Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page When was the last time you thought humanity made a step forward and why?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.06.2010, 08:21 PM   #41
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
thanks, i noticed, i keep it right next to my full length mirror.

the sign that says "incapable of grasping sarcasm" went right over your head.
Oooohh!!
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2010, 09:05 PM   #42
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
This is the second time I see tubesteak mentioned today. Oh. Oooh.

My theory is that all of creation is harmonically linked to my boner.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2010, 10:40 PM   #43
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
This one person held the door open for me one time...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2010, 07:02 AM   #44
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
abolishing slavery? lol?

science? yep, nuclear bombs too. new technology with which to kill things.

medicine. true, altho we can mostly only cure or attempt to manage diseases that are created by modern conditions. so its kind of a double edged sword. but yes method, knowledge, technique and technology have improved massively. we may have lost a lot too but that old knowledge is not impossible to rediscover. a massive downside is all the potential cures for cancer/other disease that we could have found but are lost forever due to our enviromental recklessness. (they reckon their must have the clues that would lead us to a cure for cancer somewhere in the brazillian rainforest but thats its probably lost now or will be soon due to all the logging.)

equality laws? maybe if your a first worlder. and you're not female, black, from originally outside of the national state you live in now or gay, in which case you'll be at best "tolerated" and kept in your place and at worst basically murdered. and even so, the equality laws have not fixed the income disparity between blacks, hispanics, latinos etc. and the white population. we can't legislate equality when the system demands it as its structural foundation.

plentiful food? only if your a first worlder. otherwise things have probably got worse for you. and the 1st world food is only good for the minority, the rest eat unhealthy shit, far worse and more toxic than most of the so called "uncivilised" peoples but yes, there is a lot of it.

democracy? i'll believe it when i see it.

you could have said technology, but after peak oil that's all over anyway haha. once peak oil is gone and providing we don't find a workable alternative (wind solar etc. rely on oil/batteries) we're going back to the primitive anyway. but yeah, without wanting to sound like i endorse the whole "technology will save us and is the reason for life" argument we have made a lot of new shit recently. but this shit isn't necessarily gonna last. wasn't the flush toilet, or was it maybe some sort of irrigation system, created somewhere then lost for centuries before it reappeared again? we will possibly loose a lot of our acheivements in the sands of time.

also civilisation has brought unprecedented enviromental destruction. but it should be said also the means with which to understand and predict things like global warming.

so its kind of a mixed bag, but i think the civilisation/non civilsation framework is kind of useless.

This is the most overwrought misunderstanding of a Monty Python reference I've ever read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2010, 08:20 AM   #45
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Hahahaha!
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2010, 01:53 PM   #46
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Oooohh!!
this bitch still bites.

<3 you, you're queen of the internet forever
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2010, 03:33 PM   #47
Better_Than_Deux
children of satan

Better_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's asses
The last time I thought humanity made a step forward was a couple weeks ago while watching Food Inc. on PBS.

Joel Salatin said: A culture that just uses a pig as a pile of protoplasmic inanimate structure, to be manipulated by whatever creative design the human can foist on that critter, will probably view individuals within its community, and other cultures in the community of nations, with the same type of disdain and disrespect and controlling type mentalities.

Even though it's not all of humanity who is this insightful, I really do believe voicing an opinion that sheds light on such an astounding correalation is a step in the right direction. We treat animals horribly, and by doing so are only punishing ourselves.

Better_Than_Deux is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2010, 04:15 PM   #48
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
off-topic, I think my laptop's trying to tell me something; the day I buy the new Darkthrone CD its CD player stops working.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth