Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Trees outside the academy leak
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.02.2007, 01:53 PM   #81
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, a friend of mine knowing that i'm a SY fan played "Trees" for me... he found it at a blog, that i won't type or mention the link here because i don't believe in LEAKING. so don't pm me or email me because i won't forward the link. after the 2 listens i had i think its a great album, certainly will be purchasing it for the obvious reasons... also i'm holding out from downloading it.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 02:03 PM   #82
HairwayToSteven
children of satan

HairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's asses
How hard is it to wait until it is released in its proper format? How about having some respect for Thurston and his music on the SY FORUM. So lame.

This thread sucks.
HairwayToSteven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 05:17 PM   #83
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
far be it from me to post negatively in response to somebody named after 'hairway to steven', but i think this is just 'one of those things' that everybody expects, nowadays. i remember way back when 'nyc ghosts' leaked, i had the same outraged viewpoint as you, but can anyone name a single noteworthy album that HASN'T leaked at least a month or more (sometimes many more) prior to its release, in the past few years? it's just the nature of the internet, and i suppose the music industry these days. don't send out advance copies, see what happens?

i'm also fairly sure the people crying foul are just annoyed becuz they can't find the leak online and feel left out. might be wrong.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 05:24 PM   #84
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i'm going to download it, burn 50 copies, xerox some pics of ol' thurston and sell them for $20.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 05:34 PM   #85
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
if you can find a pic of 13-year-old T spraying lysol around the room, i'll pay $50.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 10:04 PM   #87
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
i'm also fairly sure the people crying foul are just annoyed becuz they can't find the leak online and feel left out. might be wrong.

Oh please,you really don'y have to be a genius to find the link. The only thing is Thurston's most likely very excited to get reactions when releasing it in September and then this thread on their own website, no fun I can imagine.

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 12:17 AM   #88
akesin
Administrator

akesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's asses
Glad everyone is digging the record anyway and thanks to Jef and the other supporters for their sympathy.

As you would imagine, we/ Ecstatic Peace are pouring all the *love* we have into the production and promotion of what we consider one of our most important releases to date so it is tough to see it downloaded for free by all with a computer connection 3 months before release. That said, I sorta respect everyone's point of view on this - this is the reality of this moment in time - I suppose.

Our plan to "defend" the leaking of the download and encourage people to buy a record they already have on September 18? A turbo killer "must have" package of Thurston goodness that everyone will need. Simple right?
akesin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 01:09 AM   #89
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
I think about it like that-- In September, while every one who downloaded will be looking for a new thrill I'll be going to have a brand new Thurston Moore album to listen to. And now with "must have" package it will be double fun buying it.
What I'm trying to say here is that the anticipation for the album is part of the fun. Just like sex.

On a serious note I think that any Thurston/Sonic Youth fan should buy it even if it just to support Ecstatic Peace. I'm going to buy it as a birthday gift to some of my friends. Hey kesin, do you have wholesale prices?
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 01:31 AM   #90
musicfallinglikesnow
stalker

musicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's asses
I will state my reasons to download the record like this. I live in Argentina. I have to pay an Internet connection to get a job, when I get a job, so that's not a luxury but a necessity. Buying records in a store has become costly here at least for me who am not some of the privileged minority who enjoys a standard of living similar to that of Europe or America. Considering that a small label like Ecstatic Peace will probably NOT release the record as it is in Argentina, my choices are: to buy an "import" as it is called here, which is double or triple the value of the original record, having in mind one Argentinean peso: *EDIT: sorry, one dollar: three Argentinean pesos, or one euro, four Argentinean pesos, approx. The other choice: buying online, in which case I'll have to pay for the record, the shipping fee, plus the customs taxes, which are equal to the price of the record, in US dollars. That supposing the label decides to put it out through a major online store like Amazon which ships overseas. Anyway, a hard enterprise for my exiguous pocket in any case.
This is not an apology because I know what I'm doing is wrong, but I think Thurston would prefer some of his fans to enjoy his work this way to not to enjoy it at all. This is desperate, not rational, I know.
Thus said, I want to thank all that made possible for me to have the record, including Thurston of course.

musicfallinglikesnow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 05:00 AM   #91
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by akesin
Our plan to "defend" the leaking of the download and encourage people to buy a record they already have on September 18? A turbo killer "must have" package of Thurston goodness that everyone will need. Simple right?
As long as it won't be a "super limited" edition, I'm even more glad to have decided not to dl the leaked tracks.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 08:31 AM   #92
mAraujo
little trouble girl

mAraujo is a splendid one to beholdmAraujo is a splendid one to beholdmAraujo is a splendid one to beholdmAraujo is a splendid one to beholdmAraujo is a splendid one to beholdmAraujo is a splendid one to behold
I hope it gets distributed in Portugal, or at least made available online.
mAraujo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 08:40 AM   #93
akesin
Administrator

akesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's asses
Regardless of where it's distributed, our titles will always be available online at EcstaticPeace.com.
akesin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 08:45 AM   #94
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicfallinglikesnow
...The other choice: buying online, in which case I'll have to pay for the record, the shipping fee, plus the customs taxes, which are equal to the price of the record, in US dollars. That supposing the label decides to put it out through a major online store like Amazon which ships overseas. Anyway, a hard enterprise for my exiguous pocket in any case...
You've forgotten to mention the risk (likelihood, even) that, if you buy online, the package may never even reach you.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 08:50 AM   #95
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
You've forgotten to mention the risk (likelihood, even) that, if you buy online, the package may never even reach you.

That happened to me with a Smog release, I ordered it well before christmas of last year and it still hasn't arrived. So sad.

In regards to the album, I've listened to it once through, and a couple of tracks twice or thrice. I have a feeling I'll just leave it until the CD comes out now because I hate having to click on each mp3 file induvidually for quicktime to play it (my pc has shit software). 'It's an excellent album' from my first listening. Highlights are 'never day' and 'wonderful witches'. I love how you randomly hear a face-melting mascis solo now and then.

So in conclusion, well-fucking-done, Thurston w/ sonic cohorts. It's as solid as psychic hearts was and I know as soon as I get a real copy of the album in my hands I'll spin it long into the night.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 08:53 AM   #96
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Danny, please don't give me the opportunity to make comparisons between Liverpool and Argentina. You know that I won't be able to resist the temptation to be rude about Liverpudlians.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 08:58 AM   #97
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Be rude if you really want to, it's going to be you who'll look stupid in hindsight.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 08:59 AM   #98
rocky
bad moon rising

rocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
Oh please,you really don'y have to be a genius to find the link. The only thing is Thurston's most likely very excited to get reactions when releasing it in September and then this thread on their own website, no fun I can imagine.
Word up!
Some of us think leaks are boring!
I am excited about the record and don't want to hear it in such a boring format, now that i have a record player that will be the way to go!
Old 07.03.2007, 09:10 AM   #99
farmhouse
bad moon rising

farmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's asses
i finish work in 15 minutes and i can't wait to get back and hear thurston's new songs again . . . i'm at that point where i've probably listened to the whole about 10 times and i bloody love it.

i do not feel guilty about downloading it.

in fact i couldn't help myself from downloading it.

Thurston has done this to me. If he wasn't so good at what he does i wouldn't give two shits about this album leaking . . . and i'm sure it wouldn't have leaked.

Yeah, i'm greedy and impatient, so what? i'm a westerner, i'm a victim like the rest of us . . .

this doesn't mean i won't buy it when it comes out!

and it doesn't mean that i commend that cunt who leaked it in the first place!
farmhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 11:35 AM   #100
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by akesin
Glad everyone is digging the record anyway and thanks to Jef and the other supporters for their sympathy.

As you would imagine, we/ Ecstatic Peace are pouring all the *love* we have into the production and promotion of what we consider one of our most important releases to date so it is tough to see it downloaded for free by all with a computer connection 3 months before release. That said, I sorta respect everyone's point of view on this - this is the reality of this moment in time - I suppose.

andrew, well said! i downloaded and copied te album onto cd for a mate. with a crappy cover and typed out trackilst. not with th full works of a neat pacage and im sure the release will have a better bitrate on the tracks! if its good enough for ecstatic peace, its good enough for me! keep up the work andrew and where are the ecstatic teeshirts you promised?????????

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth