Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kevchino.com reviews Rather Ripped!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.29.2006, 11:08 PM   #41
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, yes...those delightfully entertaining fights between atari2600 and khchris...how I missed them...

As for the review, I decided to listen to 6 of the new tracks (the first 5 plus "Turquoise Boy", which sounds alot to me like ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead covering Mission of Burma's "All World Cowboy Romance"), and I think this is a pretty fair assessment of what I heard...I don't know what you guys are all worked up about; it's a positive review-10 out of 10...

My question is-what happened to the old cover with the makeup mirror?
GeneticKiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2006, 12:32 AM   #42
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
You are such a fucking idiot. I can't believe that they let you on the computers at assisted living. FUCKING TWAT.

That's nice.

So, when do you turn 15?
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 09:37 PM   #43
amh
empty page

amh has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainyard bliss
yea, i have heard very little from the album since i'm waiting for the release of the physical cd, but from what i've heard floating around the board, this seems like the most articulate, insightful perspective yet. of course, you're getting paid for it, so that would make sense.

Actually, I don't get paid for writing for site. Strictly a "love of the music" type of gig.
amh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 09:41 PM   #44
amh
empty page

Quote:
The review sounds as if it was done by someone that's not too familiar with SY's entire body of work or even early 90s work, which was midway through their career...

But I am familiar with SY's 90's work. I guess I just don't hear all the things you do.
Old 06.01.2006, 09:47 PM   #45
amh
empty page

[quote=cbeattie][quote=amh]Yeah, I am the author.
Quote:

Sir, this is the biggest pile of ass-sucking, ephemeral dung I have read in years.

Go home.

Read a book.

Listen to SY.

Read another book

Listen to more SY.

Then listen to Rather Ripped.

Then read another book.

Eat some food.

Meet a nice girl.

Have sex.

Read a book.

Failing the sex part, have a wank.

Listen again to Rather Ripped.

Somewhere along the way you should have developed a personality, and possibly some knoweldge or interest in music, or at least an interest in books, music, food, sex and SY in general.

Now, try to write a review of Rather Ripped.

cbeattie

PS Did you get paid for this?

PPS Please note, I have neither agreed with this author's feelings about RR, nor disagreed. I just despair at the crapness of this review!

No, I did not get paid for the review. Can I see a review you wrote? Can I see if it would stand up to every jerkoff board user? I just write for fun and it happens to get published. So direct your rants at someone else, because all your doing here is [icking a fight (which I will not get drawn into). Other users have respectfully made their dissenting opinions clear. You could attempt the same. Of course, this is the a message board and their are virtually no rules regulating assbags like you.
Old 06.01.2006, 09:55 PM   #46
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
That's nice.

So, when do you turn 15?

Oooh, good one. You REALLY GOT ME THERE! Too bad I'm already 15. When do you get your GED you uneducated fucking twit?

Here is a tip: Don't insult someone's age when you act younger than them.

BIG FONT
Old 06.02.2006, 12:07 AM   #47
ozZuB-ginK
little trouble girl

ozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to behold
[quote=amh][quote=cbeattie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amh
Yeah, I am the author.

No, I did not get paid for the review. Can I see a review you wrote? Can I see if it would stand up to every jerkoff board user? I just write for fun and it happens to get published. So direct your rants at someone else, because all your doing here is [icking a fight (which I will not get drawn into). Other users have respectfully made their dissenting opinions clear. You could attempt the same. Of course, this is the a message board and their are virtually no rules regulating assbags like you.

amh, don't let the few idiots on the board get to you. Even a band like sonic youth who you would think would spawn intelligent fans has it's fair share of knuckle heads who like them too.

atari 2600, don't stop posting here man, i enjoy yr posts too much
Old 06.02.2006, 12:21 AM   #48
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
It's all over (for the moment at least), baby blue.

Machiavelli & Thrasymachus have won (yet) again.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2006, 01:43 AM   #49
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Oooh, good one. You REALLY GOT ME THERE! Too bad I'm already 15. When do you get your GED you uneducated fucking twit?

Here is a tip: Don't insult someone's age when you act younger than them.

BIG FONT

What do you get a 16 year old who has everything in the world?
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth