Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you trust the mental sanity of some people on the internet?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.12.2007, 03:25 PM   #1
sarramkrop

I wonder about it rarely, but then I don't make it a habit of meeting people off the internet, and most certainly not for sex or else. I just feel odd when you hear of people who got married because they met on the internet, or something like that. I could never do something like that, unless I was drugged up to my eyeballs.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 03:34 PM   #2
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I just feel odd when you hear of people who got married because they met on the internet, or something like that. I could never do something like that, unless I was drugged up to my eyeballs.

I was friends in high school with a girl, (Stephanie was her name) who 'met' a guy in the internet when she was a Freshmen in high school. He lived in Florida and always talked about how as soon as they both graduated they would marry. Every one thought she was crazy (which in truth she was, and thats why I liked her) and that there was no way anything like that would actually happen, considering they'd never even met.

Don't you know, he flew up here the day after graduation and they married. I've not seen her in years, but I understand they are still married and have two kids.

I don't get it.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 03:39 PM   #3
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
for what ever reason the wording of the thread title made me chuckle

i certainly think about it alot the more i read certain forums, it is interesting cause i have met about 25 people who have posted here in the last 6 years, and it's weird seeing i find to be friends of mine or acquaintances clash with others i have met

i really have thought it over many times over many different people like kenji (personally i think some white powder had a hand in it) or others or mr blabberscrotch who just erupted over nothing, then having talked to for something that i didn't like initially it's weird to get warped when it turns out "hey maybe this person is only an asshole in the safety of online chatter, but is quite nice in person"

i guess it's too easy to generalize much (although some mowing some lawn all day kinda stick out and stick together) so it's case to case for me
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 03:43 PM   #4
sarramkrop

I mentioned the married bit because on Sunday I was talking to my brother's ex girlfirend, and she too married a guy off the internet. They seem happy and everything, but what puzzles me is the fact that she is a very gorgeous looking, smart girl, so there wasn't any apparent reason for her to go that route. I still respect whatever decision someone makes for themselves. I just don't fully get it either.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 03:44 PM   #5
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I was friends in high school with a girl, (Stephanie was her name) who 'met' a guy in the internet when she was a Freshmen in high school. He lived in Florida and always talked about how as soon as they both graduated they would marry. Every one thought she was crazy (which in truth she was, and thats why I liked her) and that there was no way anything like that would actually happen, considering they'd never even met.

Don't you know, he flew up here the day after graduation and they married. I've not seen her in years, but I understand they are still married and have two kids.

I don't get it.

that reminds me of a girl i knew in high school, she was very nice, but wild, she flirted (more like teasing) around with me, then dropped out with some loser, then like a year ago, i found her on myspace under a different name, as a model named Angelique and she has been doing many magazine spreads and the like, not to mention some of the more erotic variety, which is kinda odd to see that, but she kinda did seem the type in retrospect, and oh yeah she is engaged to the brother of another classmate from that school so weird all around
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 03:45 PM   #6
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I've met some great people through the internet. To me, its kind of an extension of friendships developed through penpals from MRR or Flipside classifieds. I think the people seeking sex over the net are looking to get hurt though. It is very convenient though.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 03:48 PM   #7
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I've met some great people through the internet. To me, its kind of an extension of friendships developed through penpals from MRR or Flipside classifieds. I think the people seeking sex over the net are looking to get hurt though. It is very convenient though.
That true. I should point out that it's more people who look for romance or sex that I'm curious about. And I'm fully aware that if you sleep around a lot, sooner or later something unpleasant is bound to happen, internet or not.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 03:51 PM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
you never know how you will mee t someone that you fall in love with. it could be an old chum, online, at a bookstore, or as an enemy. you never know.

meeting someone on the net is like getting someone's phone number from a friend and building up a relationship talking on the phone.

My ex-wife's cousin met his wife online. she was a grad student in new zealand. they have been married for years and have a beautiful daughter.

I bet we could get some of the crazy bastards on here and have a FANTASTIC record night
I use a portable playstation bag to carry records in.
we could get chout, and !@#$%! and sarramkrop and all you freaky deakys and play recordsd all night. those wbho drink can drink, those who smoke can smoke with me and those who do other stuff can do other stuff. we could spend a week rocking out
Old 06.12.2007, 04:07 PM   #9
sarramkrop

For as long as everyone would rehearse the script before meeting me, that would be fine. My spokesperson isn't keen on questions that I have been asked millions of times before either.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 04:13 PM   #10
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
For as long as everyone would rehearse the script before meeting me, that would be fine. My spokesperson isn't keen on questions that I have been asked millions of times before either.

Was that your "spokesperson" accusing me of having bumsex with another boardie? Tell your "person" that I bet that they're a bitch, and they'd like to suck it.
Old 06.12.2007, 05:23 PM   #11
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
my dad met a great woman online.
Old 06.12.2007, 05:27 PM   #12
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Was that your "spokesperson" accusing me of having bumsex with another boardie? Tell your "person" that I bet that they're a bitch, and they'd like to suck it.

I'm sorry. You'll have to redirect your questions to her, so that I can absorb them and then decide that they aren't even worth answering.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 05:29 PM   #13
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
The internet isn't as odd and creepy as it once was (I know, I know, we just expelled a paedophile from the board).

I've made some good friends in this forum, some of whom I've had the privelege of trading cassettes with in the monthly mix tapes projects. The folks posting here are generally nice people and I'm glad I signed up and got to know them. It gives me some faith in humanity, anyway.

For years I've had a 'penpal' via the internet, and because I was a recluse in my childhood and early teens, having somebody far away to write to was the only way I ever got anything sorted out in my head. She and I, through writing to eachother, became close friends, and I got to go visit her last summer and it was very nice. I don't know about marriage, but good friendships can easily flourish online.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 05:41 PM   #14
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I actually don't consider all of you to be actually real people. You're all more like blocks of words with unique personality traits that I associate with a bizarre name. The "post a picture of yourself" is just as much fiction as those stock photos that you find in frame for sale. Doesn't mean I think any less of you, my digital puppets.

Willful ignorance or a joke.... the latter.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 05:41 PM   #15
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Im still pretty suspicious of the internet and people on it. I dont post on any other forums beside this one. but the other year i was in a student hall and out of 20 odd people i was the only one without a computer, so its pretty clear that everyone uses it now. Ive met people over MSN who were freinds of freinds and im still freinds with some of them now. I wouldnt look for relationships online, but maybe in a few years that will be the optimum way of doing things, who knows
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2007, 06:21 PM   #16
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
i use msn and skype to keep in touch with people that i meet when i work on a good gig, it is much cheaper than the phone thats for sure
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 12:00 AM   #17
Jenmarie
empty page

Jenmarie has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i blame the internets.

for finding weirdos.

or for finding cool great people.
swa for example :P

but he'll tell ya we met at a sonic youth show. which is true. more formally on line.
Jenmarie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 12:01 AM   #18
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
the answer I believe, is....hell no
Old 06.13.2007, 12:21 AM   #19
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
good friendships can easily flourish online.

i met you!
Old 06.13.2007, 01:26 AM   #20
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
iv met a few of my good friends via the internet and have made some cool relationships with people through the internet. The people on the internet are just the same people walking around the city.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth