Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page In your collection, what album do hate most?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.07.2009, 08:26 AM   #141
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
This is a difficult question to answer, i've got about 2000 CDs, tapes, and records, the ones I've bought that I really didn't like are ones that I forget about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
There's a few of Thurston's noise things that I wonder why I bought them, but I can't say I hate them because I just don't bother to listen to them. I have plenty of shit hot stuff to play, why waste my time worrying about stuff that I'm just not that bothered about?

In Light of Blunderbuss's statement I have revised my opinion, the record I own that I hate the most is:
Thurston Moore - Please Just Leave Me My Paul Desmond
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2009, 08:48 AM   #142
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
i've never heard that one; but everybody hates it with passion; is it really that bad?? I thought it was more or less kind of "sensitive/lethal" sort of stuff-sounding, no?
is it even worse than TV SHIT?
Old 01.07.2009, 09:04 AM   #143
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
i've never heard that one; but everybody hates it with passion; is it really that bad?? I thought it was more or less kind of "sensitive/lethal" sort of stuff-sounding, no?
is it even worse than TV SHIT?

much worse than tv shit, haven't heard sensitive/lethal
Old 01.07.2009, 09:26 AM   #144
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
much worse than tv shit, haven't heard sensitive/lethal
right, so that's recorded farts, i guess. cuz imo TV SHIT is really huh shitty.
Old 01.07.2009, 09:32 AM   #145
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
from her to eternity. i bought it solely based on the cover and cuz someone told me it's his best album, and i love the boatman's call. but this is really not my thing, can't get into it.
lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2009, 11:07 AM   #146
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Now that someone brought up that particular thurston moore fuck up (please leave me my... that is), it's my answer too.

In my book, just by being lame isn't enough to get an album a hate status. Thus, there's not many albums in my collection I honestly loathe. This gang of four album might be one though, I have to listen to it again to make a judgement.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2009, 01:05 PM   #147
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
right, so that's recorded farts, i guess.

no, farts are at least funny.
Old 01.23.2009, 09:16 PM   #148
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
actually an album i hate even more is A Perfect Circle - Emotive... terrible. maybe one song is like 1/2 good? but yeah awful, awful album.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2009, 10:09 AM   #149
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses

Old 01.24.2009, 03:09 PM   #150
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I have a whole load of albums I call the "regretful pile", which are remenants of my godawful taste from my early teen years, and that are so shitty and removed from what I listen to now that I don't think they really 'count'. Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Sum 41 and so on. Nothing original. Out of those however, one particular monstrosity always stands out, like a turd floating to the surface, and that is:

OPM - Forthemasses

The English language is simply insufficient to convey how brain rapingly awful this album is, but a sample section of the lyrics from the first single, 'Horny', may go some way to giving you an idea:

I keep on lookin' at her like I got game
"What's your sign girl what's your name?"
"Are you lookin' at me like I'm lookin' at you?"
Later on baby doll we'll be cookin' for two

Cuz girl's come and girls yes they go
I wish these girls would just let me know
Can I take you home to night
Is my future with you looking bright

All this conversating it's so frustrating
All this in-between waiting that comes along with dating
Masturbating would be just fine
We're just wasting time with these pick up lines

So this is what we're gonna do
You make it easy for me I'll make it easy for you
Just clap your hands just clap your hands
Just clap your hands if you're horny

If you're horny and you know it clap your hands
If you're horny and you know it clap your hands
If you're horny and you know it and you really want to show it
Well get on my lap and do a dance

Aside from that, in my 'proper' record collection, I'd probably have to say the one I actually have the closest to genuine hatred for would be John Martyn's 'Piece by Piece', as it represents to me a concentrated distillation of everything that was wrong with popular music in the 80s. Why in God's name would you want to put synths all over a John Martyn record? If I actually owned it, an even better example of the same principle would be Miles Davis' 'Aura'.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2009, 06:14 AM   #151
sarramkrop

Alles Uber Schizophrene - Endgame

Played it once, and put to rest.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth