him understand that it is a bad choice.

a 13 year old kid, especially one who "feels" he has nothing but his music (I was there too man) and very few friends (I was also there too) can have his heart/emotions crushed because of something like incessant bulying and derision heaped at his music.

I feel bad for the kid and his family, and I hope anyone that made fun of him feels pangs of guilt so bad that their lives become wasted wrecks and they commit suicide sometime around age 53 after a life of failure and misery.
Old 06.12.2008, 09:29 AM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and this whole thing ahs nothing to do with the internet.
it could just as easily have happened with bullying at school or in his neighbrhood. the net was just the medium.
Old 06.12.2008, 09:31 AM   #35
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
rob raises some good points, but you're just generalizing.

i knew plenty of suicidal people in junior high school/hs and most of the were a lot more rational than people without those urges.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 09:38 AM   #36
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

you have no idea where their mind was at though man.

anything sounds rational to a teenager when they are both speaking IRRATIONALITIES!
Old 06.12.2008, 09:38 AM   #37
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

either way I hope the guys who did that to him die a slow and painful death, and suffer thorugh a long and painful life.
Old 06.12.2008, 09:40 AM   #39
sarramkrop

Internet = potentially a social networking tool.

Social life = where human relations are interwined in their natural and disparate ways.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 09:40 AM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

when one has no basis to talk specifics it is the smart and proper thing to do to keep one's comments as generalities, dig?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth