Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Soundgarden anyone?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.16.2006, 12:18 PM   #21
bytheriver
bad moon rising

bytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nice
Yeah I'd love to see them reform and play, Badmotor finger and Superunknown are both well ace I never heard their first album i always mean too but never got round to it, I love his voice, and they threw in some cool psychedelic riffs in with the 70's heavy rock stuff. Ty Cobb on their last album is a well good tune. After seeing how the Pixies and Janes Addiction and Dinosaur Jnr held up Im no longer wary of bands reforming, so long as they're still of sound mind and enjoying it it'll be OK.

I can never work out though how Audioslave are so shit, RATM should have got Chuck D or they should have let Chris Cornell write the songs, i dont know, but you cant say they didnt have potential.
bytheriver is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 01:54 AM   #22
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
i love soundgarden but i would never want them to reform, you cannot relive halcyon days chasing the dragon like that, it just doesnt work. and everything after superunkown was pretty average and formulaic.

Wanting a good band that played good music to reform and play more good music has nothing to do with reliving halcyon dragon chasing or whatever the hell gibberish you're talking about. That's why lots of these band's don't reform, cause they all have that stupid snob mentality. I remember all the stupid uptight snobs when the pixies reformed, meh... I don't need to see them.. they're such sellouts... they're doing it just for money... I don't need to relive the 80's... blah blah blah. Jackasses
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 04:57 AM   #23
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
Wanting a good band that played good music to reform and play more good music has nothing to do with reliving halcyon dragon chasing or whatever the hell gibberish you're talking about. That's why lots of these band's don't reform, cause they all have that stupid snob mentality. I remember all the stupid uptight snobs when the pixies reformed, meh... I don't need to see them.. they're such sellouts... they're doing it just for money... I don't need to relive the 80's... blah blah blah. Jackasses

halcyon means prosperous and by that i meant musically, and i don't think bands not reforming is for any sort of snobbish reasons, i think it is because their time has come and gone. no need to return to it. chasing the dragon is a term referre to drug users that become addicts by trying to get the very first high again and again but never getting it.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2014, 05:36 PM   #24
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
i know im being lame, but did anyone get this Superunknown super deluxe? that and Badmotorfinger are excellent and always have been, besides those popular singles. their 80's SST stuff not so much. Down on the Upside is boring as ...well boring.

if we can bring up shit like break stuff because im 15 Limp Biscuit and diarrhea Korn and Tool, then surely Soundgarden.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2014, 05:45 AM   #25
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Jesus Christ Pose is best Soundgarden song ever.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth