Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page My New Favorite Band!!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.01.2006, 06:48 PM   #21
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
wow, i really feel bad for you. being all stuck up and serious about music all the time.

you can't accept the fact that people may like something for the sake of fun. what a shame.

You like GWAR, don't you? Insane Clown Posse? It's only right that you feel sorry for me, because I'm sincerely sorry for you. Like I said, in the 80's it was fun. That ship has sailed.
Old 06.01.2006, 10:07 PM   #22
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
ANIMETAL 4 LYFE!!!

and for your understanding: the band dresses like that not because they want to be poison or kiss even, it's because they cover theme songs of JAPANESE CARTOONS and they try to get the looks of JAPANESE CARTOON CHARACTERS. like the futuristic hero types.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 10:09 PM   #23
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
It is actually a stream. I'm searching for it right now. It was an amazing set.
Old 06.01.2006, 10:10 PM   #24
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.abunai.com/t6/

There ya go, marley. You have trance feedback to thank.
Old 06.01.2006, 10:15 PM   #25
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
ANIMETAL 4 LYFE!!!

and for your understanding: the band dresses like that not because they want to be poison or kiss even, it's because they cover theme songs of JAPANESE CARTOONS and they try to get the looks of JAPANESE CARTOON CHARACTERS. like the futuristic hero types.

I understand that. However, I fail to understand how my negative opinion of them makes me stuck up. I want to hear the musicians play...not see them dress up like one's favorite anime characters. Just because I'm not a fan of Dragon Ball Z or whatever doesn't give you the right to attack my outlook on music. No disrespect (well, a little bit, but not much) but look at the big picture here. They look ridiculous.
Old 06.01.2006, 10:16 PM   #26
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

You are stuck up because you aren't giving them a chance because they wear goofy clothes. Clear enough?
Old 06.01.2006, 11:25 PM   #27
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
You should check out Sigh; they're a Japanese hardcore band that incorperates classical elements into their music.

Old 06.01.2006, 11:33 PM   #28
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
sigh are amazing, but they are a black metal band, not hardcore. they started wearing corpsepaint and mayhem's guitarist/mastermind euronymous released their first album on his label, deathlike silence. if you'd like to check out japanese hardcore, check out s.o.b., g.i.s.m., fuck on the beach and gauze, to name a few.

and for the record, i don't like dragon ball at all; but animetal rule my life. i'm just surprised how people are so offended with my musical likings.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 11:35 PM   #29
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
http://www.abunai.com/t6/

There ya go, marley. You have trance feedback to thank.

Thanks to both of you! I appreciate it.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 11:37 PM   #30
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
You should check out Sigh; they're a Japanese hardcore band that incorperates classical elements into their music.

Do you have a link to where I could find some of their music?
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 04:35 PM   #31
Neongod
the destroyed room

Hey, if you want to listen to a bunch of power-ranger wannabe's, go right ahead. You can call me whatever you want, but I'm right and you're wrong.

/thread
Old 06.02.2006, 08:10 PM   #32
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
The guy from Sigh is wearing a Mentors shirt. I never knew that the Mentors were popular enough to actually print shirts. They are a shit band anyway.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 08:10 PM   #33
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Don't know about Sigh, though. They might be good.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth