Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What are you latest concert expirience's
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.05.2007, 11:25 PM   #41
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
next:

this sunday: adrian belew trio.
then, kinda in order:

divine heresy
kreator/hammerfall/kotipelto
katatonia
mutek festival (with a bunch of minimal house, dubstep and idm guys and hauschka!)
celtic frost/finntroll
avril lavigne
the cure (if they give me tickets for free)
manifest festival (with YO LA TENGO, plus a bunch of hipster bullshit like interpuke and the teddybears)
sodom!!!!
tristeza
hirax
probably taste of chaos (for gallows and rise against and the songs from the first used album)
björk only if she plays here and chris corsano comes to drum for her.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 07:41 AM   #42
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
At the Garden Nef Party festival (Angoulême) :

Alela Diane : boring, she's really overrated.

Nada Surf : good on the whole, even if I would have preferred them to play more songs from The proximity effect and Let go.

The Kills : good but a bit disappointing (maybe because the new record is not great ?).

Moriarty : very good, they mix blues and folk with success and the female singer has a very nice voice, I really enjoyed it.

Heavy trash : I hate rockabilly so it wasn't my cup of tea.

Brian Jonestown Massacre : disappointing, their previous gig at Angoulême was much better.

The Raconteurs : they suck.
Old 07.19.2008, 08:20 AM   #43
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
boris/torche, devo, polvo, mission of burma, no fun, kanye west (fuck you it was fun as hell). i havnt gone to enough shows this summer, ive been at a hospital for preoperative appointment multiple times per week, not to mention work, taking a math class, and aa meetings, etc.. havnt got to do a lotta fun shit.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 02:45 PM   #44
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i went to see an australian twee pop band whose name i forgot, like a month ago, when i was getting better from dying of flu. it was alright, fun.

i wanted to go see mccoy tyner but alas, i was too broke.

i'll be playing in a week and a half then it's going to be descartes a kant twice and then pretty boy floyd!!!

i might be going to ny so i'll definitely try to catch some shows there.
Old 07.19.2008, 02:54 PM   #45
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I saw BYOP at the the Wiltern a few weeks ago. The venue was far better than the show, so I specifically got balcony to sit back and enjoy it from a distance. We got some Hennessy and sent stupid texts to the big screen until a couple random bands played. Don't remember much. They were alright, if not boring. BYOP came up, Jemina swigged beer the whole time and bragged about being 21 now, threw up violently, and then we left before the headliner (She Wants Revenge--ew). But there were a ton of hot girls there for the headliner, so it wasn't all that bad. It was quite a good relaxing experience.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 02:56 PM   #46
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
Heavy trash : I hate rockabilly so it wasn't my cup of tea.

I'm semi-curious to hear them, even though I doubt I'd be too impressed. I like Rockabilly but can't help thinking that JS will be a total ham throughout.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 02:57 PM   #47
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
I went to see the Brian Jonestown Massacre for the 3rd time last week, as always the band were complete ASSHOLES! and the audience heckled them throughout because of that, but when they played it was fucking fantastic, they are (next to the Flaming Lips) the best live band i have ever seen. Every time i go to see them i am totally blown away.
they are really awesome live, aren't they. anton cracks me up yelling at the audience.

i'm still deaf from mbv.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 03:04 PM   #49
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i heard a song, it was pretty mediocre.

re: heavy trash.

I have there first album, which has a couple of OK moments but is on the whole the usual dull Spencer pastiche-fest. A shame, because his sidekick Matt Verta-Ray seems quite good.

I actually think that Rockabilly is one of the hardest types of music to really play convincingly today. The very fact that it costs so much more to sound that cheap defies the whole object of it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 03:18 PM   #50
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

yeah, definitely, i was thinking how ridiculously high analogue studio costs are nowadays.
Old 07.19.2008, 03:31 PM   #51
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Boris!

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 04:29 PM   #52
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I actually think that Rockabilly is one of the hardest types of music to really play convincingly today. The very fact that it costs so much more to sound that cheap defies the whole object of it.

The line that seperates 'good' rockabilly from 'bad' rockabilly is roughly half and atom wide. Entirely mystifying as to why so much of it is so very, very bad.

I saw a Messiaen concert this evening. Maybe concert of the year for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 04:31 PM   #53
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Well, ooh la-la, Mister Highbrow.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 04:44 PM   #54
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Proper concerts are amazing. Everyone's polite and smiling, the merest hint of a cough sends rivers of frowns coursing around. Much better than the generic personal hygeine-free world of rock gigs.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 07.19.2008, 05:47 PM   #55
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
last time was warped tour- hundred and three degrees, hot as hell, lots of shitty bands. watched against me! and finally met them, had to get lifted out of angels and airwaves. threw stuff at the briggs by the frontguy's request and he thanked me.

sorry this is so stream of consciousness, i slept sixteen hours today and can't gather my thoughts.

june 8- harlem shakes and vampire weekend. the shakes and i are friendly, so watching them again was a blast. they put on an amazing live show.. even a song about florida. vampire weekend had everyone singing and call-repsond stuff going on. shakes were better because their music is a bit more complex and i'm biased. too many thirteen year olds there that heard one song by vampire weekend at american eagle, but us older folks with brains overwhelmed.. overall, fun fun show, nice and intimate venue.

i fucking hate florida and only one or two good shows a month...

april something- xiu xiu in texas. i'm seeing the opening band (thao + get down stay down) again this friday because they too were so much fun. thao was folky rock. xiu xiu played about 20 songs, no encore. my dad talked to jamie (dad drove me there) and asked him to play under pressure. my ears were rattled for a few days because i was right up front between jamie and caralee. what a group of sweethearts that band is. my setlist is covered in sharpie-ink boobs drawn by the drummer. awesome, awesome show with almost all of my xiu^2 favorites.
Old 07.19.2008, 05:56 PM   #56
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
if you're my anchor
then i'm throwing you over the side

I like how this seems to say one thing, then seems to say another, then ends up saying something quite sweet. Yours, or a lyric?

Quote:
Old 07.19.2008, 05:58 PM   #57
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
The Nels Cline Singers
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 06:16 PM   #58
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Concerts I've been to in July:

Sunburned Hand of the Man 7/10
Comets on Fire 9/10

Sightings 7/10

Machinefabriek 6/10
Stephen O'Malley 5/10
Oren Ambarchi 8/10

Asva 7/10
Gravetemple 8/10

Harvey Milk 6/10
Oxbow 7/10

Wu-Tang Clan 9/10

The Heads 8/10
Wooden Shjips 7/10
Butthole Surfers 1/10 (yes, that bad.)

Monarch! 6/10
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 07:09 PM   #59
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I like how this seems to say one thing, then seems to say another, then ends up saying something quite sweet. Yours, or a lyric?

it's from 'hindsight' by the long winters. wish it was mine.
Old 07.20.2008, 01:44 AM   #60
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
fuck you who saw the wu and buttholes, i missed the surfers and heard it RULED, fuck.

just got back from tour so uh...
-got drunk and played a really good set in queens to a punk and a 10th grader both from jersey, stayed drunk on the subway got offered drugs and talked with the dude about god and the bible and then played a shitty set in brooklyn, made $80
-went to check out panicsville and little lovely girls, drank whiskey before the show, i think selling alcohol at HOUSE SHOWS is dumb but i bought some beers... and some vodka... and some more whiskey. puked a few times outside and passed out, panicsville sucked, LLG was awesome. also wandered down the street looking for a payphone and peed behind a dumpster and turned around to two COPS, totally got out of it with a "i'm from oregon, no i dont have ID on me", ha then they groped my butt to see if i really had my wallet or not which i didnt.
-pittsburgh, got drunk and stoned with joe roemer who played as did i(weird here because we were in a bar smoking weed inside and i was drinking beer, pittsburghs COOL)
-heres a weird one: played in a squat in providence and didnt do much, weird is all i can say, played alright
- best noise show ive been to in LOWELL, MASS 2 day noise fest- day 2 wasted as fuck on dxm, fucking AWESOME. fuckity fuck FUCK. all the bands were emotionally MOVING.
- went to check out a punk show in portland, total abuse and some others, was homeless for the night until i ran into the super drunk saint ANDY GOOCH, stayed at his place and drank!
portland- DRUNK, all my gear lost by airplane service, borrow a few pedals and a toy guitar and sing love songs, seriously drunk, dude filmed it but was worried about putting it on youtube like he does everything he films.
- seattle, 6 hour greyhound ride, play a killer set and drive 4 hours back home
- vancouver, wa- AMAZING bbq noise party, i played twice, both in varying degrees of DRUNK, people were going crazy jumping on my table and shit
short clip: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EjHGb2bdh6E
another solid as fuck show with all sorts of fucked up northwestern noise misfits
-los angeles-drunk, flirt(not good at), drank a beer with a chili in it, suddenly in the trunk of an suv driving around LA

skipped a couple of the boring ones

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth