Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Please Please Please Please Please I beg of everyone
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.29.2008, 02:44 AM   #81
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
my dad asked me what hipster and indie meant and i said basically they act like they know everything six weeks before you do and wear stupid sweaters. the worst is when they're vegan. so it's self-righteous on top of hive-minded.

there's nothing wrong with being vegan.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2008, 03:53 AM   #82
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
this sort of talk furstrates me
its pretty clear a lot of you hear that are whinging about this are a "hipster" of some sort

so please Shhh
Old 11.29.2008, 04:01 AM   #83
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler

nothing against veganism at all. i'm just adding that it's becoming a hipster thing to do. just one more "creative" personality facet added only as a trend.
Old 11.29.2008, 04:02 AM   #84
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
he he
this makes me wanna quote S.M
Old 11.29.2008, 04:14 AM   #85
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
this sort of talk furstrates me
its pretty clear a lot of you hear that are whinging about this are a "hipster" of some sort

so please Shhh

This is true.

People who spend their time complaining about hipsters are ALWAYS one kind of hipster or another. Nobody else particularly gives a fuck. What's so wrong with being hip anyways?
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2008, 05:08 AM   #86
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i don't care, so they don't annoy me.

just as long as you stay genuine about what you do, wear and believe in, i don't see the problem.

people should not get annoyed by each other so quickly: take a deep breath and look the other way.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2008, 05:12 PM   #87
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

There kind of is actually
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2008, 05:18 PM   #88
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i don't get vegans. I understand trying to help the environment and what-not, and trying to help fight animal cruelty. but i just dont get vegans

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2008, 05:31 PM   #89
eduveloper
bad moon rising

eduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
i don't get vegans. I understand trying to help the environment and what-not, and trying to help fight animal cruelty. but i just dont get vegans
let the animals do their thing, do not interfere.
if that's the idea, i'll respect that highly.
but what about pets then?
to what purpose is that
i don't get it either
eduveloper is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2008, 08:10 PM   #90
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
i totally respect vegetarians who don't want to eat food with a face, but veganism is just unhealthy sorry
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2008, 12:35 AM   #91
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
i totally respect vegetarians who don't want to eat food with a face, but veganism is just unhealthy sorry

i went vegan about two months ago and the last time i felt this good and healthy was 5 years ago. when i was vegan.

just like any other diet you're on, if you eat healthy and the right way then there's nothing wrong with whatever diet you're on. don't forget to exercise either.

like i said, there's nothing wrong with being vegan. just like there's nothing wrong with eating meat. it's one's own choice.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2008, 06:42 AM   #92
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i went vegan about two months ago and the last time i felt this good and healthy was 5 years ago. when i was vegan.

just like any other diet you're on, if you eat healthy and the right way then there's nothing wrong with whatever diet you're on. don't forget to exercise either.

like i said, there's nothing wrong with being vegan. just like there's nothing wrong with eating meat. it's one's own choice.

indeed. i'll never be a vegan, first of all because i barely care enough about food to be a good vegetarian. and second because i don't see why i shouldn't eat eggs or milk, i try to avoid everything animals have to suffer for (meat and leather), thats enough for me.

flickr

Old 11.30.2008, 08:06 AM   #93
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
i don't see why i shouldn't eat eggs or milk, i try to avoid everything animals have to suffer for (meat and leather), thats enough for me.
Egg laying hens are kept in cages the size of a piece of paper in width and height. Beforehand, the beaks of the hens are cut off to prevent pecking and when the hen is removed to be slaughtered for pet food after 72 weeks in the care workers need to cut off their talons which had overgrown around the wiring of the cage.

I'm no vegan, nor vegetarian but if you are going to compare animal suffering then you should consider the details. Live-stock factory farming is largely unethical for the same concerns of overcrowding, sanitation, confinement, and general treatment.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2008, 08:15 AM   #94
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Egg laying hens are kept in cages the size of a piece of paper in width and height. Beforehand, the beaks of the hens are cut off to prevent pecking and when the hen is removed to be slaughtered for pet food after 72 weeks in the care workers need to cut off their talons which had overgrown around the wiring of the cage.

I'm no vegan, nor vegetarian but if you are going to compare animal suffering then you should consider the details. Live-stock factory farming is largely unethical for the same concerns of overcrowding, sanitation, confinement, and general treatment.

Buy free-range?
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2008, 08:15 AM   #95
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Can we just reflect on how "eat healthy and the right way and there's nothing wrong with the diet you're on" makes absolutely no sense? "Eat healthy" is exactly what the diet intends. Diet entails the frequency and manner of consumption as much as what is consumed.

And this dietary relativism only serves to prevent argument. One is healthier than the other, one is more ethical than the other.
Old 11.30.2008, 08:20 AM   #96
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Buy free-range?
And what about all the other food stuffs one buys which involve eggs to make? Care for a slice of cake?

Personal ethical lifestyle choices are for hippies. If live-stock factory family practices are unethical, then I will seek to make them illegal.
Old 11.30.2008, 08:26 AM   #97
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't say I make ethical lifestyle choices. I was just sayin'.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2008, 08:26 AM   #98
pbradley
invito al cielo

And I was just saying.
Old 11.30.2008, 08:31 AM   #99
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley

i tend to avoid those. the eggs i buy are from hens who have space to walk around freely. most other products i buy are biological, and i do think about where my food comes from. but since society makes it hard to always find an animal-friendly alternative, i sometimes have to stick with what's available.

besides, i live in a family of eight and i'm the only vegetarian. me going vegan or being extremely picky about the origins of my food would mean a whole lot of extra trouble and worries here.

flickr

Old 11.30.2008, 08:49 AM   #100
pbradley
invito al cielo

Alternatives are for people who have given up trying to change the world.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth