Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Buzzov•en vs. Eyehategod vs. Iron Monkey vs. ???
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.25.2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I keep reading how these acts were known for drugs, out of control live shows and rather nihilistic look on life generally.

Anyway, not sure how the whole sludge thing sinks in this forum, but personally it's pretty much all I listen to these days. How do you like your nasty hate music?
I almost had a chance to see Eyehategod (and Sourvein), but the show was cancelled like the day after it was announced. Maybe they couldn't supply enough methadone... Also, Buzzov•en are the ones to reunite this time. Sore's a great album.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Thou are pretty awesome. Took a while for me to think so, but when the mood hit, their "Tyrant" LP was just the thing.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I likes me some sludge. Toadliquor are a great band to check out if you like this sort of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYTkp...eature=related
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2010, 07:31 AM   #4
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan, but I do like some sludge, my recent favourites being Thou (seconding Savage Clone here) and Cough (their first album anyway).

I saw Eyehategod earlier this year, they were enjoyable but certainly not out of control.

Buzzov*en I can't take seriously because they were on the Jerry Springer show once in one of those fake "I cheated on my girlfriend with my bandmate's girlfriend while my girlfriend also cheated on me with my bandmate" stories. Look it up on youtube.

Not sure if I've heard Iron Monkey... will check them out.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Buzzov*en I can't take seriously because they were on the Jerry Springer show once in one of those fake "I cheated on my girlfriend with my bandmate's girlfriend while my girlfriend also cheated on me with my bandmate" stories. Look it up on youtube.

I thought you mixed them up with the dude from the Locust, who also did that (a prank), but apparently they did do that too. haha. Hadn't heard of that. On another forum it says they faked it up to get the free flight and paycheck. Both of the buzzoven blokes who did that are in the reunited lineup.
Old 09.30.2010, 09:47 AM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
the eyehategod dudes sobered up after Katrina robbed them of thier heroin and methadone. anyways, eyehategod is one of the best bands there ever was, awesome records and live shows.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2010, 11:40 AM   #7
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Eyehategod last year also, it was a good show, but not the crazed hour of downer mayhem I was hoping it would be, they looked like they were having fun, and while I don't begrudge people having fun it would have been better if they were teetering on the edge of narcotic oblivion. A friend of mine saw them about 10 years ago and he told me it was an absolute mess, but in the best way possible.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2011, 08:27 PM   #8
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

I saw EHG on sunday. Absolutely fucking amazing. They did look like they were having fun, and thus probably, they were stellar. well aged gentlemen, so to speak.

someone shot a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J83KNV_vksc
Old 07.12.2011, 08:40 PM   #9
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Pretty burnt out on this stuff myself...... personally I wasn't impressed by Thou from the CD I bought and I've yet to check out Cough, have been huge into EHG, Corrupted, Noothgrush, Iron Monkey...... for me Sourvein's Will To Mangle is one that's really held up over time. I definitely prefer the sounds of say, Reverend Bizarre and Mournful Congregation and clean vocals in my doom metal over the past few years. However I will always have a soft spot in my grimm black heart for Burning witch, Khanate, etc......

Reverend Bizarre, in my opinion are thee best doom metal band since Black Sabbath. Lojha Power!!!!
Old 07.12.2011, 08:58 PM   #10
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Good call on Will to Mangle. 'Bangleaf' is a monster.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2011, 12:57 AM   #11
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
will see EHG for first time at Power of the Riff fest (LA stop) in Aug., will report back.

http://www.thepoweroftheriff.com/

I wish the Pentagram lineup was the original dudes, but it still might be fun. (Yeah, I know half of them are deceased.) Pelican will be good, Winter is supposedly good. The rest I don't know and don't think I can handle a full day of metal anyways.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2013, 10:44 AM   #12
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Unconfirmed news reports say that EHG drummer Joey LaCaze has died. If this is true... FUCK.

RIP.

Being in a NOLA metal band certainly doesn't seem to add to the life expectancy.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth