Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth – Smart Bar – Chicago 1985
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.25.2012, 09:47 PM   #161
psychtrailmix
empty page

psychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's asses
Got this for Christmas today, listening now. Sounds really good! Quality is super nice... this may top the "Hold That Tiger" release... I remember getting that back in early high school, on a Christmas day also! hahaha... was stoked to hear some live SY, but I do think this tops it though. Hearing the extra vocal you guys are talking about on "I Love Her All The Time".... it is a bit odd.. but whatever, doesn't take anything away from it for me. This is awesome early SY... Bad Moon Rising is a long time fave of mine, one of the first SY albums I discovered and got really heavily into. This sounds delicious! Hope you guys are enjoying the holi-dazzzzzze
psychtrailmix is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2012, 11:02 AM   #162
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
I love Band of Gypsys...there's a boot called Box of Gypsys that has all 4 shows from those fillmore dates...I pretty sure nothing was changed to the music after listening to the shows from that...also the Band of Gypsys dvd doc has one of the shows on black and white early video...pretty cool.
I think there exists also official release where is more material than the original vinyl...but I have only that original.

I love all my Hendrix-live records (Band Of Gypsys, Experience, More Experience, Isle Of Wight and Hendrix In the West). I have read Hendrix himself didn´t like his Isle Of Wight -performance, well maybe you can hear in his vocals he´s tired, but I think guitar playing is just pure magic). I have to buy some day Live at the Monterey, Live at Woodstock and that eighties Concerts-double-album.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth